Brushing LO's teeth and gums...?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
How often do you do it? I brush Erica's tooth and gums every morning after her first bottle, and before bed as part of her nighttime routine. I figured since this is when I brush my own, it should be ok, but should I be doing it after she has juice, or after she has solids? I dunno what the norm is with this. Any input? Thanks!!!

This is a good thread and I'm interested to see what people answer with. Since starting Valerie on solids, I was wondering if I should start brushing her gums. She does not have any teeth yet...so is it worth it to just do her gums now?

I'd brush her gums still, I've been doing it for a little while, even before her little tooth popped up. Thats just my opinion tho, I'm not sure what the other ladies do. Valerie is getting so big! Shes so cute!!!

Twice a day is enough, as long as the teeth are being brushes properly there is no need to brush more than twice a day not even for adults. I brush Decs morning and night, I also brushed his gums before there was any teeth, dont know why !! But I have to admit sometimes Dec only gets his brushed one a day (and I am a dental nurse) sometimes we just dont have the time in the morning.

Just a quick fact for people with older kids, it is not the amount of sugar your kids eat that will ruin their teeth it is how often they eat it, for example some people think I will give my kid half these sweets now and half later because they think it is better that way BIG NO let them eat them all in one go that way their teeth are only being attacked once.

OK what do you guys use to clean the gums ? anything or just plain water ?

I'd brush her gums still, I've been doing it for a little while, even before her little tooth popped up. Thats just my opinion tho, I'm not sure what the other ladies do. Valerie is getting so big! Shes so cute!!!

Thanks! I know she is getting so big...I can't believe it. I think I will start brushing Val's gums. Does Erica enjoy it when you brush them or get upset?

I use a bit og baking soda on carlee, and she gets her teeth brushed usually when I do, sometimes twice a day sometimes once, However I've noticed lately Carlee LOVES chewing on her toothbrush and "pretend" to clean them on her own

I use baby toothpaste made by Orajel. It is safe to swallow since they dont really grasp the concept of spitting it out yet.

Erica loves when I brush her teeth. She gets excited when she sees me grabbing the toothbrush. I brush gently on her tooth and all over her gums, rinse the brush, go all over her mouth again with just water to kinda rinse. Then I rinse the brush and let her do it herself. She loves doing it on her own. I just make sure I get hers really good before I let her do it herself.

I use a bit og baking soda on carlee, and she gets her teeth brushed usually when I do, sometimes twice a day sometimes once, However I've noticed lately Carlee LOVES chewing on her toothbrush and "pretend" to clean them on her own

Thats pretty much what Erica does. As soon as I'm done cleaning them for her, shes trying to grab the toothbrush with a big grin ready to do it herself lol.

I have finger brush and 'giggles and grins' infant tooth/gum cleaner. We use it on Char every night in her bath. She loves it...since she's teething I'm guessing it feels great rubbing on her gums

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->