buddies for ttc and/or health kick/general chit chat

ms sunshine

Reaction score
looking for buddies for the long haul. im 36 trying for no 2. i already have a 3 yo son. Ive been trying for about 14 months. I will be having my bloods done after I o (which is in about a week and a half) to make sure im still working lol. I've previously been told I have a hormonal imbalance/pcos although my ovaries are clear.

anyway about me- i want to aim to loose about 12 lb which isnt a lot but my husband can eat his weight in biscuits and not put weight on so im surrounded by temptation so its not that easy. I used to be very active but my back has a slight bend and i have some nerve damage from the epi so im as active as I can be. i have just ordered a dvd for yoga that helps you conceive, i love yoga anyway so even if it doesnt work i will enjoy it. i take red clover which is a general fertility boost and helped me conceive my son. I had a cp last year whilst taking it, had a break and started taking it 2 cycles ago and i was late by 3 weeks (took a hpt but it was bfn but i got af 2 days later so not sure if it was just a freak cycle or another cp) ive cut out sugar and im making sure i eat a lot healthier eg brocolli leafy greens, and some mediterranean style food. cut out most sugar but i do have a treat of a low cal choccie bar occasionally - i can give up wine but chocolate is my thing. i was doing really well and easter happened, ate a lot of chocolate, af arrived and had my first drink in months. so im back to it, yoga and jillian michaels dvds up until o then its just yoga afterwards (read that sits ups and in general stomach contractions isnt good for ttc). just hoping being healthy improves my chances of bfp

:hi: I'm ttc #3 need to lose weight too but quite a bit more than yourself. I'm 31 next month. it was said in passing that I have ovary cysts when I was having scans for something unrelated to my fertility, not sure how long I've had them but i didn't have difficulty conceiving my daughters so hopefully they won't cause problems this time.

What part of Manchester are you from? I live in greater Manchester (salford).

I have a JillIan Michaels dvd but only tried it for a few days a few years back because it gave me a bad back injury while doing it, so I've kept it for again when I'm a bit fitter before giving it another go. Mine is the '30 day shred' one, which dvd of hers do you have?
I was also concerned about doing any abs exercises while ttc.

Are you charting your temperature, opk's or both? I've just started using opk's this cycle, I'm using clearblue digital ones, just got a flashing :) on it today so suppose to be high fertile now.

Sorry was meant to put I hope all goes well when you have your bloods done. Fx that your healthy eating/healthy lifestyle gives you a :bfp: very soon :dust:

Hi, can I join you? I'm 30 and am getting back to TTC after a MMC in March. (First pregnancy, 3rd cycle bfp) First af since the ERPC is due Thursday, fx.

I'm wanting to get back into yoga and workouts. I have the yoga meltdown by jillian - man it's tough! Think I'm going to start out with a gentler one to build up some strength before I attempt that bad boy again! I also have loads of Davina McCall workouts DVDs which I love. Currently battling with motivation after my MMC but I really want to get back into it.

I'm taking Pregnacare TTC vitamins and debating whether to take evening primrose oil again. I took it the cycle I got my bfp and have about one cycles worth left so I might take it. We also used preseed but I doubt I'll use that again. It probably had nothing to do with the MMC but everything worries you.

I also want to get my diet back on track. Over the past few weeks I've been eating comfort food but I love the clean and lean recipes so want to get back on that. Carbs are my downfall though. I'm not bothered by alcohol or chocolate/cakes but bread and pasta is a whole different game! Good luck ladies! X

ive just started the 30 day shred which im going to do but after o i might drop the abs section. i got this fertility dvd that is ment to open your chakras its quite hippy and i probably wouldnt have got it as i thought it was yoga but its mainly meditations and a bit of yoga but you know what i am soooooo chilled out apparently it works for the people who go to her classes so worth a shot. i think my stress levels are high as we are thinking of moving and my dad died a yr and a half ago so ive struggled but ive been determined this year to move on.

i used to live in wythenshawe round the corner from the hospital on newall green but we ended up moving when my son was 3 months old to winsford in cheshire (just not updated it on here though most ppl prob dont know where winsford is lol)

oh i hear you about pasta ive swopped to wholemeal which seems more filling than the normal stuff.

i was doing the jilliam m no more troubled zone but i nearly died. i used to struggle with that one even before i was pg. i love davinas too and i have a few of the celebrity ones, i want kym marshs new dvd, but im doing the one who was in brookside the blonde forgot her name

oh thanks about the bloods should be in a week and a half i od early last cycle so not entirely sure when its going to happen.

sorry to hear about you mc mrs unicorn. i know what you mean i stopped taking red clover when i had my cp and i know it wasnt to do with that as it helped me conceive my son but just wanst taking chances (thought im taking it again now)

well fingers crossed for us all this cycle. jessicas mum how are you whats your dpo now? any symptoms?

Hey!! I'd love to join you ladies! I'm 26 and TTC #3. My first cycle of the pill has just finished and it was 34days. I'm trying to keep on top of my health because I have PCOS, coeliacs and Graves' disease. I've really slacked off recently but determined to get back on track! Fitness wise I've managed to do something every day for the past 5 days. Today being the lease active but still hit my 10,000 steps a day goal! Need to get back on top of my food! Might need to toss the billion Easter eggs we still have left!

Sorry mrs unicorn for your loss, sending you loads of baby :dust: for your sticky bean.

I'm not too far from wythemshawe, I'm in Irlam. Yes heard of Winsford but not familiar with it really. I'm orginally from Warrington.

