Bump dropped implies labor in 2-4 weeks???

Sally_D

Reaction score
Does bump 'dropping' imply baby will arrive soon, say in 2-4 weeks?

I think sometimes it can but not always. My friend's bump noticeably dropped a good couple of months before she gave birth. Mine on the other hand didn't drop at all. It was still quite high the day before I went into a labour. I've attached a pic so you can see x

Attachments

• 39+6 weeks.jpg
    39+6 weeks.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
I hope not, I'm nearly 38wks and my bump is still super high. Like, I can't breathe properly because she is in the way high!! I keep waiting for her to drop but she's having none of it!!

I've never known if the bump dropping is a telltale sign, some of my friends say it was and others have said that they stayed high right up until labour.

i hope not! i "dropped" at 32 weeks, according to friends and my doctor. if that were true, i'd have a baby soon. :)

Sometimes they don't stay dropped either, I drop a lot in the morning and she moves up during the day.

I have dropped but no sign off baby yet. At my appointment last week, midwife said she'd be surprised if I made it to my due date. I'm still waiting....! X

I don't think so, my bump dropped by 35 weeks with DS (looking back at my bump photos) and I had him at 42 weeks.

Oh I do not think so. My little one will move up and down and has been since 34 weeks. I think she finally decided to stay lower, but then again, I am overdue

I dropped at about 31 weeks, I was going to ask my midwife today about if it usually indicates anything.

Not necessarily. I dropped at 27 weeks with my previous one and didn't have my baby until 41+3 by induction.

I think sometimes it can but not always. My friend's bump noticeably dropped a good couple of months before she gave birth. Mine on the other hand didn't drop at all. It was still quite high the day before I went into a labour. I've attached a pic so you can see x

I love your pants :)

With DS1 baby started to engage at 34 weeks. Didn't go into labor until almost 42 weeks.

With DS2 he would drop and then pop back out and then drop again and pop back out until labor. This is common with veteran moms.

This is why I dont t think dropping indicates much as far as timing goes. You could drop weeks before edd and still go overdue. You could never drop and go early then experience it during labor. Unfortunately it's just one big guessing game.

Thanks for the responses. Does not seem to be much of an indicator...guess I m just getting more and more impatient by the day n looking for any possible signs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->