"British soldiers burn in hell"

idk why you're making such a big deal about saying fuck or not harveys mum when you're getting accused of making a statement which could have undertones of racism :shock:

I don't think I have seen a post here where anybody has said "all muslims should go home" and I am very glad about that because I would bet good money everyone in this discussion is in agreement that we don't want that to happen.

What I think has gone wrong on this thread is that everyone is upset about the actions of a small group of people who made a protest in a bad way and as equally upset about a different group of people who reacted to the first groups protest in an equally bad way.

Every single person on this thread seems to be as shocked and upset by both groups bad behaviour but now we are nitpicking over words.

Some of the posts on here have said things along the lines of "if they don't like this custom or this country they should all leave" but I honestly believe they were refering only to the group of people involved in the disruption of the rememberence service and the bad way in which they behaved and not commenting in a racist way against all muslims and I don't think it's fair to jump on someone and say that they are using the words "they" and "all" in a racist way to include every muslim in the country when they have explained that they are only talking about these extremists.

I don't care about anyone elses race, colour or religion, I just want people to behave with decency and dignity. Sadly stupidity and hate are a problem for every country, race and religion in the world because every creed and culture has stupid, intolerant people in it, but I haven't seen anybody here condoning them.

And if I see anyone on my facebook saying anything that does condone any bad behaviour of this sort I am going to report and delete them.

I agree.

The daily mail:

point 2.

The daily mail will get a small incident and turn it into an anti Muslim or anti immigrant bonanza within minutes. Before there's any proof or any evidence.

newspapers HAVE to do this to a degree if they want to sell MANY papers, be easy to read and not want to have hardworking journalists trying to verify every thing ending with long articles which many readers will find boring.

I've worked in the media (admittedly not in the press) but I've seen the horrible side of it. I've seen a producer get ECSTATIC when a horrible scene was filmed because we had access and the cameras were rolling. Lives were in ruins and people's emotions and families were involved. But hey ho! We got the scene and crying was involved. Whoop! :nope: Newspapers sell because of the scandal. How many daily mails are you going to sell with headlines that say "Muslim taxi driver returns lost mobile to young couple before returning home to watch X factor" or "hijaby muslim female likes going out with non muslim friends for a nice lunch and chat about shoes and men" or "muslim randomly stopped says violence is abhorrent and his religion brings him serenity"

Because when its normal stuff its not about being Muslim but when its bad and evil and scary it's the very essence of being Muslim.

The only thing the dailymail does is polarise opinions and I have one of my best friends who I've known for 20 years (most of my life!!!) asking me why the Quran says so and so or why Muslims don't come out against violence. :dohh: It makes me so angry. I'm not any more responsible for these people than you are. I odn't know them. I know MANY Muslims in this country and although there's the odd Uncle who thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy (born of the fact he cant believe Muslims would ever do such a thing) or the very very odd friend of OH's who thinks women are not as capable as men (trust me I killed him in that debate! :smug:) but apart from that not a SINGLE one condones violence, or is against Christmas (no one celebrates it but mostly everyone thinks it's a beautiful time of year with lovely decorations and a magic loveliness etc.) or thinks that non Muslim children should have Halal meat enforced in their schools. It's all rubbish. Who are these people?

I've also worked in Radio. On call in shows they have callers who call again and again and are GUARANTEED to be the ones with ODD points of view and are kept on record for when they need an odd opposing view. I imagine the daily mail have a roladex full of such people. The news is a point of view most of the time.

I hate the dailymail. Whenever I see a post on this forum (news and debates) started by a dialy mail articles I tend to ignore them. I clicked on this one because it is important I do and because the telegraph was the first clicky.

idk why you're making such a big deal about saying fuck or not harveys mum when you're getting accused of making a statement which could have undertones of racism :shock:

She explained that waaaayyy back...
Also, I dont see why people need to swear... Its supposed to be a discussion not a slanging match no matter how they mean the word...

My 'big deal' is that other people said things too!Which no one seems to have mentioned!I admitted and apologised for not wording it correctly,I know what I wanted to say and it came out wrong.

The daily mail:

point 2.

The daily mail will get a small incident and turn it into an anti Muslim or anti immigrant bonanza within minutes. Before there's any proof or any evidence.

newspapers HAVE to do this to a degree if they want to sell MANY papers, be easy to read and not want to have hardworking journalists trying to verify every thing ending with long articles which many readers will find boring.

I've worked in the media (admittedly not in the press) but I've seen the horrible side of it. I've seen a producer get ECSTATIC when a horrible scene was filmed because we had access and the cameras were rolling. Lives were in ruins and people's emotions and families were involved. But hey ho! We got the scene and crying was involved. Whoop! :nope: Newspapers sell because of the scandal. How many daily mails are you going to sell with headlines that say "Muslim taxi driver returns lost mobile to young couple before returning home to watch X factor" or "hijaby muslim female likes going out with non muslim friends for a nice lunch and chat about shoes and men" or "muslim randomly stopped says violence is abhorrent and his religion brings him serenity"

Because when its normal stuff its not about being Muslim but when its bad and evil and scary it's the very essence of being Muslim.

