Brown discharge? Really scared..

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I don't even know how to explain it. It doesn't really look like blood or spotting and it's not mucousy either it was just there on the toilet paper, once yesterday and once this morning.

It was the tiniest amounts, a couple of tinges like the size of pinheads but I noticed it so now I'm freaking out. It doesn't change the toilet paper from dry to wet that's how scant it is but I'm still worried. I had no bleeding or spotting with my first pregnancy.

No noticeable cramping other than slight af cramps which I know can be normal because I had them with my first pregnancy. I have a bad feeling that I can't shake now.

I have a viability and dating scan on Monday so can't do much more until then but I'm so scared I'm going to go to the toilet and there be proper blood.

Anyone have brown discharge in early pregnancy and it be ok? Or visa versa...

I had bright red blood when I went to the toilet once at about 7 weeks. It turned into brown spotting then went away and everything was fine. It can be normal to spot or bleed as long as it's not accompanied by cramping. Head to the ER for a scan if you're worried! Gl

I had bright red blood when I went to the toilet once at about 7 weeks. It turned into brown spotting then went away and everything was fine. It can be normal to spot or bleed as long as it's not accompanied by cramping. Head to the ER for a scan if you're worried! Gl

Thank you. I wasn't worried at all about anything during my first pregnancy but this pregnancy I'm so petrified of having a miscarriage. I think being on this forum opens your eyes to how common miscarriage is so you think and worry about it a lot more.

I work in a hospital so it's the best place to be if I do start bleeding today!

I'm hoping by the lack of responses that I'm worrying over nothing?
Well, hopefully it's that as opposed to no-one having positive stories after brown spotting.

I am going to remain hopeful that all is ok :thumbup:

I think you're totally fine! Like 99.99999% fine. Don't worry brown spotting is nothing to worry about...they say if its bright red and heavy to worry but you're good.

I think you're totally fine! Like 99.99999% fine. Don't worry brown spotting is nothing to worry about...they say if its bright red and heavy to worry but you're good.

Thank you sweetness. I haven't had any more today and I've been to the toilet roughly 50 times to pee so I am pretty sure it was nothing!

Thanks for the response :hugs:

No problem at all...I know it can be stressful but just try and enjoy it ☺

I had brown and pink yesterday... my Dr didn't seem worried at all said wait and see!!non 2day... wish my son I had a huge bleed at 9 weeks I actually lost 2 litres of blood;I was told I'd lost him... He is now 22 months! !! So it's not always bad... x

I had brown spotting between 6-7.5 weeks. I was scared but it was just implantation bleeding. Everything is fine now! Good luck for your scan :hugs:

I had brown and pink yesterday... my Dr didn't seem worried at all said wait and see!!non 2day... wish my son I had a huge bleed at 9 weeks I actually lost 2 litres of blood;I was told I'd lost him... He is now 22 months! !! So it's not always bad... x

I had brown spotting between 6-7.5 weeks. I was scared but it was just implantation bleeding. Everything is fine now! Good luck for your scan :hugs:

Sounds like implant bleeding x

Thank you thank you thank you girls! I realised I was probably being silly yesterday but I'm so appreciative that I have this forum for reassurance when I need it.

Sopho - um 2L of blood? Wow that is crazy! Did you know the reason for it?

I had some a few days ago. A teeny streak in my underwear 2 days after sex and nothing since. Not sure if it was because of sex or just normal, but obviously given iv had losses in the past i was worried. My bfps are way darker now then they were with previous losses so im being positive. Iv got no negative symptoms at all so no reason to worry. If its stopped and you feel fine you should be fine x

I had this around 6 weeks last pregnancy (couple days of discharge with a bit of brown in it) and just noticed a tad last night. The sparse amount you've described is no cause for concern- a larger amount of blood (more than just coloured mucous) that is red should be investigated, but I think you're fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->