Buggy rage!

And this is why I wear my baby unless it's something major. I LOVE my new ring sling!

Star

:rofl:
I hate when ppl stop right in front of you and you have a pram. They're not the most manouverable things!

the biggest thing that annoys me is people in cars parking on drop curbs it makes me so mad if i have to bump jack up the curb and people who parkon the pavement and i have to go in the road to get round them. :hissy: i also find that old people love getting in my way im running umallover x

i had a big buggy rage moment yesterday. I was waiting for a bus in town and one came but had 2 buggies in the buggy bit (only fits 2 on the bus). I looked at the buggies are realised that one had a toddler in it (approx 4ish tho!) and one didn't even have a child in it as they were sat up with their mum at the back of the bus. I looked at the mother (you know, a kind of pleading look) and she just shot me a dirty look. The bus driver shrugged and pulled away :(

Wait 15mins in the freezing cold with a baby who is getting a bit bored of waiting for next bus. Along it comes, looking like there is space for me when I realise there is this woman with a zimmer in it. She starts ranting and raving at the bus driver and the rest of the bus about how she will not move for me.

Finally, bus number 3 arrives, by this time we've been waiting over half an hr and we're able to get on it.

From now on I'm just going to walk (even if the hill does make me feel like I'm going to keel over...)

right im just about to jump on bus to go town i cant be bothered to walk lol n meeting my mate who also has a young baby so wish me luck lol n i will smash ppl with my pram if they get in my way haha

i had a big buggy rage moment yesterday. I was waiting for a bus in town and one came but had 2 buggies in the buggy bit (only fits 2 on the bus). I looked at the buggies are realised that one had a toddler in it (approx 4ish tho!) and one didn't even have a child in it as they were sat up with their mum at the back of the bus. I looked at the mother (you know, a kind of pleading look) and she just shot me a dirty look. The bus driver shrugged and pulled away :(

Wait 15mins in the freezing cold with a baby who is getting a bit bored of waiting for next bus. Along it comes, looking like there is space for me when I realise there is this woman with a zimmer in it. She starts ranting and raving at the bus driver and the rest of the bus about how she will not move for me.

Finally, bus number 3 arrives, by this time we've been waiting over half an hr and we're able to get on it.

From now on I'm just going to walk (even if the hill does make me feel like I'm going to keel over...)

the whole toddler in buggy thing happened to me other day i feel ur pain i was fuming lol

good luck! remember to breathe!

I fear my back may break if I try to carry Alasdair in a sling. He's 15lbs 12oz! Just gonna look up ways of carrying him in the sling now tho....see if there's a better way.

1) buses-the ones i want to get on usually are the old double deckers, meaning put buggy down-hold car seat and bags and so on...too much hassle.

2)lifts-got off metro the other day, went to get into lift when two women push infront of me and get into lift, no space for my buggy...i was fuming. so was the girl next to me with buggy.the lift was full of able bodied youngish people!!

3)when a bus turns up that i can get on-people sit in the buggy bit and wont move!!

I now try and walk if possible and plan days out to the smallest detail, ie is there a lift to use, is there a baby change facility, where to warm up bottle etc etc!

there are so many rude people around here!

Well, I agree with a lot of the comments here.

However, to just give us some hope, I've been out twice and been struggling with the pram and had someone help me.

One man helped me lift it over those little posts so I wouldn't have to go around into the rain. Another man helped me carry the baby in the car seat up some stairs (no escalator or elevator) while my husband had the wheel part of the stroller.

SO while there are a lot of plunkers out there, there's some nice people out there too!!

I've been lucky - the three times I have been on the bus with the pram have been fine - even when I went to get on one which was an old style bus that didn't have the buggy space - the driver & all the passengers in the queue forced me to get on saying it wasn't my fault if I was in the way as there was no space for the pram - so I crammed the pram in the aisle as best as I could & all the passengers who got on at the other stops had to squeeze past:blush: I have to admit that before I had Jack I used to use the lift if there was no stairs in a shop as I have a fear of escalators - it was my worst nightmare come true when I went on the tube in London & got off on a stop that only had two HUGE escalators to go up & down - I bawled my eyes out:blush::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->