Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

Morning ladies xx
I think the sickness is starting to kick in... Yesterday morning after breakfast I had to sit there and really control my breathing to stop myself from being sick, then I felt nauseous on and off all day... I thought it was a one off until this morning the same thing happened...

I'm sitting there feeling rough but DH thinks it's a great sign of pregnancy haha!!!!

lol! That is good Flourish let those hormones take over!!

Lately I have to pee the moment my eyes open in the morning, which is hard for me because I fight it... I love my bed. ha ha. I had a little bit of Nausea this morning but it went away after I drank some water.

5 Weeks today :) :) :)

Dh loves all my symptoms too. He gets so excited even when I'm feeling sick aha.
Awe yay! I'm 7 weeks on Sunday! Though I haven't had a dating scan,just from my last period

Oooh yay 5 weeks hopeful and 7 weeks Amanda :D

I'm 6 weeks this Sunday- that goes by my LMP as well... Although we are booking our private early scan this weekend for 8 weeks so hopefully then I will have a more acurate due date :)

I should be having my dating/viability scan on the 17th, so I'm excited!

I've been really nauseous the past couple days, couple that with extreme exhaustion. The first day, hubby giggled but he still took an amazing step and let me rest all day while he did all the chores, I was so grateful. This morning however..... he was at the toilet right there with me, and he wasn't rubbing my back! Poor man is having sympathy symptoms!

aww Navy!! It is so nice to have that support, last night I had dinner with two of my friends (one is 22 weeks along) - It was so hard not to tell them!! - Anyway when I got home DH had cleaned the kitchen, living room & did laundry...it was a very nice surprise!

The exhaustion is making work really difficult - I find that around 11am I need a nap, so I usually have lunch early, then by 2:30pm I am falling asleep at my desk. We have been going to bed at 8:30-9:30 and I have been waking up between 4-5am wide awake... my body is definitely prepping me for the exhaustion for when Baby H arrives.

My date is also from my LMP - but I was temping and testing monthly so it should be pretty accurate!

Awe that's cute. Dh made dinner last night cause I was so tired!!
He will be helping me clean before we leave for vacation too. I work every night so don't have much time anyways.
Love the supportive men :)

Aww that's so nice of him.

What are you ladies up to for the weekend?

We have my little cousin's third birthday and then a huge family bbq - All of them will wonder why I am not drinking, I am just saying I am on meds and can't drink.

Not got much planned this weekend. We have spent the last few weeks decorating so that we could sell our house... Finally going on the market now so can have a weekend relaxing.

Went out for dinner with friends tonight, they were all drinking but I volunteered myself to be designated driver. I don't think they suspected anything :)

I've still been so tired, its unreal. On the upside, my grandfather came around to this baby A LOT faster then with DS. I want to tell you ladies a story of sorts, its just been on my mind and I'm so emotional lately that just, ugh I need to get it out.

With DS, he wasn't really happy or excited until he was born and we brought him to see him. He's very superstitious and believes that his family line is cursed to have their children die. He didn't want to get excited about it or even come to hospital when they were rushing me into surgery. My grandmother told me later that he was crying on the phone with her (she was at the hospital) and he said that he didn't come because he was afraid that if he were there, they would come out only to say that Magnus and I hadn't made it and that it would tear him apart.

He never wanted children because of his belief in the "curse" as he calls it, because his mother had 5 children and only he survived and he was the youngest. But my grandmother wanted children so badly that he relented. My grandmother had 7 miscarriages, and had one pregnancy end in her going into labor at 7 1/2 months, and sadly, my uncle only survived for a few minutes, my father was born a year later. He also never wanted my father to have children, but when me and my younger brother were born, he loved us from the moment we were born. Then when my father died (only 3 days after my brother was born) I can remember my grandfather wanting me to promise to never have children, I was only 3 years old. He was so distraught. 6 months later, I nearly lost my life in an accident and he thought for sure the "curse" was going to take me too.