The only thing the dailymail does is polarise opinions and I have one of my best friends who I've known for 20 years (most of my life!!!) asking me why the Quran says so and so or why Muslims don't come out against violence. :dohh: It makes me so angry. I'm not any more responsible for these people than you are. I odn't know them. I know MANY Muslims in this country and although there's the odd Uncle who thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy (born of the fact he cant believe Muslims would ever do such a thing) or the very very odd friend of OH's who thinks women are not as capable as men (trust me I killed him in that debate! :smug:) but apart from that not a SINGLE one condones violence, or is against Christmas (no one celebrates it but mostly everyone thinks it's a beautiful time of year with lovely decorations and a magic loveliness etc.) or thinks that non Muslim children should have Halal meat enforced in their schools. It's all rubbish. Who are these people?

I've also worked in Radio. On call in shows they have callers who call again and again and are GUARANTEED to be the ones with ODD points of view and are kept on record for when they need an odd opposing view. I imagine the daily mail have a roladex full of such people. The news is a point of view most of the time.

I hate the dailymail. Whenever I see a post on this forum (news and debates) started by a dialy mail articles I tend to ignore them. I clicked on this one because it is important I do and because the telegraph was the first clicky.

The dailymail was touched upon pages and pages ago... WE are all in agreement that all tabloids twist things...

Did I say it was OK? Here we go word twisting again. I am saying that nobody has said they all should go home......

Seriously, if they dont like the way we live why would they want to stay here anyway?Its not about all Muslims but you cannot come to another country and bring your ways with you expecting change. We wouldnt be able to go and do the same.....

You're making the assumption they are all immigrants. Do you see how this can be very wrong?

Errm no I am not because I wasnt who posted it. I am saying what has been said by others and I am making my point that nobody has said ALL (and I repeat) ALL muslims should leave this country. I am simply posting what others have said and seeing just how many of you seem to like the argument and not the point.

But whoever said it assumed those burning the poppy were immigrants. Can you perhaps see how that is wrong?

The daily mail:

point 2.

The dailymail was touched upon pages and pages ago... WE are all in agreement that all tabloids twist things...

I'm very happy that this is all you have to say about my post. :shrug:

Did I say it was OK? Here we go word twisting again. I am saying that nobody has said they all should go home......

Seriously, if they dont like the way we live why would they want to stay here anyway?Its not about all Muslims but you cannot come to another country and bring your ways with you expecting change. We wouldnt be able to go and do the same.....

You're making the assumption they are all immigrants. Do you see how this can be very wrong?

Errm no I am not because I wasnt who posted it. I am saying what has been said by others and I am making my point that nobody has said ALL (and I repeat) ALL muslims should leave this country. I am simply posting what others have said and seeing just how many of you seem to like the argument and not the point.

But whoever said it assumed those burning the poppy were immigrants. Can you perhaps see how that is wrong?

Yes. I see. But at the same time dont you think its wrong that a british Muslim is burning a poppy..

point 3.

If Christians did it they'd be slated but Muslims get away with everything.

All I have to say about this is that Abu Hamza went to Jail (and rightly so in my opinion) and Nick Griffin who was being prosecuted at the same time and came on Camera supporting violent acts against minorities went home.
:shrug:

What if those people burning the poppies were White English ...

The whole race thing has gone waaaaay over my head, to me this isnt about that at all, but i think most are missing the point and jumping on the "race wagon"

Yes. I see. But at the same time dont you think its wrong that a british Muslim is burning a poppy..

If you see my FIRST post in this discussion it was about how I came on this thread to say it was wrong (to burn a poppy). :dohh:

Or did you not expect me to think that? :shrug:

Redpoppy (and I hope everyone has noted your name in this particular discussion or seen your defence of the red poppy on the other thread :flower:) I am always really annoyed when I want to quote a news article on here because the first thing to come up on my search engine is always the article published by the Daily Mail and it's not the paper I read. I think they must pay the search engine to have them at the top and bury all the other newspapers way, way back.

It would be a sad day for Britain if you and your family left it and the gain of whatever country you chose to make your home :hugs: :hugs:

My 'big deal' is that other people said things too!Which no one seems to have mentioned!I admitted and apologised for not wording it correctly,I know what I wanted to say and it came out wrong.

No, it wasn't just you but i dont think anyone has implied that it was?

The whole race thing has gone waaaaay over my head, to me this isnt about that at all, but i think most are missing the point and jumping on the "race wagon"

Yeah, a prime example of this is the Celtic football fans who waved anti-poppy banners at the game last weekend. They were white Scots....

I'd want them prosecuting in the same way they have prosecuted the drunks who urinate on the war memorials.

No, it wasn't just you but i dont think anyone has implied that it was?

If you look back it seems other people think It was just me....

It would still be disgusting. Of course.

Yeah, a prime example of this is the Celtic football fans who waved anti-poppy banners at the game last weekend. They were white Scots....

yeah, that was terrible. Should be banned from attending another game EVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->