Bump Buddies due July 2013 Sydney

Cool 9.30 best of luck!
The nuchal test is the testing of fluids behind ur neck which detects the chances of downe syndrome.
The actual downe syndrome tests involves inserting a needle into the womb which makes the risk or miscarriage greater. DH & i dont want the invasive test.
I will keep my pregnancy regardless of intellectual disability. But it would be good to have an idea of what might be to prepare.

Oh yeah thats baby bump. I need to update that pic. Im size 8/10 and bump is becoming difficult to hide.

haha well you look great there! yeah im a size 12 with a little tummy that ive had forever so i was able to hide it until around 4mths then it was a baby belly hehehe.

oh i know the test now. yeah you dont have to get it done. its your choice. usually they dont encourage you to do that test for down syndrome unless you're high risk category (if a family member has it or if you're pregnant in your 40s). there remember hearing through family friends that someone was told their child had down syndrome (based on the tests) and the woman stressed so much throughout the pregnancy then when baby came out they were perfectly healthy. Imagine if they terminated based on what they were told....

i agree with you, its not like you're gonna terminate your pregnancy if your child has an illness or condition like down syndrome. seems as though people look for all these reasons to only have a "perfect child". that frustrates me. i know a couple that they did an abortion coz the baby had all these problems. if it was meant to survive then God willing, it will. Otherwise it will pass on its own not when you go to a hospital and kill it. That broke my heart. Especially coz they were married and had planned on the pregnancy. I just cant understand how people can do that...
One more sleep until the ultrasound - finally!!!! lol

Hey hun,
I just got back from the u/sound everything went well! YAY!!!!
Saw the little flickering heartbeat 134bpm which the sonographer was very happy with. everything else looked good and bub is measuring correct for the dates
Super awesome! Im so releived now...glad that is over and done with. Now to enjoy the pregnancy that I know is healthy :)

Congrats thats great news.
What is your EDD now?

Dr said that nausea should be decreasing round about now. This morning I felt SO seedy.

I do have a cousin overseas who has downes. I'm leaning more towards not getting the test as I definitely would not abort. The pregnancy, as you say will miscarry if there are chromosonal abnormalities. I've seen a head, body, two arms and legs and a heart. That's all that matters.

Were you able to get a photo of the scan? I bought a baby diary around Xmas time and I've been collecting my scan pics. I accidentally left the 7w scan at the hospital, but I do have a photo on my phone so I can print that off.

Well they said its still the same date 26th August :)
Yeah they gave us a little photo. you cant see things properly but hey on that screen the little heartbeat flickering brought tears to my eyes. I felt a little off just before lunch. ive only eaten now after it went away. i had a banana at around 11am mainly coz i wanted it hehe but then afterwards i dont think it sat well. thankfully i havent thrown up yet
About the downs test I wouldnt increase the chance of miscarriage unless there was an extreme reason to do so. Yeah main thing is bub has a strong heartbeat and is comfortable in there. If there are any issues then you can address them once bub arrives. its not worth the risk

hows packing going?

I never wanted to do the invasive test (needle in tummy). Just the nuchal test which is a blood test and the testing of fluids behind the neck. But even now I'm reluctant to do the non invasive test.

Packing is a drama right now. DH is doing everything himself. He's been loading the trailer and storing boxes at his bro's house (about 1km from our place). However I think the heat has gotten to him. He had a fever last night and has hurt his back. I told him to organise the removalist but he insisted on saving money. Now that it's too close to the moving date (this weekend is the last weekend) we can't get a removalist in time. Men. I'm worried about what will happen this weekend. I'm sure it will work itself out.

I went to get laksa for lunch. It was nice but I won't eat it again lol.
I have been craving anything noodles. I really want to eat seafood as I'd normally have fish 1 to 2 times a week.

Just enquired about a house in Glen Alpine. Hoping for an inspection in the next fortnight.
It's really nice and I'm hoping for a house ASAP so I can start organising a nursery and etc. I saw a TV ad for mybabywarehouse. Theres a big sale.

yeah i saw the ads too. we dont need anything otherwise it would be worth a trip there to start preparing while things are on special. theres one not far from you :)

i thought the test of the fluid behind the babys neck is the one with the needle into your tummy. maybe im mixed up. yeah it all scares me with the risks.

i might not be online much today/tomorrow as we're packing for our little holiday :D i hope all goes well with your move. make sure hubby looks after himself.

we're going away on holidays from thursday so i'll be offline for about a week until we get back. should be nice and relaxing!

You can eat some types of fish just not too much of it. actually i found a pdf online that had the foods you should and shouldnt eat and ones you have to limit yourself. it was my food guide with DS and now im using it again with this pregnancy. you'll find it useful...
https://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/_Documents/consumer_pdf/pregnancy-brochure.pdf

Thanks. Enjoy your holiday and catch up in a week or so.
I wish I was on holidays :)

The hardest part about eating fish is that I wouldnt cook it myself (the raw fish smell makes me queesy). And finding a place that makes the safe fish is a pain. Salmon is ok though.

thanks, im really looking forward to our little family vacation hehehe its our first one as DS has been too young until now. we've got all these activities we have planned and things he'll enjoy too :D
i have avoided cooking fish aswell since the smell is so yuck right now lol
im so organised with packing that everything is done already. mind you we dont leave until tomorrow morning lol...better to be overly prepared than not :)

It's good to be organised :)
Thought I'd message you early while I have a chance.
How was your break and did you enjoy the activities you planned?
Hope MS didn't spoil things.

I can feel myself getting bigger each day. I bought a nice blazer and dress in size 12 at lunchtime. Feels weird as I was just wearing my size 8 dresses in HK early Nov. In a few weeks I will need new undies, bra and shoes lol. I like being a size 12 as the items I bought had only size 12 available :)

I just had a chat with my manager.
He wants to know what my intentions are at work as he'll need to start planning things.
I told him I'm due July and planning to work up until June. And I'm not sure about maternity leave as yet. It will be either 6 months, returning part time and then eventually coming back full time. Or 12 months leave returning full time.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma as it all depends on how much my next loan/mortgage is going to be. My parents are happy to baby sit a few days a week. They prefer me to go back to work to earn money. I played around with numbers a lil while ago and it looks like I will need to go back part time at 6 months to cope with the new mortgage (plus I want to buy a second car soon).

Have you had a chance to think about this sort of thing as yet? You will have two lil ones soon.

hey hun
back from holidays so thought i'd come on and say hello
was great to have the break from reality although was definately long enough and we're all glad to be home :)
how have you been? hope you're enjoying your pregnancy!
i had nausea a couple of times while we were away otherwise have been feeling great hehe
we've started telling family now so they're all getting excited for us
what about you?
havent thought too much about maternity leave just yet. i'll tell my boss when im 12wks pregnant but i think i'll go back part time like i did after having our son. he was 8mths when i went back originally just doing 20hrs per week. at least with my current job i am set up to work from home so maybe one day a week i could get paid to work from home and one or two days in the office. i tried being the stay home mum completely but it just wasnt for me.... although with 2 kids i might experience it differently

Glad you enjoyed ur holiday with minimal sickness.
Im 13 weeks today. Feeling nauseated still but its not as strong as before.
I just ate a cheeseburger lol.

Id love to be a stay at home mum but cant afford the finer things in life if i stop work.
Maybe after #2 i will find local work. It would be nice to make my 10 yrs @ my current job.
I did have remote access up until last March due to a merger. Now our server has changed. My supervisor is 63 and i have been training up for her job when she would retire. But with the merge they already have a second supervisor so she wont end up being replaced.

I will go back part time after 6 months or so. My mum has agreed to babysit. I already told her Id be trying for #2 at that stage.

I still havent told anyone outside of family. But will do after my next scan. I want a decent pic this time :D

Settlement day is tomorrow & will be officially homeless. Going to some inspections on the weekend.
I will keep my eyes open for a nice place with a room for a nursery.

hope all went well with settlement and your move! now you can enjoy some time at home with your parents before you get back into a mortgage hehehe

local work is so much easier. theres no need to travel to the city or far away especially when you start having a family :)

Hey, all is well. Money is in account & should clear soon. Will be officially debt free soon.
Its nice spending time with the oldies but sux not having my own space.
Its like being a teenager all over again.

Whens ur next drs appt sheduled?

haha yeah just like the teenage years...should be okay for the inbetween stage. you'll be fine :)
i have to go back to the gp and get a referal then just book in with liverpool for my 12wk appointment at the hospital
what about you?
im feeling so tired at the moment. dont remember feeling like that with DS but i guess back then i didnt have to chase a toddler all afternoon ontop of being pregnant lol
i had really bad nausea the other day. somehow a strawberry chupa chup did the trick to make me feel better :D
how are your symptoms going? they should be all just about gone by now

Its good to keep candy or snacks with you to beat the nausea.
My symptoms are still there but not as bad as before.
I gag every morning when i brush my teeth and i am nauseous if i dont eat brekkie, a snack and then lunch @ 12. Ive been needing to pee alot more waking up twice during the night after i just peed before bed. Fatigue is hitting hard in the evening. I cant stay awake after 9.30 or 10. Last night i stayed up til late watching a movie and then browsing for houses online with DH. My eyes feel like theyre hanging out of my head.

My next appointment is Feb 4 at 9am. I will be getting the forms for Liverpool private on that day.

Today is a bit of a milestone for me. 14 weeks. Second Trimester. Yipee :D

lol yeah i cant do late nights anymore either. its exhausting being pregnant!

2nd trimester starts after 12wks although technically 14wks is more accurate to the age of the baby :)

im so proud of you hun *happy dance*

bub is staying strong in there!

i might book into the GP tomorrow to get this referal done. ive heard great things about maternity in liverpool private so you'll be in good hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->