bumgenius? or bumbles?

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
after looking up i think iv decided these type are best for me, 0-toddler with inserts...i dunno if im definatly making the right choice so i just wanted a bit of info first, firstly has anyone used them and how did you get on with them?? also am i right in beliving you can JUST remove the inserts and wash them if there wet? obviously if there too wet or poo'ed then you'd have too change the whole nappy? or am i totaly wronng!? also is there any kind of alternative? i definatly want the 0-toddler because i wanna try using them for both boys and the inserts thing sounds good (if it works like i think it does!)

EDIT: iv actually jus read about bumbles and think i prefer them! any one?

Hi Hun, I have just started using reusables and bought a set of BG nappies - I've found them really good :) and love them! I place the inserts inside the nappy pocket with a liner on the outside of the pocket (the part that gets flushed) As far as I am aware if you put the inserts in the pockets and baby wets the whole nappy has to be removed and a new nappy put on :wacko: I could be wrong though but thats how I do it :)

Good Luck with your new nappies :D

Yes, you have to change the whole thing each time, not just take the insert out. That said, if LO did a poo 1 minute after the nappy went on, you can bet your life I am popping the poo down the loo and putting the whole nappy back on.

As for alternatives - there are loads of other brands of pocket nappies and a few different types of insert as well. Microfibre (which comes with the BG) isn't the most absorbant, so some people use bamboo or hemp as well or instead of the microfibre, to make them last longer if they've just been weed in. Loads of people only use birth to potty, though some bigger toddlers will be out of some before they are toilet trained, it's a matter of trial and error really.

rigghht well after reading then i think im probably going too with the easy peasy bumble ones, birth - 35lb there https://www.mothercare.com/Easy-Pea...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44532031&mcb=core

these, no insterts right? better fit and you use the wraps top put over the top of them meaning less leakage?

I'm not sure about those bumble nappies tbh. We use BG and they work quite well for us but they do get mixed reviews.

Are you planning on buying a bundle? I'd take caution if I were you and buy a single nappy first to try out or some sites (including me :blush:) will do mixed starter packs so you can have a good range.

I prefer BG's to Bumble's. I dont think Bumbles were that great a fit on Caitlyn, they didn't hold her poops in [she's not BF] and it went onto the wrap :dohh:

BG's were much more absorbant for us and worked so much better! Less bulky too imo.

Blargh! Itti's dont cover Caitlyn's bum :haha: they're so pretty if they DO fit though :rofl:

i've used both.
the bumbles were nice and soft but are really quiet bulky and so require a separate 'sized' wraps. I did try btp wraps and they honestly don't work as good. I didn't like the fact the whole nappy got wet - even the bits around the sides.

BG's love them good sized btp nappy but can be bulky on a heavy wetting newborn, and only the insert area of the nappy gets wet.

had no probs with poos in either of them.

Honestly - i wouldn't bulk buy until you've tried a few different types.

you wont once you've got them :lol: you'll need one of every brand going :lol:

LOL they are super addictive! LOL ... i'd say out of the two BG's but i have NO experience of Bumbles.....:shrug:

Bumgenius!

but agree with Littlestar, dont buy bulk til you've tried both out....

havent tried bumbles, but im afraid i ignored advice at first and bought a stash of bumgenius and pop ins :blush: but i actually really like them both, I just got bored with them and started buying up one of everything else as well :haha:
i do replace the whole bg nappy unless it really is just the top insert that needs changing, but when you wash them they dry super quick. ive never had a leak with either the bg or the pop ins.

well iv got on order a selection of diffrent ones now including BG's ittis and much else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->