**** broadband help!!!****

4 boys

Reaction score
I'm on talktalk phone & internet and it's totally crap!!! It keep freezing and soooooo slow !!!
Is anyone on talktalk have same issues ? what would you do?

What Internet do you use and what is best ???

Help I'm going to change ??!!

:wacko::dohh:

We were with sky it was great, we moved to bt so hubby could have a sports channel or something, it was awful! The customer service was absolutely dreadful and the Internet was constantly cutting out. We're going to Virgin now

We used to be with talktalk and had regular issues where the connection would drop. Moved to sky and it has been miles better. Amazing how providers seem to vary. BT charge a lot but I hear a lot of bad stuff about the connection.

We have never had talk talk but tbh I have never heard anything good from them and my oh refuses to go to talk talk IMO sky is one of the best out there

We've only had sky and Virgin, both I'd highly recommend :thumbup:

What are you all roughly paying?? :shrug:

I just wanted bb without phone but when it comes to price I might as well get phone!! Don't want tv?

I'm roughly paying £30 with talktalk, phone & BB. :shrug:

I must be on the same deal as you are with talktalk, I've found it great. I had issues with the internet cutting out so I rang them and they sent a new router and no probs since x

Hmmm I'm not sure as we have broadband, phone line and the whole tv package and it's about £79 a month. Sky sports alone is £25 (out of the total amount) so I don't think it's too bad what we are paying. I think we have the unlimited broadband usage too x

Tally bee-- mmm we had a white router befor it was rubbish and they now sent me a black one supposed to be better but it's just constantly flashing and goes off been trying to ring today but very busy so will keep trying :shrug:

We'll did phone sky they said it'd be £20.40 a month then £25.40 after 12 months..
Does it take long for an engineer to come as they said I'd need a new phone line which is stupid as I have a active line that's going to cost me an extra £20..:shrug:

I just want a good broad band that doesn't keep cutting, all day talktalk have been down it's been like this for months now I've just never looked into changing as I've never done it before.. I need to also sort my gas and electric and compare for a better deal .. There's people that constantly change to get better deals I just nervous about doing it, I'm stupid really :dohh:

Not sure phone line wise, I would ask them why u need the £20 and see what deal you came make as a new cust. My mil just signed up to sky phone and bb and didn't pay any extra (scenarios could b different so don't take full judgement on that)
Engineer coming out u are usually at the mercy of bt open reach. Only bt can sort your phone line out so when it comes to the engineers it is what it is. Mil has an engineer out 9th jan. If it's an active line they shouldn't have to go to your house just go to the exchange and literally flick a switch. Ask sky why thy are chargin you ad if an engineer is coming to your house. If not they shouldn't really *need* to charge you.
Also dot forget to ask talk talk for your mac code. U need that to switch

We are with Sky and we have unlimited broadband, phone with rree evenings and weekends and we pay 25 a month. We dont have sky tv as we just watch freeview. When we joined they said an engineer would come out but we recieved the router in the post wnd set it up ourselves x

We are with Sky, we have unlimited fibre optic broadband, phone with free evenings and weekend calls. It had free installation, we have movies and the full entertainment package it costs £55pm

We have BT infinity. Its very quick and rarely if ever drops out. This is all very surprising as we have so much working from it at anyone time. We have teenage boys who have Xbox's connected to it, its not unusually for them to have pcs connected at the same time. While they're upstairs dh often has his laptop connected, I have my work laptop connected. We often have smart tvs connected and of course all 4 of our mobile phones. This genuinely can be all at the same time!

We'll I took the plunge yesterday we go live on 14 jean they said we don't need a engineer it'll come through post we just plug in and go but they still took the £20 for new line as it wasn't a sky line it was a talktalk line hope I made right choice :thumbup:

We moved from BT to Virgin in September and kept the same phone number. Virgin sorted it all out at their end and took over the phone number and email addresses and we did nothing with BT. We did have to pay an additional 2 weeks broadband to BT due to the contract but that was it.

We pay £22.50 a month at mo for phone, Internet and basic TV package but it goes up to £45 after 6 months. Still less than BT were charging for just phone and Internet.

What will I do with my talktalk email I've got loads in inbox do I keep that address? Will sky give me a new email ?

:shrug::shrug:

Sky will give u a new e mail but u will more the likely still b able to se talk talk e mail too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->