Britian's Biggest Babies

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
...is scaring me *puts down cinnamon pastry* :blush:

Anyone else watching?

We were watching whilst having our tea.

My OH had to leave so I told him when I get pregnant I must eat chips and chocolate!:rofl:

It was mad, the one year old who could eat a whole bag of chips and they questioned why she was so large???:dohh:

Emma.x

I haven't watched it all yet as I have it on Sky+, but my initial thought when they said that babies born heavy overweight when older, was 'what's their diet??' Surely if a baby is born overweight but constantly fed healthy food then there's no reason for them to be overweight?

Must watch more!

I watched it some of the mums e.g the lil lad called joe's mum didn't excatly feed him a healthy diet!! xx x

I know...

It was quite sad to see him as he already knew he was larger than other kiddies his age and he was upset by it...but his mum didnt appear to feed him nutritious foods but opted for her diet of chips and convienince foods.

I thought it was a shame when they went swimming he was having a great time but she only took him to the pensioners swim as she was embarrased then she never got in the water but made her cousin go in...

But my OH sat shouting at the telly(when he was in the room) and has just finished quizzing me if on how we will feed our future children etc etc...

Bit of an eye opener but as one Doc said the country is becoming more obese so larger ladies are becoming more teh norm for deliveries...but they may not deliver a larger baby!

Emma.xx

i gave in and watched the apprentice instead would you be able to fill me in and let me know what happened roughly please, i was panicking as i thought it was about obese ladies who struggled with their labour due to having huge babies,..i panicked being big myself!!

h x

The hospital where I'll be giving birth was featured quite a lot and sees the highest amount of obese pregnant women in the country. DH said "You've picked the right hospital then", cheeky git!

i gave in and watched the apprentice instead would you be able to fill me in and let me know what happened roughly please, i was panicking as i thought it was about obese ladies who struggled with their labour due to having huge babies,..i panicked being big myself!!

h x

i am big too and now i wish i hadnt watched it, cos it has frightened the life out of me :cry:

I couldn't believe the diet of some of those children!

Good on Karen though for losing 3.5 stone and for changing her, and her children's diets.

I'm not overweight, but I have been craving lots of sugar and junk food recently. It's made me want to cut back straight away. I don't like the thought that my baby will be predisposed to wanting sugary foods and being overweight.

I was really shocked when they said sometimes they have to break babies arms and legs..... :cry: that is awful!!!

...and collarbones. :( Must be so traumatic.

Saying that, my Mum is a size 8 and had four children. The heaviest at 11lbs 8oz, the lightest at 9lbs 6 oz.

h x

Clips from the show are here:

https://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/BritainsBiggestBabies/default.html

I watched it !! I couldnt believe what they were feeding their children and then wondering why they were big !!!!

I felt so sorry for joe who already had issues with clothes not fitting him !

I have to say that when i had Leigha i put on 5 stone...i went from a size 10 to a size 18 and Leigha was born at 9lb13oz. And now, my daughter is nrly 3 yet shes the height of a 5 year old, but she is not big, shes all in proportion. Shes on a healthy diet...yet people still say to me, ooo what do you feed her and it pisses me off to be frank! For snacks she not allowed anything but fruit and veg and at meal times she eats healthy. Sometimes she has a lolly for after dinner treat or a packet of crisps with her sandwiche at lunch...but whats the harm in that.
I think mums with bigger babies and who are bigger themselves tend to be looked down on and that really annoys me. Im a good mum yet people say things to me. (as if its any of their business anyway)
Sorry, but thats my rant!

it was a crazy show, they did something to one of the babys necks whilst trying to get her out and she couldnt move her head properly!!

id never feed a one year old an entire bag of chip shop chips i think thats awful, surly these women know that their size has had an impact on their babys and they'd work their arse's off to ensure that it doesn't happen with the next generation?!

i just cant get over the things they were feeding their babys, yes babys not older kids mental!

i was a bit baby at just over 10lbs and i was tall people used to ask my mum if she was putting me in grow bags when i was sleeping, then i got to about 13 and stopped growing got really skinny so a fat baby dont alway mean a fat adult.

I watched this with OH and found it really upsetting! I could not believe some of the parents!!

OH seemed very concerned when it showed the woman having her c-section (did look like they were being a bit rough with her!) and then when they showed her the baby OH squealed 'shes awake, oh my god shes been awake through all that'! He thought every woman was put to sleep for a c-section! :dohh: I would like to see more programs like this on tv, if only to try and educate my OH!!

I have got on Sky Plus for OH. I watched and was truly shocked at the junk they were feeding their kids. Having said that I know of people (OH's family members for a start) who bring their kids up on very poor diets and don't realise it's wrong. If the big girls on that show were brought up on a diet of chips themselves (which they may have been although the twins parents looked kinda small eh?) then they won't understand the harm they are doing.
My SIL has a near teenage boy who has a diet of pizza and chicken burgers and they think it's ok. At worst they think it's cos he's a fussy eater! lol
Mind you, my OH has only really started eating veg since being with me! Can you believe that?! I'm still introducing him to new things...his latest conquest has been the mango which he's now mad on. He's 28 and I just find it sad that he's gone so long without all the lovely fruit and veg I grew up with. But I don't blame him....he didn't do th shopping and cooking as a kid!
I've digressed and started my own separate rant so I'll stop there. lol Sorry!

I watched this with OH and found it really upsetting! I could not believe some of the parents!!

OH seemed very concerned when it showed the woman having her c-section (did look like they were being a bit rough with her!) and then when they showed her the baby OH squealed 'shes awake, oh my god shes been awake through all that'! He thought every woman was put to sleep for a c-section! :dohh: I would like to see more programs like this on tv, if only to try and educate my OH!!

:rofl:silly man bless him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->