Buddies - PCOS on Femara/Gonal F/IUI

ekatlove

Reaction score
After several failed attempts at TTC, I am looking for some support - cycle buddies or similar protocol buddies. The whole assisted conception is getting to me a bit.

Background:
I am 34; DH is 42. I have been diagnosed with PCOS years ago. Do not ovulate and do not have AF on my own, so I have been managing PCOS symptoms with BCP. Since I got married 3 years ago and wanted to start TTC, my endo put me on Metformin 1000mg/day to see if it helps my cycle - nothing. Been back on BCP until a few months ago when I finally found a RE to consult and proceed with fertility treatment.

Some TTC History:
Cycle 1 - Femara 5 mg, CD3-7: 3 good follies on right side and 1 on left, but very thin lining. Ovidrel trigger, TI - BPN. CD 35 U/S showed a large cyst on the right. Had to go back to BCP for a month to clear the cyst.
Cycle 2 - Same Femara, this time combined with Estrace to help lining. CD 12 U/S- a lot of small follies & thin lining; CD 15 - same thing. Cycle cancelled. No AF. BPN confirmed by blood work.

Today:
Started a new cycle dry (no AF following last cycle, but U/S confirm I am in a good base line picture). It is my CD 4 on new protocol - combo of Femara 5 mg, CD3-7 and 75iu Gonal F for CD 8-9. U/S scheduled for CD10 to see the progress and decide if I need to continue Gonal F or can trigger and do IUI.

I am cautiously optimistic... Anyone else on similar protocol/cycle?

hi ekatlove, I know this post was from september but if you are still looking for a buddy i'm here! I'm in a similar situation...

Background:
I'm 33, DH is 31. We've had 2 mc's. Doctor believes I have pcos due to not ovulating regularly, low estrogen and progesterone, long LH surge which makes using those opk sticks impossible. We tried one month of clomid days 5-9 unmonitored=bfn. Started seeing an RE and after nothing is seriously wrong with DH or myself, he concluded I have a mild case of pcos. We tried our first IUI the month of october, 50iu of gonal f injectibles for 12 days, then ovidrel trigger. Turns out my LH surge confused the doctors. My progesterone levels indicated I never ovulated so we repeated another trigger and IUI a week later. Still no ovulation! They believe I didnt have any mature eggs, just cysts.

Today:
Starting this friday we are beginning 75 iu of gonal f injectibles. I will go in for bloodwork and ultrasound every 3 days to be closely monitored. I have 31 eggs to work with this cycle, so I'm hoping to see at least one or two mature!

I hope you still check in on this site, it really is an amazing support group! How did you make out last month???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->