Bump Envy, is it just me?

No definately not just you. But this thread is definately giving myself hope that I am not alone feeling this way. I do get jealous too, when i feel like I am the only one of my entourage not getting preg. Just keeping fingers crossed that I am next.

You're certainly not alone in feeling this way, I get jealous when I see pregnant women on the bus, the train, in the street...it seems like they're everywhere! Or maybe I just notice them more now, 'I see pregnant people'. Just have to keep believeing it will happen for us too one day.

I actually joined this forum today because this is where I'm at. I feel like it's taking forever (11 months TTC) and it's hard not to feel jealous when friends of ours start trying and get pregnant right away. I know it's not the longest journey on here and I feel for each of you. I'm struggling to compose a proper congratulatory email for a friend who just up and decided to TTC and just finished her 1st trimester. I feel like a horrible person being jealous. I'm really happy for them, I really am. I just feel kind of sick right now about it.

I don't know about you guys, but this feeling of failure and doubt seems to be just me- my husband is so uber positive, it's hard to talk about these feelings. He keeps up with the mantra of "when it's right it will happen" and I keep feeling like I'm broken and not good enough.

I'm turning here- to women who are in the same boat- for support now. I think I can accept being unable to mother a child, but all this waiting is starting to drive me mad. We've decided to wait until January to go to the doctor to see what might be going on. For now it's just struggling to keep our sex life alive and exciting and not give up hope.

Defo not just you... