Britian's Biggest Babies

I watched this with my OH and like you guys, we just couldn't believe it. :huh:

Those twin sisters going on about joe and how they don't want him to be picked on but did you see what they fed him after going swimming!!! I mean really. You'd have to be a total plum not to realise that chips and cake make you fat!

And when they were laughing about the rubber ring he has to use. That's not funny; that's evil! That mother is ruining her childs life! there is no way that poor little sod isn't gonna get picked on unless they take control of his diet. Of course they wont though because that would mean that they would have to do something about themselves. Selfish!

The other woman deserves a medal; three stone I think it was that she'd lost so far and she was monitoring herself during her pregnancy and did the best she could for her child.

Hmm. Spot the difference.

ARGH! Sorry I just get so angry at people who don't look after thier children properly. Hugely judgemental of me I know but there we are.

I didn't catch it all but I saw the bit where the 3 year old was swimming. I thought it was awful that his mum thought it was hilarious that he was too fat for normal sized rubber rings and had to have huge inflatables. And then feeding him chicken nuggets and smiley faces afterwards? I feel sorry for the kid, I bet she's never tried to encourage him to eat healthily. And as for the one year old that was 2 stone... unbelievable! Her mum letting her eat plates of chips from the chippy. Do these people not understand the long term damage this is doing to their children?

I watched it and was shocked! Good on that one woman who didn't put on any weight in her 2nd pregnancy and lost 3 stone after. I noticed her son was a healthy weight too which was good. As for Joe's mum and the little girls mum who fed crap to them, well I couldn't believe it! Especially whe she said her daughter could eat a whole bag of chips to herself!!!!! My daughter is 3 and an half and weighs 2 stone, the same as that one year old!!!! x

I can't watch it because I am in the US - but I see pretty big babies here (I saw a woman buying a bra for her daughter who must have only been a toddler, because of how she was acting and talking and drinking out of a sippy cup - but she looked like an overweight 10 year old in size)

Anyway - it makes me really sad and quite cross too. I know sometimes people don't feel they have choices on diet or just don't understand, but this situation where babies and young children are obese is just all kinds of wrong.

Some babies are naturally big and it isn't to do with theirs or their mother's diet while they were in utero, but there are people who are just stuffing themselves and their babies! :hissy:grrrrr

Damn! :dohh: I missed this :(

Thats my 'pregnant' memory kicking in again as i call it!

So were these babies so large because the mothers never ate healthy?

That was the message they were trying to get accross I think, but it was also about big women being pregnant and the pressure they are putting on the NHS, this makes me quite upset cos I am big, granted I am not as big as the women they shown on this program but I do have a higher BMI than is "normal" and I haven't had any bother being pregnant at all, so havent stressed the NHS so far!
I was the same size when i had my daughter 12 years ago and she was born 2 weeks late and weighed 7lb 9oz not a big baby at all!
I've been really stressing myself out since watching this program! I'd convinced myself the other night that me or my baby were going to have major complications during childbirth and it terrified me :cry:

So not all big women stuff their faces with chips and rubbish is the point I'm trying to get across I think! :blush:
I'm rammbling on now arent i!
Sorry :blush:

aw hun dont get upset by the programme!!!

one woman was so big she didnt even know she was preg!!!
As long as your MW is happy dont let the programme get to you!!! The media love making moral panics!! They strive for a reaction!!!

You will be just fine... Im sure :)

That was the message they were trying to get accross I think, but it was also about big women being pregnant and the pressure they are putting on the NHS

I didn't really get that from the program, but wasn't one of the hospitals private?

I didn't really get that from the program, but wasn't one of the hospitals private?

I'm not sure, but there was a bit about the pressures it is putting on hospitals and how reinforced beds are now standard and the extra care that overwieght women need

the hospital that only dealt with women over 30 stone was private....
... but there was a def abit about a strain on the NHS!!!

me and my oh just watched it i couldnt believe it, it make me worried but i dont know why i'm not big at all but just watching it makes you worried

I didn't catch it all but I saw the bit where the 3 year old was swimming. I thought it was awful that his mum thought it was hilarious that he was too fat for normal sized rubber rings and had to have huge inflatables. And then feeding him chicken nuggets and smiley faces afterwards? I feel sorry for the kid, I bet she's never tried to encourage him to eat healthily. And as for the one year old that was 2 stone... unbelievable! Her mum letting her eat plates of chips from the chippy. Do these people not understand the long term damage this is doing to their children?

I saw it and was disgusted by the attitudes of a couple of the women in it, like the one who was feeding her one year old chips and the one mentioned above. Surely this counts as child abuse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->