"British soldiers burn in hell"

Misswaiting; children are not supposed to fast and up to the age of 7 they are not really supposed to try and attempt it; between 7 and 10 they can try fasting maybe for a few hours; or go without sweets and treats but its obligatory from the age of 10. Of course, as for adults if there are any medical reasons why an older child or teenager cannot fast then they should not do it and the parents should pay some charity on the child's behalf.

indy I am a Muslim; there is optional fasting (some scholars believe it to be close to obligatory) for at least the two days before this Eid; the majority of scholars saying that fasting the first 9 or 10 days of the month up to the Eid is highly recommended. There are several Islamic months where fasting is highly recommended, or obligatory according to some jurists.

Abu Hurairah relates that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "There are no days more loved to Allaah for you to worship Him therein than the ten days of Dhul Hijja. Fasting any day during it is equivalent to fasting one year and to offer salatul tahajjud (late-night prayer) during one of its nights is like performing the late night prayer on the night of power. [i.e., Lailatul Qadr]." [This is related by at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and al-Baihaqi]

Hafsah reported, "There are five things that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) never abandoned: fasting the day of 'Ashurah, fasting the [first] 10 [days of Dhul-Hijjah], fasting 3 days of every month and praying two rak'ah before the dawn prayer." [This is related by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i]

This is in Sunni Islam but I know shias have similar beliefs.

Thanks. The vast majority (or all!) of our families at school don't fast at this time. They are the ones who help us get our facts!

My opinion? Religion causes a lot of drama, violence, intolerant ideals.

This is why I am not religious. Oh my, and the radicals are disgusting.

In the USA some radical Christians protest gay soldier's funerals with some of the most horrid signs, basically stating how happy they are about, "dead gay soldiers".

Look at all the BS that occurs over something as subjective as religion.

In the USA some radical Christians protest gay soldier's funerals with some of the most horrid signs, basically stating how happy they are about, "dead gay soldiers".

Yep they are the 'westboro baptist church'; bunch of nutters. I think sometimes they believe even they are going to hell thats how hateful they are. I respect your opinion but to be honest; this can occur in any strong belief system, including atheism, communism, neo-conservatism etc. You'll always get those people who believe they are right to such an extent that they want to trample on the rights and feelings of others

Yep they are the 'westboro baptist church'; bunch of nutters. I think sometimes they believe even they are going to hell thats how hateful they are. I respect your opinion but to be honest; this can occur in any strong belief system, including atheism, communism, neo-conservatism etc. You'll always get those people who believe they are right to such an extent that they want to trample on the rights and feelings of others

Oh I know. I actually consider atheism a religion in a way. I don't believe in any specific god but because I cannot disprove a god I can't call myself an atheist.
I'm agnostic, I can't prove or disprove any gods.
I respect most religions BUT never the radical ideals, never HATE and intolerance that can come from a result. Peaceful worship (or lack of for non-religious) is what it should be about.
It's scary how many people are so racist/intolerant because of religion and categorizing people w/it. Sick and twisted.

Thanks. The vast majority (or all!) of our families at school don't fast at this time. They are the ones who help us get our facts!

There are a lot of Muslims in the UK who are very cultural or they follow sects that have slightly different practices and beliefs. So thats where you'll find differences; however considering what these extremists claim to follow, my point was they are not practicing it. Its upsetting because they dress a certain way and use Arabic terminology that would give some the impression they are strongly practicing Muslims; yet this is not the case. They have a very poor grasp of Arabic, one example is one of their various names/guises was 'Al Ghurabaa' which they were telling the press means 'the saviour [sic] sect', Al Ghurabaa actually means 'The Strangers' and comes from an Islamic saying 'be in this world as if you were a stranger' ie don't get attached too much to worldly posessions and worries. The term for saved sect is firqat un najiyah'. Lately they don't even bother with Arabic names because they don't understand them hence their latest guises being 'Muslimsagainstcrusades' and 'Islam4UK', they also made a group called 'shariah4belgium' I don't know why that makes me laugh but it did seems the poor Belgians have to lump these idiots as well...

The muslim extremists need to get out. Not all muslims as all arnt alike. I think people know not to tar with same brush.

You should see some of the facebook groups. One guy said that all Muslims in this country should be lined up at shot, starting with women and children and like 20 people agreed. Its so depressing.

thats goes with the whole freedom of speach thing, there just airing their angers and ok thats extreme but their just using their right to freedom of speach. I think sooo many people are angry with what these people have been allowed to get away with of course there are going to be a lot of hate groups made, as someone said online somewhere today, if we did that there we would be shot.. If we speak abotu hate agaisnt muslims we are racists yet when they do this its perfectly fine :nope:

I didn't say they shouldn't be allowed to say it, I'm saying its disgusting that they did. Who do you mean by 'they'? If a bunch of Christians stood outside a Mosque spouting hate they wouldn't be arrested either, I don't get why people think that Muslims have more rights in this country, its simply not true.

