"British soldiers burn in hell"

I think its disgusting what they did and I also think its disgusting that some of these groups on facebook have thousands of members. Its awful! I have nothing against Muslims or any other faith. Just to clarify.

Were the Celtic fan's that did that told to leave the country, or in some cases (not on this thread) was it said that Celtic fan's should all leave the country?

ETA - Just to say this isnt aimed at any one in particular, just trying to get a point across.

Lastly: those who get riled about the halal meat or the nativity plays or santa's grotto or whatever is being threatened. I would say firstly don't believe there's a group of non white people behind it. they never mention anyone being behind it other than white people feeling unnecessarily paranoid. And secondly if YOUR school or your nephews school or whoever is causing a fuss GO DOWN there and tell them to stop being stupid. Then email me and I will write to them with a few other Muslims to say "please stop doing stupid things in some stupid way and then assuming you're doing us a favour because you're not". :flower:

What if those people burning the poppies were White English ...

The whole race thing has gone waaaaay over my head, to me this isnt about that at all, but i think most are missing the point and jumping on the "race wagon"

Yeah, a prime example of this is the Celtic football fans who waved anti-poppy banners at the game last weekend. They were white Scots....

That's really sad. My Grandad fought in WW2 and he was demobbed to Scotland when the war ended.

As it happens, he was born in Scotland but moved to England when he was 3 years old so his family could work in the mines.

So for all outward appearences he was English, lived in England, thought of himself as English and spoke with an English accent.

And he said the Scots in the village he was demobbed to were so kind and appreciative of the soldiers, sailers and airmen who were sent there. If he went to the pub or the shop he didn't have to pay for anything he wanted, it was given gladly as a token of thanks for what he had done in the war. It didn't matter that he was English, they knew how awful the war had been and they were all glad it was over and sorry for those who were lost.

I don't know how it came to such a hatred when there are still people alive who remember that time. :nope:

Lastly: those who get riled about the halal meat or the nativity plays or santa's grotto or whatever is being threatened. I would say firstly don't believe there's a group of non white people behind it. they never mention anyone being behind it other than white people feeling unnecessarily paranoid. And secondly if YOUR school or your nephews school or whoever is causing a fuss GO DOWN there and tell them to stop being stupid. Then email me and I will write to them with a few other Muslims to say "please stop doing stupid things in some stupid way and then assuming you're doing us a favour because you're not". :flower:

As I said my children's old school did the halal meat thing, simply because it was the cheapest option for them nothing to do with any thing else. As school dinners are something like 73p goes to the meal of course they are going to go for cheap.

A big part of the problem IMO is that at the moment whilst most British muslims are not extremists, most British extremists are muslims. Whilst that remains the case, any event like this will always attract comments on race/religion and become controversial.

Personally, I don't care what religion they are, what these people did is 100% wrong and should be punished harshly. If they are 1st generation immigrants, then deportation would be an option seeing as we're on an economy drive. I doubt they are - I've known many immigrants from all other the world, and they are generally extremely careful to keep their heads down and get on with things! If they were born in Britain, they should be arrested and charged as per any other criminal.

I think its disgusting what they did and I also think its disgusting that some of these groups on facebook have thousands of members. Its awful! I have nothing against Muslims or any other faith. Just to clarify.

Your responses to my posts have been on the antagonistic or defensive side. I can understand that I suppose because it's horrible to have people try and corner you or imply that you might be racist which I don't think you are for the record. But considering your posts have been what I consider skewed I am a little disappointed. I'm not your enemy. I'm not here to catch you out. I'm not part of the problem. I hope you see this post as an olive branch and not as a threat. :flower:

A big part of the problem IMO is that at the moment whilst most British muslims are not extremists, most British extremists are muslims.

See I don't think that is particularly true. IMO there are the same or more White Supremacists and Extremist's than there are Muslim extremist's, maybe they are not creating such obvious controversy, maybe it is because it does not suit the media's agenda to report the controversy, either way they are there.

Were the Celtic fan's that did that told to leave the country, or in some cases (not on this thread) was it said that Celtic fan's should all leave the country?

ETA - Just to say this isnt aimed at any one in particular, just trying to get a point across.

Of course they weren't. I've just been having this arguement on fb.

I do think it is disgusting what happened but im not going to get into it :flower:

BUT, some of the statuses i've seen on facebook have actually made me embarrassed to be a White British person! Blatant racism and to be honest that person is lowering their morals completely and are just as bad as the people who burnt that poppy.

It does make me feel quite ill and I do feel sorry for any Muslim at the moment who is being tarred with the same brush. Really not fair at all.

White people are mostly chavs, doesn't mean all of us are though?!

Some British people are VERY small minded when it comes down to these things and it does make me ashamed, which is something I thought would never ever happen. Im very patriotic but there are some individuals in society who bring this country RIGHT down, funnily enough the majority of them are White and British.

Oh and with regards to the daily mail, they truly believe all 'muslim terrorists will eat your children' (as an example of something they would say!)

Your responses to my posts have been on the antagonistic or defensive side. I can understand that I suppose because it's horrible to have people try and corner you or imply that you might be racist which I don't think you are for the record. But considering your posts have been what I consider skewed I am a little disappointed. I'm not your enemy. I'm not here to catch you out. I'm not part of the problem. I hope you see this post as an olive branch and not as a threat. :flower:

Each to their own.

I'm canadian, but I think it's horrible. I don't understand someone saying that kind of thing, if you are so against British soldier, what the HELL are you doing in England??? Sorry, but that's just horrible.

