Brown Discharge

VanderBaby

Reaction score
I guess my BFP after 10 years may not end well.....

I just went to the bathroom and wiped and there was brown. I had a strong test line this morning......I'm heartbroken. I am 5 weeks along.

Please don't freak out right now, I had brown spotting from weeks 3-7 even heavy bleeding at week 8 and the baby is still okay! Tons of women spot around the time their period is due and go on to have healthy babies. Call your doctor maybe he or she can get you an early scan to give you peace of mind

Don't give up hope just yet. Brown can mean old blood clearing out of your system. Call your doctor to be on the safe side. Try to relax and not stress until you k ow for sure. Good luck xx

I know it's easier said than done, but there's no need to jump to conclusions.

I had brown discharge twice in the first tri (a few weeks apart) and everything was fine. Just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't get worse or if you don't have any cramps it should be fine. I even had a bit of pink spotting and everything turned out fine. I did get checked out, it was very stressful, but I got a bonus ultrasound.

Have you had sex recently? It could be that your cervix is irritated. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me.

I have cramps yes. My periods are irregular anywhere rom 40-151 days long and my last was Dec 27 so not sure it's around the time it would be due again.
We did have sex yesterday afternoon, gentle and this blood is now more than 24 hours later. Oh man, my heart is sinking.

I had brown discharge twice in the first tri (a few weeks apart) and everything was fine. Just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't get worse or if you don't have any cramps it should be fine. I even had a bit of pink spotting and everything turned out fine. I did get checked out, it was very stressful, but I got a bonus ultrasound.

Have you had sex recently? It could be that your cervix is irritated. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me.

How far along were you?

I have cramps yes. My periods are irregular anywhere rom 40-151 days long and my last was Dec 27 so not sure it's around the time it would be due again.
We did have sex yesterday afternoon, gentle and this blood is now more than 24 hours later. Oh man, my heart is sinking.
Brow blood is old blood that takes a long time to leave the body. So it very well could be from sex.

How far along were you?

The first time I was around 5 and a half weeks, the second time around 10 and a half.

The first time it lasted a few days and I did have some cramping, so I went to the clinic to get my levels checked, then saw my doctor who advised me to go to the hospital... Long story short I got the runaround, and at the hospital they were SURE I was miscarrying, the ER doc (who was actually a resident so I don't think he really knew what he was looking at) told me my cervix was open, and they thought my levels weren't rising fast enough (but by that point they were in the 30,000s so even I knew that they weren't supposed to be doubling)... Anyway, I got a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out ectopic because I was also having one-sided pain. It confirmed a viable intrauterine pregnancy.

It's normal for there to be brown discharge 24 hours after sex... In my case both times it was more like 48 hours afterwards. I think sometimes your cervix takes a little while to heal after something like that.

And I'm pretty sure sex was the reason because we hardly had sex at all in the first tri so the link was pretty clear.

Oh and I should add that the sex was gentle but I had spotting anyway.

I'm now almost at 17 weeks and had a great ultrasound last week.

All is not lost!

How far along were you?

The first time I was around 5 and a half weeks, the second time around 10 and a half.

The first time it lasted a few days and I did have some cramping, so I went to the clinic to get my levels checked, then saw my doctor who advised me to go to the hospital... Long story short I got the runaround, and at the hospital they were SURE I was miscarrying, the ER doc (who was actually a resident so I don't think he really knew what he was looking at) told me my cervix was open, and they thought my levels weren't rising fast enough (but by that point they were in the 30,000s so even I knew that they weren't supposed to be doubling)... Anyway, I got a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out ectopic because I was also having one-sided pain. It confirmed a viable intrauterine pregnancy.

It's normal for there to be brown discharge 24 hours after sex... In my case both times it was more like 48 hours afterwards. I think sometimes your cervix takes a little while to heal after something like that.

And I'm pretty sure sex was the reason because we hardly had sex at all in the first tri so the link was pretty clear.

Thank you for saying that. It was the first time we had sex since conception. I told him no sex during the first trimester but we caved since it had been so long. Should I go to the Dr? I have an ultra sound and blood work Wednesday.

I don't think it's implantation bleeding though. I just read that occurs around the time you get the positive test? Is that wrong? Doesnt HCG get produced AFTER implantation?

It never hurts to get checked out. If you have an appointment Wednesday then I would wait until then unless you start bleeding very heavily.

I also doubt that it's implantation bleeding. It's probably sex, but keep in mind that sometimes first trimester bleeding can be unexplained.

Best of luck xoxo

Oh and I should also add that by the time I went to the hospital and had my levels checked I was six weeks and a bit... So don't necessarily expect your levels to be that high, or to see much on an ultrasound. Your doctor will know what to do.

Oh and I should also add that by the time I went to the hospital and had my levels checked I was six weeks and a bit... So don't necessarily expect your levels to be that high, or to see much on an ultrasound. Your doctor will know what to do.

If I have been doubling every 48 since my last draw my HCG levels should be around 15,000 .....

I'm just taking a deep breath and relaxing.

I had brown spotting weeks 4-6. Mine was likely due to progesterone supplementation but brown spotting does not mean things will end badly. good luck Hun! I'm sure it will be okay.

let us know how your scan goes today Vander. Wishing you all the best.

If I have been doubling every 48 since my last draw my HCG levels should be around 15,000 .....

I'm just taking a deep breath and relaxing.

If I remember correctly, once they get over 10,000 the doubling time slows down. That's what happened to me and it made all of the doctors panic, but it's totally normal. So don't worry if it hasn't doubled.

Good luck and let us know how it goes xoxox

I had brown discharge and just had a scan where we saw baby with heartbeat so not always something bad. They couldnt locate where it was coming from though...good luck!

I had brown spotting with both my first and second pregnancies and they were just fine. I've had it with this one, but I'm only ten weeks along so you never know. I'm sure everything is going to be okay!! I know it's hard not to stress, I always do when I see it, but try to remember a lot of women see spotting and have healthy pregnancies!

I had brown discharge and just had a scan where we saw baby with heartbeat so not always something bad. They couldnt locate where it was coming from though...good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->