bump comments - just been called fat .. need to RANT!!

nicksi27

Reaction score
Im so sick of the daily running commentary from the women i work with of how big my bump is :growlmad: Im working up until 36 weeks (currently 34+0) and a lady i work with has just declared in front of everyone 'woww you're fat, you got so fat in the last few days'...i felt mortified. Ive put on 2st and its mostly just a big bump. I feel like ive got to reassure other people that im measuring just normal but shes a big baby but then i think they can go f**k themselves, i dont need to justify the size of my bump when im growing another human! Id be more concerned if i had a tiny bump.

Imagine if we said to someone 'wowww, you got so fat' - they'd probably go mental!!

Theyre just doing my head in ...like earlier today id just practically ran up the 2 sets of stairs at work and was a bit breathless so one of them said 'are you sure its not toxaemia'!! Maternity leave cant come fast enough

Sorry for the rant ....needed to offload that :dohh:

Wow, that's so rude! I don't get overly offended by someone commenting on my bump size but I'd go mad if someone actually called me fat! Being pregnant does not mean you are fat! And even if you have put on weight as well, than it's still incredibly rude to call someone fat! I'm sure your colleague would be terribly offended if you commented on her weight..!

Ignore the idiots, not long left at work for you!

Aww you poor thing! I agree it can be annoying, everyone has been calling me small this time around and a woman on Sunday told me I'm "dinky." :|

I don't understand why people can't just say things like "Wow, you have such a gorgeous bump! You're doing a great job of growing your baby!" if they have to comment at all. I'm lucky I haven't gotten many rude comments, probably because I'm a SAHM and I don't have to deal with catty co-workers all the time.

I'm right there with you. I get told "Sit down, you look like you're going to fall over". Fellow horse people think it's funny to say things like "Oh man! You've dropped! Does that mean we're on foal watch?!"

... I'm well aware that I have a HUGE bump. Trust me. I know. Thanks for reminding me

Could have written this myself! Since when have people lost the ability to keep their rude comments to themselves, seems like society these days have lost all manners.

I would've said "oh wow, I was just thinking the same about you!" And walked away. :haha:

:hugs: to you. I usually correlate the rude comments to jealousy. They must be jealous.

I'm so so so sorry you're dealing with this. But unfortunately I can completely relate.

Every damn time people tell me how HUGE I am and blateltly disrespectful. This pregnancy I finally for my backbone and have been slaying these people.

The most important thing they need to understand is that they are body shaming and that is definitely not ok! If they can't understand that I nit pick at them. They usually get angry and that's good then I tell them it's 2 fold. If they don't like it they shouldn't be saying something. Believe me I've gotten pretty nasty this time around getting people to understand their words are unacceptable.

Good luck!

Story of my life right now! I get comments daily from clients about how enormous my bump is, I don't even want to tell people how far along I am!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->