When I told him (and the rest of my family) that I may never have children he actually said, "Perhaps its for the best. The [My Maiden Name] family is cursed. All our children die young." I was very angry, but I let it go, I knew he only said that because of the pain he'd gone through in the past and because I knew that for the past 18 years, he'd been expecting my brother and I to die. Come 8 months later when I called everyone up crying to tell them the news, he was actually angry. Later, again my grandmother explained that he was so terrified that I would die because of it. As my pregnancy progressed and got riskier and riskier, he refused to see me sometimes because he didn't want to get attached to the unborn baby. I was the first to call him after my surgery, I told my grandmother not to call him back after the surgery, I wanted to do it. I called from her phone and when he answered he said, "Oh god, [grandmothers name], did they make it? Please tell me they made it." and he was crying. I started crying and he freaked out and I said, "Yes, Papa, we made it." and I held the phone up to DS so he could hear him cry when they pricked his little foot for blood.

When we brought him home, we stopped by their house so he could see him. He looked at him and asked why he was so small, saying he should be bigger. He snatched him up and held him close and said, "Don't you ever leave me. You're my little Papoose." (his nickname for DS, its the Algonquian word for Child as my grandfather is 1/2 Native American. This is also why he is so superstitious.)

As he was holding him I had him sit down and I said, "Papa, you may think that the family name is cursed, but I'm no longer a [Maiden Name], I am a [Married Name] and so is Magnus. He is strong and he has proven that he is here to stay. Just look at him. He was born so early and so small, but already he screams like he knows who he is. He is strong, like his Papa."

It seems that those words really had an effect on my grandfather. He was a little angry and worried at first but now he is happy and cannot wait to meet his newest "Papoose". I never realized that what I had said actually got through to him.

I feel the need to mention, Magnus means "The Great/Great/Greatest" and James, in the non biblical meaning, means "Healer". We named him that because for my husband and I, our son healed so many wounds from our Infertility journey, but when I really thought about it, I realized that he also "healed" my grandfather in a sense.

Sorry about the ramble, I've just been emotional and after talking to my grandfather and hearing how excited he was for this baby it just made me think of everything that had happened. If you actually read all that, Kudos and thank you!

I work and work some more :(

Well my gosh navy lady. That's the most emotional story I've ever heard. I have no words. Just touching!

https://i59.tinypic.com/jgqmg5.jpg

I made these for my parents to tell them!

Navy what a lovely story!!

Amanda love the mugs!!

I had some bleeding thru the night. I truly believe it's from the rough-ish sex dh and I had last night. Prob shouldn't do that again lol. If bleeding continues I'll call the dr. I'm not overly worried but I'm hoping I'm not being stupidly optimistic

image.jpg
Ok so not sure what's going on here. I had that bleeding thru the night two nights ago. I didn't pee from 230am until 1030 am and went I went I had a quarter size clot come out. The rest of the day was brown blood spotting and has since stopped. Yesterday I took another test to see how my line was. It was lighter but I also had only had coffee and peed barely anything so I didn't think much of it. I did a fmu test today after a 10 hour hold (thought my bladder was going to explode) and the test was lighter again. I've read about the hook effect so I decided to dilute my urine and dip another test. The left test is my fmu test and the right is the same urine but diluted. Do you think it's possible to have the hook effect this early?
FYI the simple version for those that don't know, the hook effect is where your levels are so high they cause the test to show lighter and eventually negative but when you dilute the urine the test functions properly

The hook test can happen this early, but if you're passing clots, Litebright, I really suggest seeing a Dr ASAP. Its one thing to spot for a couple hours, its another to clot and continue on more than 6 hours.

Thanks ladies for liking the mugs! Hope my parents enjoy them just as much!
Onto work day 4 of 8.

Litebright that's a little nerve wracking. I'd definitely say tell your doctor about this. But I'm sure the hook effect can happen this early. Clearly it is! Or that other test was wonky.
I'm sure you're perfectly fine, but I'd make a trip to the doc.

It was only the one clot and has been nothing but a little brown spotting since. I'm just going to wait until my scan in two weeks. By the time I could get in to get a couple days of blood done and get the results it'd be about a week out anyways.

Also going to take it easy with dtd. It really was too rough :dohh:

If I were to have more red blood I'll call. But for now I'm feeling ok about everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->