Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

That's exactly why we want the Rock N Play LiteBright!

And that's super scary! I still have a little residual back pain from my spinal right before the c-section but its nothing major.

When I had my c-section, the operating theater was one of the few still around that have the reflective ceilings. They told me not to watch but I did anyway, as I was fascinated honestly. They told DH that they would tell him when to look over and when to come cut the cord, as they were getting ready to pull DSs head out, he thought he heard them tell him to look and so he looked over the curtain and saw them lifting my small intestines out and putting them beside me. He nearly passed out. He went ghost white and looked down and me and I asked what was wrong and he said, "How are you not bothered by that?!" Directly after that, the Dr gave the signal and he looked as they pulled DS free and cut the cord.

I've got some cute bouncers picked too. One looks like yours, navy lady. But it's the ducky version.
1) I think it's super cute
2) my nickname from my dad has always been ducky
So it's draws me in every time!

Ahh litebright those are the stories I'm terrified of!!

Duckies are very unisex to!! So no need to worry if the baby is a boy or girl,you can still get duckies!

Lmao that's actually funny though!

Exactly!! But waiting for gift cards and stuff to buy more. Might be months away, and I might give in. But I'm trying to wait!

I love sticking to specific themes, so the first few months before we know the gender will be dedicated to buying diapers, plain bottles, breast pumps, the crib and other such items and necessities but after we know the gender, onto the fun girly/boyish stuff!!!

That's a good plan. Might do some of that too! Although I don't know much about bottles and whatnot.
We are going to do cloth diapers. Always, personal ally, liked them better. To each their own!

Aw hopefuly I'm glad the DR finally got back to you!!

I think I want to have a natural birth with just my DH there... Not sure if my I want my mum there as well or not.. I'm sure I will decide and think about it closer to the time.

Amandabanana my sister used cloth nappies and it worked so well for her. She is now about to have her 3rd and is using cloth again. I would love to cloth but I have a hard enough time keeping up with all my own washing let alone nappies as well.

What about feeding? Are people playing to bottle or breast?

I think I'm going to try and breast feed, but I know some people can't do it so I'm just not gunna put too much pressure on myself.

How's everyone else's symptoms? I still only really have sore boobs.. I've bought a digital test so that I can use it at the weekend as hopefully it will say 3+ then I know everything is still progressing.

Amanda and Flourish, I used cloth with DS and they were wonderful but at that point we had a MUCH better washer and dryer, the ones we have now are horrendous so I don't feel good about washing a nappy in it and then putting it back on my babys bottom which even our normal clothes have to be washed twice just to feel clean. If we get a better washer by the time Peanut is born, we will go back to the cloth diaper plan.

I actually do a combo, I have extremely large breasts even before pregnancy and my milk drops and I have small babies (DS was barely over 5lbs) and so they practically smother when trying to feed directly from the breast, so I plan to pump every hour and save the milk to put in bottle for the routine feedings like I did with DS.

Here's a photo in DS in one of his first cloth diapers. (Sorry, I know I'm a photo fiend LOL) We used gDiapers btw, a WONDERFUL brand, loved them to death!
https://i.imgur.com/T14QQF6.jpg

I wished I had cloth diapered but it can get expensive and I also don't have the time to keep up with that much laundry. I want to buy diapers ahead of time but I know sometimes certain brands or sensitives don't always work out. I loved swaddlers for DD but if next baby is a boy I've heard typically huggies leak less for boys. So I might just set money aside every month for diapers and then that way I'll have it when we do decide what brand we like best for baby. As for breast pumps, usually you can get them free with health insurance. You just have to call and they'll tell you when you can order your free one. It's sometime around the last month of pregnancy. More than buying stuff, I want to take the next eight months and clear out every extra item we don't use in our house. We don't have tons of clutter, but I hate having pointless stuff!! Let the nesting begin lol

My boobs are sooo sore.

I'd love to be able to breastfeed. Definitely what I'm going for. But Dh is the one staying home with the baby. I'll be going back to school so it works out nicely for him to take the time. More money because I'll only be working once or twice a week at most.
Which means pumping aswell!

I love free stuff! Aha

And cloth diapers might seem pricey at first but they are cheaper in the long run! Definitely more work though as you have to wash them etc.
And I know nothing of how to use them or clean them. So this will be fun for me. Ahah

Thanks ladies I am relieved now that I got the official call.

I also want to try cloth diapers - one of my friends successfully used cloth diapers on her twins, so I will be asking her for advice, etc.

My hope is to breast feed as long as I can - I have larger breasts now at a "DD" and I am hoping that they do not get too much bigger. Of course I know they will grow but I don't want to have a cup size of "H" lol.

I am making a list for DH on all the stuff I want to happen before I am too pregnant around the house like painting and shelves.

Oh! And I had the craziest dream last night - I was full term and when in to have Baby H, I walked in to the hospital laid down - pushed once and HE was here.

Have any of you done the chinese gender predictors with your first children? It is oddly accurate for a bunch of my friends. Or have you tried the wedding band on a string one? or other?

The old wives tale saysthat you'll have the OPPOSITE of the gender you'll dream of LOL

Gender chart was correct for 4/5 of my friends and I. I LOVE old gender predicting wives tales so I actually have been keeping track of the ones I could do as I do them

DS
https://i.imgur.com/gSoIXipl.jpg

Peanut
https://i.imgur.com/WiFeM7Y.jpg

Oh really! I didn't know that about the dreams how exciting!

According to the chinese method its a boy & I my instinct right now is boy - but I don't know why I feel that way.

O wow you have so many! I am definitely going to document all of them :)

As you can see for DS, it was extremely straight forward haha Not so much with Peanut, people keep joking that its twins LOL

Navy lady I forgot to mention how cute your baby pic is!adorable!!

I have a feeling it's a boy too. Maybe it's cause we want a girl so bad! Chinese chart says it'll be a boy. But I haven't tried any other ones!

I have done the Chinese prediction which says girl but that's all that I have find so far. Can't wait to find out.

Are you all going to find out the gender?? I can't decide - I feel like I want to know so I can buy stuff, and if we do find out we are not telling anyone.

We want to know ASAP as well. I don't think I would be able to keep it a secret either... Probably burst with excitement and tell everyone haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->