I'm on cd22 and got my positive opk Sunday morning so only either Monday or Tuesday I ovulated but I'm guessing it was Monday, I'm going to hold off with pregnancy tests until 20th I think until I'm late.

I think I'm going to have to do some hunting for a nice easy start exercise dvd.
What home exercise equipment do you ladies have at home? I've not got much, just a exercise bike, abs frame and a air walker which is a bit rickety. I would really like to get an treadmill but they are so expensive, I think this would be good for my husband also because he suffers with arthritis and struggles a bit at the moment.

Oh I know easter eggs are the devil to avoid :blush:

I had a treadmill... ended up a place id put my coats lol sold it in the end as we moved here and didnt have the room. My dog used to love going on it though hes crazy lol i have dumb bells 2lb. Resistance bands and one of those stretchy rowers. Might sound crazy i want a mini trampoline. My friend had one and bounced for 20 mins a day to music and lost loads of weight. My son whos 3 has a small trampoline and he would love to bounce together he would think that quite funny.

Have you ever tried yogalates. Its by louise soloman they are on amazon some are 2 quid they arent cardio but you do really feel it and really helps my back. Apparently the one i do if you do every day you see results in a month but not got that far i only did it last cycle until i od then easter happened lol but my legs muscles have developed. Im going between jillian and that at the mo.

Hi wudluvabub. Ive tried to change my diet for my pcos its not easy as ive got a fussy 3 yo and husband. Though when it comes to veg think my hubbys worse lol

Well im weighing myself tomorrow just hope im back to my pre easter weight have been good all week. And worked out is one way or the other every day.

That's the yoga DVD I have - the dynamic weight loss one. I like it, it's gentle ish isn't it. Probably good for strength and tone but I doubt I'd lose much weight with it.

I don't have any equipment really. Just a yoga mat and weights. They say when trying to lose weight it's 80% what you eat 20% exercise, then to maintain switch it round. I've not been good this week but af is due tomorrow (hopefully) so that should give me a kick up the backside!

My eldest daughter has a trampoline but I'd be too embarrassed to use it :blush:

Thanks, I've had a quick look at the dvds, I'll have a look on YouTube for a video of one's I think before I buy any dvd, I'm a bit of a skinflint :haha:
I was just looking on a site about yoga and pregnancy and they were saying best to leave doing any until your 14 weeks, I'm not sure what your views are on this, I'm obviously a complete beginner so I'm not sure :shrug:

As soon as I get my bfp I'll either not be doing anything but walking or I'll do the preggo yoga dvds I have. It's not recommended to do non-preggo yoga before 14 weeks though. Chances are, since I had a mc, I'll be super paranoid about everything and anything and stay in bed :dohh:

I didnt realise that tbh though i was thinking you feel it in your core and they say you shouldnt do abs work in early pregnancy so i just stopped when i got to the 2 ww. Glad you mentioned it i didnt get to do any lat day or 2 as seeing if we are moving was going to do it tomorrow and i think i am oing soon ok nearly pos and got ewcm. Its weird i od 4 days early last cycle and this is a while week early. Must be the red clover blossom. This cycle im eating a walnut for the first 5 days after o apparently it can help with implanting

As soon as I get my bfp I'll either not be doing anything but walking or I'll do the preggo yoga dvds I have. It's not recommended to do non-preggo yoga before 14 weeks though. Chances are, since I had a mc, I'll be super paranoid about everything and anything and stay in bed :dohh:

:hugs: you're bound to be cautious only natural.

I didnt realise that tbh though i was thinking you feel it in your core and they say you shouldnt do abs work in early pregnancy so i just stopped when i got to the 2 ww. Glad you mentioned it i didnt get to do any lat day or 2 as seeing if we are moving was going to do it tomorrow and i think i am oing soon ok nearly pos and got ewcm. Its weird i od 4 days early last cycle and this is a while week early. Must be the red clover blossom. This cycle im eating a walnut for the first 5 days after o apparently it can help with implanting

Good luck for ovulating soon! This 2ww is getting to me already, I'm over thinking things, thinking I might not of ovulated when I thought after I got my Peak on opk.

I got a positive opk Sunday morning (8 am) so I was guessing I ovulated Monday or early Tuesday, so I'd be 4dpo today if it was Monday. I used clearblue digital opk so couldn't test again after peak.

I'm looking for a buddy! Ttc #1. Charts were consistent for 5 months. Then this cycle is so off, can't figure out when I ovulated!

Epv can you share your charts?

Mrs unicorn i know what you mean when i had my cp i had walked pushing a buggy for about 50 mins in heat so i blamed myself and even now if im late im dreading of walking any where. I know its stupid people go the gym when pg but i think id be in the same boat would take me a while to feel confident

Jessicas mum what makes you think you didnt o?

Have to say walnuts are gross and i put them in my weetabix bit down and chipped a tooth... marvellous lol only a tiny bit of filling but seriously ugh. They taste much nicer on walnut whips

Oh epv think i seen your chart on another post is your temps still up whats your dpo now?

I'm just over thinking things I think, because I've heard mixed reviews about the clearblue digital opk's that I've tried for the first time this cycle and I was confused about CM, didn't feel like it dried up quick enough but I suppose I'm overanalysing things that I wasn't paying any attention to before trying to conceive. I just need to learn to be more laid back about it all.

Oh I love walnut whips but hate the walnut even though I eat it any way but pull my face every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->