bringing on labour...

kes_a

Reaction score
so what are you ladies trying to bring on labour.anything weird wonderful and down right crazy?

or are there people like me not bothing with it all and letting baby come on its own accord.(mainly out of lazyness on my part) have a birth ball and RLT from time to time but thats about it.ive decided just to stay relaxed and chilled out and let baby and my body do what its designed to do :flower:

Hey! Nothing works anyways! I tried stuff and nothing helped hahaha. I did drink raspberry leaf tea though and went from 2-8 cm's in half an hour, so I would drink that if I were you...
X

im not a hot drink fan tbh but do try to have 1 mug a day

I haven't really done anything to bring on labor.
I have gone walking a few times, but not much. My lady bits hurt a bit so I haven't DTD in a week, as of Friday my doctor says my cervix isn't ready so I'm sure I'm going to go overdue and now I'm wishing I would have TRIED to do something ANYTHING to bring on labor.

After 2 inductions in 48 hours, the thing that started me off... an hour bouncing on a birthing ball.. 4 hours later waters broke :) x

i love my birth ball.only thing i feel comfortable on.been having horrible back ache for a few days and slouching over my ball on all fours really takes the preassure off.its great!

once I hit 37 weeks, im trying EVERYTHING to get my little girlie out as I Cant do the uncomfortable sleeping and leg cramps anymore xx

ive realised nothing is going to work lol ive had a sweep had sex had pineapples cleaning missions walked the lot and im forty two weeks tomoro well seven days over they havnt even spoke to me about being induced ive lost loads of my plug yesterday was gettin so much pain last nite every twenty minutes then it just stopped on friday at my sweep i was two centre meters dilated and most of the day ive been goin toilet and havin small wet patches in my knickers. maybe tomoz i should just ring my mw and talk about being induced all my girls was late and i was ten days over nd induced with my first that was nearly twelve yrs ago. x

Ppl keep going on at me about the pineapple - from what I gather to get the right level of enzymes from it to be of any use you'd need to eat 10 a day! That would most likely make a person sick so I'm not doing anything to get things moving....LO will come when she's good and ready and if she's overdue then I'll let those qualified deal with it.

Walking up hills?! Chance would be a fine thing - with SPD that would be plain silly. ;)

I have exactly 1 week left till my due date and NO symptoms whatsoever.

I am drinking 4 cups of raspberry leaf tea daily, bouncing on my exercise ball pretty often, I had sex every other day and planning to continue :blush: and tonight I am planning some nipple stimulation while :sex:.
I am pretty active all day, I have been very active all my pregnancy, now I just want to have her in my arms...the sooner, the better.
So far I don't really know if any of those will work.
Keep you posted.:kiss:

Ppl keep going on at me about the pineapple - from what I gather to get the right level of enzymes from it to be of any use you'd need to eat 10 a day! That would most likely make a person sick so I'm not doing anything to get things moving....LO will come when she's good and ready and if she's overdue then I'll let those qualified deal with it.

Walking up hills?! Chance would be a fine thing - with SPD that would be plain silly. ;)
lol i ate two slices of a fresh pineapple then felt sick that rules that one out for why it didnt work haha.

I am doing absolutley nothing to provoke him to come early, i want to god knows i want him to come right now but im trying to be patient and wait until he is ready, just hope he comes friday so i dont go overdue o_O x

im usin a fit ball.. got it friday been bouncing away ever since..iv slowly been losin some plug not heaps though but hey its a start lol.

everyone says their ball helps things along for them but my baby wont evan engage and ive been on it alot for the last 3weeks.mine just makes me feel more comfortable

I started on the RLT today, just had one bag maybe I should do another now!
Heard they only work if used for few weeks before- I am not necessarily drinking it to bring on the labour but have heard from so many people that have drank it that 2nd stage labour was so fast : )

ok well i've been trying alsorts and nothing works!!! ive been drinking RLT but thats not supposed to induce labour, its supposed to make the 2nd stage quicker.

i've been bouncing on my ball, i've been going on the wii fit (trying to keep active) tried a stupidly hot curry (well 2 actually), tired sex (but only once really coz hubbi is freaked out by it), tried nipple stimulation which brings on BH but nothing progresses. i've decided baby is staying put till she wants to come and thats that lol x

hi ladies,

today is my due date, but I don't feel anything that would suggest I might go into labour.
I have tried everything : RLT, Pineapple, hot curries, lots and lots of chilly food, warm milk, sex, bouncing on ball, getting down on all fours as advised by my midwife....nothing has worked.

Today I haven't managed to do anything, been on the phone all day because my family friends, work colleagues and neighbours have been calling and texting etc to see what stage I'm at.

I'm so ready to meet my little girl but she just feels too comfortable in my tummy.
The only difference I have noticed today is that my bowl movement is looser (sorry tmi) but not sure if that means anything.

Can any of you ladies suggest anything ???

thanks
xx

im coming to the conclusion all these things only work when your bodys ready to go into labour.just helps it along abit when the time does come.

after 13 days of labor and being stuck at 3cm, I actually danced like a crazy person lol. It worked enough that they finally admitted me and helped me out! But I was 40+6 lol

Ive just been DTD, Bouncing on a ball & drinking RLT, although i know RLT
doesnt bring on labour, but if it makes 2nd stage quicker, im all for that! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"