But do they stand outside mosques shouting abuse? If they do its very rare. Do we have a abu hamza (whatever his name is) standing in the middle of a packed area spouting hate and every oppourtunity he gets to open his trap??

Nick Griffin

The muslim extremists need to get out. Not all muslims as all arnt alike. I think people know not to tar with same brush.

You should see some of the facebook groups. One guy said that all Muslims in this country should be lined up at shot, starting with women and children and like 20 people agreed. Its so depressing.

thats goes with the whole freedom of speach thing, there just airing their angers and ok thats extreme but their just using their right to freedom of speach. I think sooo many people are angry with what these people have been allowed to get away with of course there are going to be a lot of hate groups made, as someone said online somewhere today, if we did that there we would be shot.. If we speak abotu hate agaisnt muslims we are racists yet when they do this its perfectly fine :nope:

I didn't say they shouldn't be allowed to say it, I'm saying its disgusting that they did. Who do you mean by 'they'? If a bunch of Christians stood outside a Mosque spouting hate they wouldn't be arrested either, I don't get why people think that Muslims have more rights in this country, its simply not true.

Unfortunately this is not true. The christians WOULD BE ARRESTED.. for inciting racism.

In this country, the racism law carries far too much water.. the christians ARE NOT ALLOWED to get away with AS much as these MUSLIM EXTREMISTS WOULD GET AWAY WITH.
.. and.. unfortunately its all because of the weight of the RACISM LAW.

Racism and hence racism law is about RACE NOT RELIGION :dohh:

Gosh some real ignorant idiots in this thread. I think they have been challenged well though and feel very happy that there are so many decent broad minded people out there. Phew!

This act was appalling. I believe people are entitled to an opinion, however the timing and actions of this were unforgivable and the protestors should be jailed.

I have been shocked at some statements on here, and personally I hate the word 'they' as I hear it used in a derogative manner so much. Of all the people I know, the people who follow Islam are the most peaceful - you can see the happiness their faith gives them and it makes me feel terrible that my friends are now under the spotlight or at the receiving end of some very harsh prejudice.

Maybe there should be a special 'extremist prison' where we'd put these idiots, the BNP, EDL, Westborogh Baptist Church etc. Best punishment for the lot!

It makes me laugh at how many people say 'if I went to live abroad I would live by their culture and rules'. Yes, maybe you would, but just look at how many don't. People in this country are always saying 'people who come to live here should learn to speak English', yet how many Brits who live abroad learn the ;anguage there? My MIL has lived in Spain for over ten years and speaks only a few words of Spanish, the same applies to almost every ex pat she knows out there. My Mum lived in Thailand for years, didn't learn Thai and again, no ex pats she knew out there spoke Thai either. Nor do any of these people follow the traditions of the countries they live in.

As for the protestors. Awful. My husband lost 11 men out of 120 when he was in Afghanistan, countless more injured, several friends are left with young babies, their husband's killed. That anyone could be so insensitive as to behave like this appalls me. However, they do not speak for the majority and in fact, the majority fo the Afghani people in Afghanistan support our troops being out there and actually help them where possible and are employed in British camps.

We are a multi-cultural society. One of the great things about our society, we embrace people of all cultures and races. We allow freedom of speech, we allow people to be different. There are of course, faults with the system, but I wouldn't want to change most of it.

I live in a Muslim multi cultural country, but I didn't see many non-muslim expats "following the country culture". English became the 1st language here, If u dont speak english you can't communicate. Non-muslims r allowed to drink during holly months, they celebrate xmas openly & u can see huge trees in all malls & public places during xmas. During Ramadan non-muslims eat & drink in public. They'r not forced to follow the culture. We respect their beliefs & cultures & we don't get offended if they don't follow ours.

i shall defo have to catch up here i think

iam rather upset today as yesterday was remberance day parade luckly there were no kick offs that i heard of so this group have stayed hidden yesterday but yesterday also announced that a brave hero from my ohs regerment was killed in afghanistan by a explosion :( lads like him are the reason we have remeberance day to show their familes that we are so greatful to soldiers like him from even before ww1 that pay the ultimate price :( i jsut hope that the extermist group will one day see that this is why we march and have our 2 mins of silance to remeber the dead and to show them and their familises that we are greatful and we are proud that they gave their yesterdays for our todays , sorry nearly in tears here so i must go

It always feels a bit like stoking the embers coming in at this late stage but my eyes are watering from reading through this whole thread and I feel obliged to have a little say.