EXACTLY.

Hate it that much, get out of my country.

Don't get me started on how absolutely vile i think this is.

I find it amazing. If we go to another country we are expected to respect their wishes e.g. women covering up. Yet, people think they can come here, say what the like and get away with it. If you are here, respect our traditions. I'm not asking them to join in if they don't agree - but don't be so sick.

The soldiers serve their country. It doesn't mean even one of them believes, but they obey the government. They don't deserve to be spoken of like that - past or present soldiers included.

Another thing I have realised; at the moment it is actually the hajj month/season in Islam; yet this group are out protesting and causing a nuisance when they are supposed to be a) on pilgrimage if possible b)in the mosque if they cannot afford to be on pilgrimage or c)at home reading Qur'an, doing extra night prayers, fasting et al. This doesn't surprise me; they do similar revolting protests in Ramadan (and some are in Muslim areas; against other Muslims) and they are there throughout the prayer times; sometimes they do the call to prayer to make a point but don't actually go and pray and I've come across those in this group who say fasting is 'too hard' for them. I don't know if anyone has seen the film 'four lions' but that psychotic convert character Barry, in it is exactly like those people. He tells people not to go to the mosque ever because they are full of spies and then even talks about bombing the mosque to stir up hatred and racial tensions. Thankfully, unlike in the film; this particular group are full of vile speech but don't have the links to actual terrorists that they claim to have (although usually in a roundabout way, 'my brothers uncles brother in-law met Bin Laden once')

MrsC you are correct; however bear in mind these idiots have no respect for ANY country and their laws, including Muslim countries. Thats one reason why they don't go back to 'their country' because a)they believe in some ways those countries are worse than here; because their rulers are Muslim yet in the eyes of this group they are outside of Islam and b) because they know they will get their arse kicked and lose all their benefits. I do think these people should be imprisoned but put in solitary confinement so they don't influence others with their BS and I am saying this as a practicing Muslim here.

As far as I awlays understood there is no fasting leading up to this Eid, but there is leading up to Eid-ul-Fitr, the most recent Eid occuring after Ramadan. This Eid is a celebration to mark the end of the 'Hajj', a pilgrammage to Mecca that all Muslims have to undertake at least once in their lives. Also it is the story of the Prophet Abraham and his sacrifice to God. That is what we teach at school anyway. Sure someone can tell me if this is wrong.

indy I am a Muslim; there is optional fasting (some scholars believe it to be close to obligatory) for at least the two days before this Eid; the majority of scholars saying that fasting the first 9 or 10 days of the month up to the Eid is highly recommended. There are several Islamic months where fasting is highly recommended, or obligatory according to some jurists.

Abu Hurairah relates that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "There are no days more loved to Allaah for you to worship Him therein than the ten days of Dhul Hijja. Fasting any day during it is equivalent to fasting one year and to offer salatul tahajjud (late-night prayer) during one of its nights is like performing the late night prayer on the night of power. [i.e., Lailatul Qadr]." [This is related by at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and al-Baihaqi]

Hafsah reported, "There are five things that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) never abandoned: fasting the day of 'Ashurah, fasting the [first] 10 [days of Dhul-Hijjah], fasting 3 days of every month and praying two rak'ah before the dawn prayer." [This is related by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i]

This is in Sunni Islam but I know shias have similar beliefs.

I find it amazing. If we go to another country we are expected to respect their wishes e.g. women covering up. Yet, people think they can come here, say what the like and get away with it. If you are here, respect our traditions. I'm not asking them to join in if they don't agree - but don't be so sick.

The soldiers serve their country. It doesn't mean even one of them believes, but they obey the government. They don't deserve to be spoken of like that - past or present soldiers included.

i agree with you there hun none of our soldiers deserve to be spoken to like that alot joined before the war kicked off and alot joined for the job security but as a saying that has been going round on facebook says they signed a blank cheque payable with and up to there life this cheqe is for queen and country , basically these men and woman have no choice but to go to this war even if they dont believe in it its either that or leave the army , the navy or raf and leaveing the forces is no small feat the extremists should be treated as criminals and i say extremists as iam not refering to all muslims iam refering to thoses who protest and burn the poppy and spout hate at our soldiers and veterans

indy I am a Muslim; there is optional fasting (some scholars believe it to be close to obligatory) for at least the two days before this Eid; the majority of scholars saying that fasting the first 9 or 10 days of the month up to the Eid is highly recommended. There are several Islamic months where fasting is highly recommended, or obligatory according to some jurists.

Abu Hurairah relates that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "There are no days more loved to Allaah for you to worship Him therein than the ten days of Dhul Hijja. Fasting any day during it is equivalent to fasting one year and to offer salatul tahajjud (late-night prayer) during one of its nights is like performing the late night prayer on the night of power. [i.e., Lailatul Qadr]." [This is related by at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and al-Baihaqi]

Hafsah reported, "There are five things that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) never abandoned: fasting the day of 'Ashurah, fasting the [first] 10 [days of Dhul-Hijjah], fasting 3 days of every month and praying two rak'ah before the dawn prayer." [This is related by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i]

This is in Sunni Islam but I know shias have similar beliefs.

sorry to ask if this offends its not ment to honest but always wanted to know what happens during fasting with children do they also have to fast or is it only the parents who fast ?

Extremists are not representative of a whole population or group. They are always the minority. Sadly many of the extremists are British born and bred so they are already home and it is their country too.

I have to say that I would hate to live with the suspicion and hatred faced unfairly by many of the British Muslim population.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->