Brown spotting - concerned

missrunner81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am looking for advice. I'm 6-7 weeks pregnant but can't be sure due to irregular cycles. I have PCOS and have had trouble conceive ing due to lack of ovulation. However I am over the moon to be pregnant but have been having brown spotting without pain the last couple of days. I have been reading various threads and articles which suggest it could be something or nothing but I guess I feel I want further assessment.

It feels impossible to get anywhere on the phone, including GP appointment. I don't want to go to a+e as I understand the pressures working in the NHS. My signal at work is awful so it makes it very difficult to chat through my concerns in private as the only option is a land line in a busy office, plus the EPU at my local hospital closes at 4pm and I don't finish work until 5pm.

I decided to call in sick this morning after noticing an increase in brown discharge and took a trip up to our EPU. Annoyingly the EPU couldn't see me today but have given me a scan appointment tomorrow am which means I need to call in sick again as I don't want to tell anyone about my pregnancy yet as it's early. I'm just wondering whether I should ring in sick again and go to the scan to get checked out or just sit it out and see what happens?

Any advice would be great fully appreciated

x

Sorry that you're going through this stress. I had two losses this year (both at 6 weeks but I had bright red bleeding with those). With this pregnancy, I started spotting brown blood at 6 weeks. I was prepared for the worst but at my internal scan with EPU everything was fine. It showed a little heartbeat but also a clot nearby. I was told that brown blood is old blood and there's nothing to worry about. They said that my body would either absorb the blood clot or I may experience another bleed, but not to worry. Well, I'm 12 weeks on Friday and (touches wood) haven't had any other bleeding at all. I have my scan on Monday so hopefully it will show that the rest of the clot was absorbed. Best of luck with your scan. Please keep us updated. xx

I had brown spotting at the beginning of 11 weeks. Lasted 2 days and it was not a lot at all. My doctor said its pretty normal. She wasn't concerned about it. Told me if it got worse or was red to go in. It never did and just stopped. I did a lot more activity wise that day than usual so I am thinking that played a big part in it.

Iv had the same lv but mine was more pink. How you got on today? My friend has pcos and you she suffered a lot of miscarriages and now she's 35 weeks with a lil girl. She to had brown blood and hers is fine xx

I also have PCOS and suffer from irregular and anovulatory cycles until I discovered vitex, maca root and raspberry leaf tea. I just started crinone gel as I weaned off the vitex and my progesterone was already low to begin with. I am now in my 6th week and I've had discharge and light spotting from beige to brown to light pink which lasted for a few days last week and two days this week. From what I read, it seems like it is normal and a lot of women experience this during this stage. It is easier said than done, but I try my best to relax after work and just take it easy. If you really need a peace of mind, have your scan. Best of luck to you!

I've had bleeding with my last pregnancy and so far with this one xx it's very common

Hey there! Congratulations on your sticky bean!

I also have PCOS, and what a struggle it has been to conceive. I myself started having brown discharge/spotting at 6 weeks and it lasted 4 days - it wasn't much, a little when I wiped and maybe lasted an hour or two a day...But still, it was enough to terrify me! I'd had a loss early this year and I was dreading another miscarriage.

I had my 8 week scan today and everything's looking perfectly fine. I searched for hours online looking for any information in regards to brown discharge and I find it's very common, especially from the 6-9 week range. I think it's probably a breakthrough period? Like your body is supposed to go through it's process and it's confused by the little thing inside? Or in my case, it could have been old blood from the ultrasound I'd had done the week prior.

If you have red and there's pain, I'd be concerned. I know it's cliche, but try and relax - have faith that the baby is sticking around a little longer. :) Raising your cortisol levels aren't going to help. I wish you all the very best and here's to a happy and healthy nine months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->