Nasty thing to do. Possibly no worse than some of the attitudes expressed in this thread. I am very glad to see the narrow minded attitudes challenged and thank those Muslims who have added such an interesting dimension to the thread with new information both about this particular group and some religious practices. :D

A few points.
1) Interestingly we don't actually have any constitutional right to free speech in the UK, a common misconception because the US does, but culturally we're not too bad.
2) No-one should be deported for expressing their beliefs or challenging law or culture, no matter how much in bad taste their actions were.
3) We have lots of white racist extremists in the UK and they are gaining ground as the rational thought of the populus is chipped away at by papers like the Mail. Actually there is right wing mania sweeping the EU once again.
4) The Winterfest stuff is an urban myth. It is rolled out in the papers year on year to incite just this sort of 'debate' i.e. mudslinging.
5) Things like Seasons Greetings and X-mas (which no-one ever mentions despite being the most anti-Christian term ever) are donkeys old and are much more about the athiesm that is spreading in Western Christian countries than about inclusion of minority religions.

I really wish the general populus of the UK would begin to develop a little more tolerance and stop defending some mythical British culture that never existed in the first place.

Racism and hence racism law is about RACE NOT RELIGION :dohh:

That's why I mentioned religion causes racism earlier.

A lot of people wrongly stick race and religion together like the poster you were responding too. I hate that and I see/hear it happen ALL the time.

i think its horrible, and the fact they have the cheek to do that here is outrageous! if we did that in there country we would have been shot dead. if they dont like our beliefs they should f**K off back home!

Urgh I'm sorry but I fucking hate this argument. In this country we have freedom of speech and that is something we should be proud of, whether or not I agree with their protest (which by the way I most certainly do not) Im glad that we have the right to do so without being fucking executed! I hate these 30 protesters because they are going to fuel tension between British people and British Muslims, I have seen on facebook people now seem to feel they have an excuse to air their racist, xenophobic feelings against Muslims, some of the things I've read are awful. 30 extremists DO NOT speak for an entire religion.

Unfortunately it feels like THEY get all the freedom of speech they want but when it comes to us, we get naff all!!
I guarantee you, the police wouldn't have been protecting us if we decided to make a protest against them, like they were protecting those who participated in that disgusting "protest"!!
Sadly seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another! Not freedom of speech at all if you ask me, or even if you don't lol! xx

i think its horrible, and the fact they have the cheek to do that here is outrageous! if we did that in there country we would have been shot dead. if they dont like our beliefs they should f**K off back home!

Urgh I'm sorry but I fucking hate this argument. In this country we have freedom of speech and that is something we should be proud of, whether or not I agree with their protest (which by the way I most certainly do not) Im glad that we have the right to do so without being fucking executed! I hate these 30 protesters because they are going to fuel tension between British people and British Muslims, I have seen on facebook people now seem to feel they have an excuse to air their racist, xenophobic feelings against Muslims, some of the things I've read are awful. 30 extremists DO NOT speak for an entire religion.

Unfortunately it feels like THEY get all the freedom of speech they want but when it comes to us, we get naff all!!
I guarantee you, the police wouldn't have been protecting us if we decided to make a protest against them, like they were protecting those who participated in that disgusting "protest"!!
Sadly seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another! Not freedom of speech at all if you ask me, or even if you don't lol! xx

I am sorry but where do you people get this nonsense from? The police regularly provide protection for BNP marches, rallies and conferences where they wax lyrical about extremist Islam and the terrible threat it is. So what evidence do you have to say it's one law for them and another for everyone else?

I am sorry but where do you people get this nonsense from? The police regularly provide protection for BNP marches, rallies and conferences where they wax lyrical about extremist Islam and the terrible threat it is. So what evidence do you have to say it's one law for them and another for everyone else?

OK, we'll test the theory, start a protest against muslims actions and see whose side the police are on there because I guarantee you, any attempt to make a protest about that would result in those people being silenced. But because it's muslim people making a massive song and dance about absolutely everything and doing all they can to be offensive, it's alright! That's my evidence right there. Start a protest yourself, you'd be deemed racist and all things hateful and guaranteed no police protection but when they do it, people get pissed off but yet protect them. Not right in my view! Just my opinion.

OK, we'll test the theory, start a protest against muslims actions and see whose side the police are on there because I guarantee you, any attempt to make a protest about that would result in those people being silenced. But because it's muslim people making a massive song and dance about absolutely everything and doing all they can to be offensive, it's alright! That's my evidence right there. Start a protest yourself, you'd be deemed racist and all things hateful and guaranteed no police protection but when they do it, people get pissed off but yet protect them. Not right in my view! Just my opinion.

But that's what the BNP do. And they get police protection. So can you please explain again what your point is? You can have an opinion but the FACT is that neo nazi demonstrations are protected by the police in this country.

And please clarify if you mean all Muslims or extremists otherwise this will get into very messy territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->