Bugaboo cameleon - awful experience

kkre2845

Reaction score
Hi
Just thought i would share the experience i have had with bugaboo.
I have a 2009 bugaboo cameleon, that i used for my first child and was planning to use for my second child. Anyway, at the start of january the brake cable on it snapped. We took it to the retailer (mothercare) who at first thought we could just get the brake cable replaced. However once they spoke with bugaboo direct they were informed that we would need a new chassis
After a month of being told various conflicting things by bugaboo (one customer service rep even said she would be sending out a replacement cable) and waiting weeks at a time for a response, we have now been informed that we need to pay £250 for a new chassis!

Something I am not willing to do. There is obviously a fault with the brakes. It snapped whilst i was applying it, luckily we were not on an incline near a road otherwise my child who was in it at the time could have been injured. Bugaboo customer service appear to have no concerns for safety and are not even willing to look at why the brake broke. This should not happen with a product that costs in excess of £700!

Needless to say I will not be purchasing a new chassis from them, as i feel the product is dangerous and customer service is absolutely appalling! The company does not seem to have any concerns for safety and are more interested in lining their pockets! They have shown no interest in looking at the broken brake at all.

I would advise people not to waste their money on buying a bugaboo as the quality you get for the money you pay is not worth it.

Have you read this?

https://www.babyandbump.com/reviews/94911-can-anyone-help-broken-bugaboo-bugaboo-dont-want.html

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that thread! Wow! Very sad to see I am not the only person this has happened to! Terrible customer services and clearly a product not built to last :nope:

Hi, have you joined the official bugaboo page on facebook? There are often people from bugaboo head office posting on there or there are details of how to contact them direct? They might be able to help you out? x

Hi, have you joined the official bugaboo page on facebook? There are often people from bugaboo head office posting on there or there are details of how to contact them direct? They might be able to help you out? x

As above.

Sorry to hear you have had issues.I had my original chassis replaced within the warranty as it had a fault with the handle.I contacted them direct and they were really helpfull.

I love my bugaboo and am very pleased with the quality and service I recieved so I would definatly try the Facebook page or ask to speak to a manager at there customer service if it still within warranty.

Are you not still in warranty?

I must say i am extremely happy with my Cameleon, never had any problems and customer services have always been fab.

As above.

Sorry to hear you have had issues.I had my original chassis replaced within the warranty as it had a fault with the handle.I contacted them direct and they were really helpfull.

I love my bugaboo and am very pleased with the quality and service I recieved so I would definatly try the Facebook page or ask to speak to a manager at there customer service if it still within warranty.

Just out of interest did you have to return your chassis then wait to recieve your new one? where you left without a pram whilst this was being sorted interested as i am thinking about spending £900 in the next few weeks but i wouldnt want to be left without a pram if any probs occur. thanks xx

I had a problem with my chassie and after the shop told me that there was no way that my garantie would cover it I contacted Bugaboo directly...after sending them several pictures of the damage and a copy of my recipt I received a new chassie. No problems what so ever.

As above.

Just out of interest did you have to return your chassis then wait to recieve your new one? where you left without a pram whilst this was being sorted interested as i am thinking about spending £900 in the next few weeks but i wouldnt want to be left without a pram if any probs occur. thanks xx

Sorry just seen this!

The did a direct swap,the courier delivered my new one and collected the old one at the same time so I was not without the chassis.All under the warrenty,it was 2nd to none and cannot fault them at all.xx

I love my chameleon. I bought it 2nd hand and its 6 years old and stil going like an old tank. I broke my lever brake 2 weeks after I got it - the button jammed cos I kept using it for heavy shopping. But my grandad fixed it!

Really sorry to hear about that service. Try and contact them direct, mothercare were useless for repairs on something else of mine when the manufacturer replaced it immediately after i had waited 3 weeks and was seething.

If its under warranty ur within your right xxx

We have had an aweful customer service experience with out 2012 Bugaboo Cameleon bought in Australia in 2012. Was Australia's last season SIlver Colour 'exclusive' to Toys/Babies r Us. But I suspect was the 2 year old Neiman Marcus one from the States. Anyway, from broken clips to clicking brakes to the recall for handle we never knew about. Last straw was the toxic odour from the fabric after we washed the fabics. Stunk out the whole small 2 storey town house and the fabrics still semlls to this day. Customer service told us to 'wash it again'. They offered us a refund with all the problems then reneged. Offering only new harness, redesigned carry handle and new fabrics. They said they have never had any other fabric smell complaints (lie) and voluntarily recalled the handle stating no injuries reported (another lie). Never would have though 'Made in China' for a 1000 dollar plus pram. bugaboo Australia thnk they can skir tth eConsumer Protection laws. This pram is not fit for its purpose. I would stay well away from Bugaboo and find something with a Non PVC fabric - all the binders they need to get dyes to stick to non-natural fibres, flame ******ents etc. Disgusting poison. Only thing I loved was the light weight and super smooth glide action and turn circle. I am sure that in years to come there will be further proof of the toxic nature of these fabrics and dyes and chemical coatings. I think they use PVC for the anti-wrinke and hard wearing properties of polyester. I would rather a child with less poisons in their blood stream and an environment less loaded with man made toxins. Shame on Bugaboo Management - think they are God's Gift and treat customers like scum. Grubs to the core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->