Bullies at dance class!

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
A bit of a rant here!

Paige started dancing a few weeks ago, every Friday evening. She absolutely loves it. The class is for 2yrs+ so I assumed it would be 2/3yr olds really...

There are a few older girls (one is 4 1/2 and he other is 5). Paige alwaystries to play with the 4yr old and tries to start conversations with her but the girl just pulls faces and tells her to go away etc. Tonight, they were all sitting on the floor nd the little girl started kicking Paige on the leg. Not big hard kicks, but you know the way kids do that just to annoy someone? I felt terrible! Paige looked at me and I just told her to move away from the girl. Lter, she went to stand beside her in the line and the girl moved away in disgust!

Her dad had dropped her off but wasnt there during the class so nobody said anything to the girl.

Just a rant really... but it best not happen again!

Kids can be so....MEAN! I feel so bad for your little girl. I'd have a chat with those kids.

Aww sorry to hear your little girl was treated like that, how horrible. Id be quite pissed about that!

Is the instructor not 'keeping order'? I would have a quiet chat with the instructor about the girl and maybe ask the instructor to talk to her parents.

First off as a parent of a 41/2 year old she is not being a bully - even though the behaviour is not good and one that the instructor should tell her to stop she is trying to tell Paige she does not want to play. Trust me 4 years old are rapidly learning how to do it nicely but it takes time.

We had a similar problem at ballet where the instructor tried to mix two age groups that should not be mixed 2-3 year olds who have parents there and 4/5 year old who should be dropped off. She should split the groups up so she knows she needs to keep the ones without parents in check as a teacher. Ours rapidly realised that and did a separate toddler class and a 31/2 4+ class. I would discuss it with her as it does not seem fair on anyone in the class

I agree with Quartz...the 4 year old is not being a bully although I agree she's not being very kind to your daughter. A 4 yr old is very aware that they are a 'big' girl or boy and really doesn't automatically want anything to do with 2 yr olds who are 'babies' in their heads. Just because your daughter wants to be with the older kids doesn't mean they have the understanding or maturity yet to be kind and include her.

The teacher really needs to either spilt the class by age or manage the behaviour better.

Aww that's really sad, poor little Paige! My 3 and a half yr old would never do that to another child no matter what age they were. I think you need to have a word with the dance teacher, its annoying though because if she's decided to put those age girls together then she should be keeping an eye on whats going on. How many are in the class? My LO went to a dance class a few months back, she enjoyed it at first but lost interest. There were only about 10 kids tops but ages ranging from 2 to about 10 which I thought at the time was a bit odd as obvs the older girls were taking it seriously and learning the proper steps whilst the little ones were doing well but kind of getting in their way a bit! They were all lovely girls though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->