Bummed about gender reveal party

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
I'm just writing because I'm a little bummed. We decided we are going to cancel our gender reveal party because we just got the final RSVPs and out of the 20 people we invited, only four can come, and two already know the gender anyway (DH insisted we tell parents right away.). No real point in throwing a whole party to surprise two people, and we save money this way anyway.

Anyone have any fun ideas for a gender reveal picture? We decided to just take a picture and send it out instead. DH and I already know the gender, this was pretty much just to surprise family and friends.

There are tons of fun picture ideas, with balloons you pop or that come out of a box, cupcakes or cake with colored filling. Maybe a dark colored balloon popping with colored glitter coming out?

Since you will be saving money on the party, order some fancy cards with the photo on them, and then you can put one in the baby book too. Taking the photos will be a fun experience for you and the husband.

I'm sure everyone wanted to come, but it's wedding season and tons of people are on vacations...not really the best time to try to schedule something like this.

I too decided to cancel mine. we are going to, I am going to make a cake in the color of the gender, with a matching filling. then frost it in white. It will be an itty bitty cake, and I will have my 15 month DD smash it, revealing the gender. We will record it to show friends and family

Our friend's had one that not a lot of people came to, so instead they hung up a box that was filled with confetti and balloons, when they pulled the string from the bottom of the box, they were showered with pink :)

I'm so sorry that no one really RSVP'd :cry: To be honest, with how many people RSVP'd with ours, I'm shocked we're still going through with it. My sister wanted to do one for us or we'd just be posting something cute (or making everyone else wait until November to know, haha) Pllllllease post your pictures for us to see! :hugs:

We got painted our little boys hands pink and took pics in black and white, put them in my belly and when he took them away revealed pink handprints on my bump :)

https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/9D95E898-B698-42CD-8464-42BF91296687_zpslrzot53d.jpg
Posted the pics in stages on Facebook to reveal to people, parents knew at 16wks but we waited for confirmation at 20wks to tell more people :)

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I ended up nipping out to the craft store and picking up stuff to make an IT'S A GIRL! banner, and last night DH and I posed with it while my MIL took pictures. We emailed them out and put them on FB last night.

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4