Buddy Scheme/list

Great idea guys! Well everybody knows that I'm here for anybody :)

OK, ground rules...

I think you are right about some guidelines. How would you word the rules (because I'm stuck).

Should there be a post title etiquette? I.E: Title must have what type of buddy you want / when you are due and country?

For example:
Text Buddy Wanted - December 2008 - UK
or
Pregnancy Buddy Wanted - 3rd Trimester - USA
(or does country not matter)
and then you can edit your own title when you've found someone.

What information should be in the first post? Personal information should obviously be PM'd when a buddy is chosen.

...all ideas welcome....

What you've said is great Stu :D I like the idea of having the type of buddy, due date and even country (I think it will matter to some people because of time zone differences etc.) and putting it in the title is a great idea, will make it easier I think to keep track of who has and who needs a buddy.

OK, ground rules...

I think you are right about some guidelines. How would you word the rules (because I'm stuck).

Should there be a post title etiquette? I.E: Title must have what type of buddy you want / when you are due and country?

For example:
Text Buddy Wanted - December 2008 - UK
or
Pregnancy Buddy Wanted - 3rd Trimester - USA
(or does country not matter)
and then you can edit your own title when you've found someone.

What information should be in the first post? Personal information should obviously be PM'd when a buddy is chosen.

...all ideas welcome....

Either title sounds good, and I think country is important so people can text and be on the same time zones.

How about in post:

Nickname:
Country/County
Due Date:
How Many Buddies looking for:
What are you looking for in a buddy: (ie different due date, same area, etc)

Oh something to include might be whether you are looking for an MSN or text buddy (not everyone has cell phones!)

Either title sounds good, and I think country is important so people can text and be on the same time zones.

How about in post:

Nickname:
Country/County
Due Date:
How Many Buddies looking for:
What are you looking for in a buddy: (ie different due date, same area, etc)

I like this, a few people already expressed an interest in little teams rather than just pairs. Or we could pair then pair again maybe.

Yeah, for instance I'd want two buddies. One UK and one USA so that if I went into labour at 3am I wouldn't have to disturb by UK buddy!

Should there be a guideline on the max in a team (if you choose a team)? after all some newcomers (or less regular members) might find themselves left out or without a partner because a group due in (for example) December teamed up.

How many is too many?

I would think 3 would be enough per time, 4 at the very most. You make some very good points, don't want anyone to feel left out.

I would really like a buddy, I am in Canada and would like one around the same stage as me.

I would love a little buddy Im due 19th september and live in dorset/somerset boarder

I would love a buddy :hugs: I'm from bedfordshire, due 08/08/08 :happydance:, this is a great idea :hug:

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->