Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Bernie,

Sorry, I completely missed your post earlier today.

Kara is right - DO NOT worry about your weight gain. Not now - now is for looking forward to your baby coming and being the best mum you can possibly be. You can't be a great mum if you are fretting about your waistline. One of those stones is going to come off in the next week or so when you have your baby and another will come off shortly after with the feeding. I can help you with the stubborn bits in 6 months time. We'll all be going through the same thing. PLease don't get upset with yourself - everyone is different. It doesn't make you a worse mum-to-be. It just makes you human :hugs:

I think I told you all about my cousin - she put on nearly 5 stone when pregnant. She had a 10 pound baby. Her baby is 2 weeks old and she has lost 3 stone already!

Liz Hurley put on 4 and a half stone when she had her child - now look at her!

Seriously, don't fret. Just get your mind back on your baby girl and how lucky you are going to be to have her in a few days time. Its so exciting!

I have amused myself this afternoon texting my contacts list with "no baby" and "still no baby" and "Still still no baby'. HA HA HA! I think some people have got the message!

Still nothing in my flamin' pants though!:nope:

Bernie - I missed your post too, I think my earlier post must have crossed over with it. Sorry you're feeling so down about this, hon. Firstly, 3.5 stone isn't a lot to put on during pregnancy. Like others have said, some people can put on 4-5 stone easily and I think the average is about 3 stone. I think like Kara said that you normally lose the first stone immediately after giving birth because one stone of it is baby plus all the fluids etc. I think sometimes the midwives don't think about the impact of what they're saying. I really wouldn't see yourself as a failure, if anything I think it's good you've put this weight on because clearly you've been giving your baby lots of nourishment. It worries me when I read about celebs who only put on about 1.5 stone when pregnant and have these tiny little bumps because I think they're probably not doing their babies any favours. One of my friends just had a baby (about 7 weeks ago) and she put on about 3 stone, she's lost most of it already through taking the baby out and walking the dog and breastfeeding.

Also, remember that we're meant to get emotional easily again in the last bit of pregnancy. This is probably a good sign that your LO is almost ready to make an appearance. Not long to go now and when you hold your little one it will all be worth it. :hugs:

Bernie, your mw should be slapped! Honestly. I've already lost everything I gained... its been 6 days. I'm on the curvy side too, I gained about 20 pounds and its gone. I had TONS of water in my legs hands and face, plus losing 7 pounds of baby and blood and amniotic fluid.... I bet you drop 2 of those stones in the first week.

Kara, wow so sorry about your family.... I have some nut jobs in mine too, and you are right.... just ignore them and cut them off, its best for you and your family.

Vanessa.... keep us posted... fingers crossed for all of you!
Emma you are a rockstar... seriously idk how you do it!

I keep reading your posts, and looking at Zack and thinking my gosh he could still be in there, its very surreal cuz I've never had a baby before 39 weeks, and to think I could still be cooking.... its just a weird thought. I'm very happy to have him in my arms though. Soon we all will have them and we can compare birth stories!

Anyway Zack is finished eating and falling asleep so I'm gonna go try to catch an hour.

Oh and another thought I keep having. Zack is very much like he was on the inside... he didn't kick much, and it was hard.to provoke him to kick... its very much how he is. He gets to sleep and is very tough to wake. He's also very mellow and loves his back rubbed, which I kinda knew since when I rubbed his back in my belly he would stop moving or press against my hand... anyway Just a thought, makes me curious about everyone else's baby's.

AWW - Angie, when I read posts like that it makes me want my little one to be here NOW!!!!! xx

just a quick one - mainly to try to encourage Preethi to come join us on facebook because that's where most of the action is these days!! Can you even set up an email account and facebook account in a different name to avoid any stalker action? We miss you on there - but it's so much easier to catch up!!! There's been some more baby news too - Krissi, Bernie and Waitress have all had their little ones - and it looks like Darling and Pielette are very close!! :happydance:

How's things with you and the lovely Gemma, Preethi? xx

Leeze, that is so thoughtful of you xxxxxxxxxxx

I have created an account after you suggested i do, its Gemma louise on facebook.. can i have all your facebook names to add as friends ? so i can be a part of your little group !!xx

Every time I visit there is so much excitement and news! These babies are all going to start coming over the next few days!!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great (though we need less "weight nazi" mw and coo-coo sibling drama):hugs::hugs::hugs:

B, 3.5 stone is so usual, and it will fall off (esp. since you gained it at the end in edema) no problem. I highly recommend breastfeeding and checking out the paleo eating philosophy afterwards for super healthy, gradual, high nutrient weight loss (try marksdailyapple.com)

Darling - Sorry you have to go through ANY drama at this time. Sane Family members are crazy enough around this time, but troubled ones (aka :wacko:) get really amp-ed up. You and your husband sound like you are making all the right moves to protect yourselves!!! :hugs:

We are having a snow storm and pending power outages here in NY (in October which is a serious WTF weather event), so I might be the only one rooting for little baby to stay put for just a few days so I can have a homebirth and not a rushed delivery at a hospital that I've never even been inside. Fortunately (or not) there is zero evidence that this kid has any interest in ending #occupymommy today, tomorrow or d-day (Halloween)...

I'll b catching up as long as we have power, but I bet all you Brits will be getting zzzzzzzzs.:sleep:

xo Lizzie

Just looked backwards and discovered that there is TONS of exciting news! Congrats to Krissie, Bernie, Waitress (and almost to Pilette and Darling)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->