Budgets?

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Are you sticking to yours so far?

Spent half of mine and thats purely on building hire and food, oooops :dohh:

same here. originally we were gonna have a budget of £5,000. but registry office is about £300aprox and venue hire/weding breakfast/evening do/buffet/dj is £3,000. i'm gonna try and stick to it but i cant see it happening. we're not having a honeymoon to save money but might do a lastminute city break.

I will be trying my best to stick to mine and keep costs as low as possible since we are paying for this out of our own savings, i should be ok im usually good a keeping to a budget

We started off with an £8k budget....when we totted it all up we had spent nearly £14k :dohh: - In our defence we had a lot of people promise us stuff and then never actaully appeared so we had to shell out for it all ourselves. We probably could have done it cheaper but it was such a fabulous day, I would not change a thing!!

Enjoy planning your days ladies....I would love to have another go. Maybe in a few years I can talk hubby into a renewal?! :shrug:

We started off with an £8k budget....when we totted it all up we had spent nearly £14k :dohh: - In our defence we had a lot of people promise us stuff and then never actaully appeared so we had to shell out for it all ourselves. We probably could have done it cheaper but it was such a fabulous day, I would not change a thing!!

Enjoy planning your days ladies....I would love to have another go. Maybe in a few years I can talk hubby into a renewal?! :shrug:

Same here! OHs parents offered to pay half the reception and now they're not so thats £2400 we've had to pay!

We did budget very carefully and stuck to it.
I felt that starting off our marriage with wedding-induced debt was something I really wanted to avoid, as did my husband.
We saved lots ahead of time and paid as we went.

budget is £7000- and im sticking to it!!!!

Original budget was £3500, then parents contributed between them with MIL paying half my dress, the suit hire, the cake & stand hire, the centerpieces and my Dad most of the reception costs and the car hire. FIL paid the DJ. We also found we could save more than anticipated and altogether came in at around £7k (probably a bit more actually, I brought most of my accessories straight from my current account without counting them).

The venue we found offered an all inclusive package during the month that we were looking for places. They don't offer them anymore unfortunately. But we got ours for $11,000. Our budget is $13,000 total.

we get:
Food
Specialty drink during cocktail hour
Flowers
Photography (2 photographers)
cake
Linens
chairs
tables
Dj for both the ceremony and reception

All that for 100 people! We just need to find an officiant. My mum is making the groom's cake, and helping with favors and invitations. I got my dress really cheap cause i used to work at the bridal salon that i bought it from.

For us, our budget will have to be quite small, but luckily my parents are paying for registrar, venues and food (£263 for registrar, including fee for giving notice, £250 venue hire for ceremony venue and evening recption venue, and max £1800 food- food prices not released until November-January but max. £25 a head for 50 people at wedding breakfast and £5 a head for 150 people at evening hog roast). OH's mum is making the cake so we don't have that to pay for and she, OH's brother and my brother are going to provide a buffet for the evening to go with the hog roast so we don't have to pay for that either. Dress cost will be minimal-just the cost of the materials- as OH's aunt is making that for us. My mum has asked one of her friends from work who has made wedding stationary in the past to make the invitations and place cards (table plan is made up and framed by venue) for just an invitation to the evening reception so that's cost free to us! We've requested that bridesmaids pay for their own dresses so we don't have that cost to worry about! So far we've spent £110 on a top hat and cane for OH and will be spending a further £90 on a morning coat for him as he doesn't want to hire when he knows he enjoys wearing them and will wear them again and we'll get him a new pair of boots. I think my parents will also help pay for a photographer so all we have to worry about are flowers and decorations really, apart from our outfits! We're looking at roughly £240 for OH, £350 for my dress and shoes, up to £200 for balloons and other decorations and up to £200 for flowers (but we're growing our own for my bouquet, and hopefully the bridesmaids flowers, so we'll only be buying in for venue decoration and buttonholes and we're only having daffodils and tulips so shouldn't be too costly!). So we have a budget of what we have to get personally of roughly £1000!! :happydance: It's still more than what we currently have coming in each month at the moment though!! I love knowing lots of craft-y people and having generous, traditionalist parents!!!

Beca :wave:

Edit: I forgot deck and PA system hire so add on probably another £200 or so to what we have to spend!!

We worked out our budget and have already saved in some areas yay so will reinvest it into other areas :) We have already saved £2000 on what we had assigned to certain areas!

I dont have a budget, i'm not sure if thats a good thing or not, though i'd imagine i cant go over £20,000 since my dad has promised me £10k and my mum just said 'oh i'll just pay for anything over that' :dohh: I dont want to spend much though as its only one day. Though its not such a good thing as i'm just buying anything i want.

tbh i don't no if we have a budget as such, we've got a round figure, but i suppose we shall see :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->