Bump Envy, is it just me?

AquaM

Reaction score
I realised that since I started ttc, everytime I see a preganant woman I am filled with envy. I mentally try to guess how far along she is and then wonder what I would look like at that size.

Is it just me? Does this mean I'm obsessing? :wacko:

hi , not lol its not just you, i look at a pregnant women and think oh i wonder when i will be, its more excitment than jealousy because you dont know when your going to fall pregnant. The other day i saw a lady and i assume her husband picking their buggy and i did think i wish that was my dh and me

I feel like I'm surrounded by bumps! I'm jealous, but excited for them. I wonder if I'll look that cute and what not. Sometimes I 'accidentally' wander into the maternity department too. Or worse, I buy some of my clothes currently thinking it'll still work with a bump! My only fear is that being so short, I hope I don't gain it everywhere; I just want a basketball-bump!

whenever i see a bump i cant help but feel jealous...then i feel bad for feelinq jealous..

i feel the same! sometimes i even wander to the third trimester forum and look at everyones bumps :blush:

I do feel jealous, but have tried to force myself to think that I don't know her journey, so it could be that she struggled to fall pregnant too. But yes, bumps are hard to ignore when you're TTC!

It isn't just you. I have 3 childhood friends that I have known since I was 4 yrs old. One of them just had their second baby last night. I was sitting down and talking to DH and just started crying hysterically. I realized that all 3 of them each have 1 son and 1 daughter. I couldn't help crying, I am honestly so envious of them. When we were younger we all did that thing girls do and talked about double weddings and waiting to conceive so we could have our babies at the same time and they would grow up to be best friends. Well it has happened for all 3 of them and not me. We all got married within a 2 year time span. We all started trying to conceive around the same time and now they each have little ones a few months and years apart. It hurts so bad sometimes! I just wish the doctors found a problem with DH or me or both so we could fix the problem, at least then we wouldn't spend every month grieving the fact we didn't conceive that month. :hugs: to you!

i have a friend who has had 3 girls in a matter of 6 years and she told me the other day that she felt blessed to not be pregnant now as a break. i wish she would lend me her fertility for a while. at least i finally got AF back. i hope BCP didnt mess me up too bad. it seems so easy for some people. and im not even sure im poppin eggs.

I'm just starting TTC and I feel quite jealous on how my friends can get pregnant like it wasn't a big deal :\ I try to be happy for em, but deep down I wish that could be me.

I feel exactly the same way! 3 of my closest friends got pregnant without even trying the first month off the pill! Or even whilst still on the pill in one case!! Makes me so jealous to think they didn't have any of this stress or worry! Hope we all get our BFP's sooner rather then later!

snap!!! its just because weve done our research and what it so much for ourselves x

Yah I can definitely relate to this, I have seen so many pregnant women around ever since I started TTC, it seems the whole world is getting pregnant except for me :cry: Whenever I see one I secretly make a wish that I would one day look like her too...

This is why I love BnB, this forum is full of amazing ladies all here for a common cause and even when you think you might be going a little insane there's a whole group right behind you to reassure you that either you are not crazy or we are all in this madness together.

:dust: to all the ladies that are ttc

and congratulations all of those with their :bfp: already

:hugs:

I feel like I'm going crazy! There are bumps everywhere!!!!! I just hope that's me sometime soon.... It's so hard not to get jealous but I just think for a lot of those women it must of been a journey to get there!

This is why I love BnB, this forum is full of amazing ladies all here for a common cause and even when you think you might be going a little insane there's a whole group right behind you to reassure you that either you are not crazy or we are all in this madness together.

:dust: to all the ladies that are ttc

and congratulations all of those with their :bfp: already

I know this is the only place I can really relate. and OF COURSE I'm jealous...it makes you think "What makes them more deserving than I?" Of course, it isn't really like that but that thought always crosses my mind. :hugs: Except for this forum, I feel like I can be genuinely happy for girls on here-because if you are on here then you have a certain level of want and NEED for this (BFPs) to happen. you know what I mean?

I do get envious, but as another post-er said it's more excitement and curiosity. I was in the local hospital yesterday and saw 3 mums to be, heading over to the maternity ward. Felt like a mixture of a club I wasn't allowed in yet and the thrill I get leading up to Christmas (well, esp when I was little).

I do get envious, but as another post-er said it's more excitement and curiosity. I was in the local hospital yesterday and saw 3 mums to be, heading over to the maternity ward. Felt like a mixture of a club I wasn't allowed in yet and the thrill I get leading up to Christmas (well, esp when I was little).

This is how I feel! Like it's a club that I haven't been initiated into yet! And yes, it's just like leading up to Christmas!

This is how I feel! Like it's a club that I haven't been initiated into yet! And yes, it's just like leading up to Christmas!

Well it will certainly be the best present any of us could every receive, no matter the time of year.

That's definitely me too! I just had three women get preggers at my job so it's all up in my face everyday. Of course I'm happy for them but it's so frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->