Broody, waiting and scared...

YellowCrayon

My and my gorgeous fiance
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in without saying hello on other threads first, but I've been waiting so long to talk about this, I couldn't stop myself! So here goes...I'm 33, and I'm engaged to a wonderful man. We're getting married in November and I know he wants kids just as much as I do, so that's fantastic.

A while ago, I was having problems with the pill after nearly fifteen years of being on it (lots of breakthrough bleeding and feeling terrible) so I came off of it for six months. We didn't use any other contraception on a "if it happens, it happens" basis. But nothing did. Now, with the wedding so close, I've gone back on it. This is the first month, and I got my period on Saturday. It was extremely light and much more brown in colour than red, which led me to hope that it's implantation bleeding. There's nothing in my pants, just when I wipe. I've been feeling quite nauseous recently - even getting up in the night to throw up - and my period pains have been nothing like they normally are. No stomach cramps, and only cramping back pain that lasts for half an hour or so, then goes away. But my boobs feel and look fine, which people generally seem to be saying is the one thing that nearly all pregnancies have in common. So is it even worth spending the money on a pregnancy test given that I've JUST gone back on the pill, or am I just full of wishful thinking?

EDIT - Just did a test, which came back negative. Even squinting at it and holding it under other lights couldn't make it look even a bit positive. So I guess I'll start a new packet of the pill on Tuesday, and hold out till November when we can start trying. *sigh* Feeling a bit down now. Thanks so much for all your good wishes though... END OF EDIT

I'm so worried that we won't ever have kids. I want them so desperately, but I'm just so scared. My fiance was married to another woman for ten years before me, and even though they never used contraception, she didn't fall pregnant. Two years later after they split, she had a baby with another man. Granted, she had problems with PCOS and fibroids which were only operated on AFTER she split with my fiance, and she was also exceedingly overweight while with my fiance - she lost 70lbs after they split. But in ten years, NOTHING happened. Now we've gone six months without anything happening, I'm truely fearful we might not be able to have children. The thought of never being pregnant just kills me inside. I know the time is not right for us to start trying now, and we should wait until after the wedding, for monetary reasons as much as anything else, but the waiting is appalling. I can't talk about it more with my fiance, as we have agreed and I agree with out decision, but it would be great to chat with other people who are waiting and scared.

Thanks!

Hey hun, welcome to BnB

I'd do a test if I were you. The pill doesn't work properly (if at all?) for the first month you start taking it so it's possible you could still have conceived. However, my first few periods were always strange when I went back on the pill after a break - remember, they're not real periods.

From what I've gathered over the past few months, all pregnancies are different, so your boobs might not be sore yet even if you are pregnant. I'd take the test, that way if the result is positive you can get some folic acid and get things underway with your doctor/midwife, and if it's negative it will prevent you from having a stressful month worrying until your next period turns up!

Good luck chick, whichever outcome you're hoping for - and let us know!
:hug:

Thanks so much! I couldn't resist and I bought a test at lunch time. I justified it on the basis it was on special offer. So I'll let you know how it goes in a few hours...

Fingers crossed!

Ohhh I have my fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

I'm just sitting here drinking ridiculous amounts of liquid so I can pee for ten seconds straight!

Lol I get stage fright every time I'm faced with a stick!

Good luck x Be warned though I took a test in the evening and it was negative and another in the morning which was positive! I know you won't be able to wait but the best time to test is in the morning!!!

But Good luck.... oooo so exciting!! I can't wait to have to buy a test again!

I know I should wait until the morning, but there's no way that's going to happen. I've already drunk waaaaaaaaaay too much today trying to make sure I pee enough! Thanks so much for your advice and good wishes though! I know you're right, I'm just not going to make it!

Lol I get stage fright every time I'm faced with a stick!

Ha! No stage fright for me. I had had so much too drink though!

But :bfn: for me. Sigh. I guess we'll just wait until November when we can "officially" start trying. The waiting is horrific though! I looking forward to starting to try almost more than I am for my wedding.

Ah bless you, bad luck hun! But bear in mind what Sarahhoney said, and you could always take another test if your symptoms did develop! I know what you mean about the waiting... And it's only been a few weeks for me!

BUT, looking on the positive side - you probably didn't really want to give birth a month/few weeks before your wedding! And now you can have a honeymoon, the excitement of preparing to try, the fun of trying(!) and can rest assured that you'll have been taking folic acid/prenatal vits when you do get a :bfp: next Christmas!

So much to look forward to!

Ah bless you, bad luck hun! But bear in mind what Sarahhoney said, and you could always take another test if your symptoms did develop! I know what you mean about the waiting... And it's only been a few weeks for me!

BUT, looking on the positive side - you probably didn't really want to give birth a month/few weeks before your wedding! And now you can have a honeymoon, the excitement of preparing to try, the fun of trying(!) and can rest assured that you'll have been taking folic acid/prenatal vits when you do get a :bfp: next Christmas!

So much to look forward to!

Aw, you've made me smile so much! Thank you! What lovely people there are here! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

And I do have so much to get prepared for - wedding and baby wise! I need to get myself one of those weight loss thingy's you have. I've just started dieting, but I have four stone (eeeeeek!) to lose. Lost 3lbs this week, so doing OK, but I think the ticker might keep me focused if I have to look at it all the time!

Ooooh good luck with the weight loss - you should join in with the 'Slimming for Bump' thread on here.
I'd ideally like to lose three stone, but think that's unrealistic for me atm, so have just started with the goal of one and a half to get down to a healthy BMI. Don't reckon I'll lose much till the weather perks up though - I'm not great with diets, so I just need to exercise more. Much more! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->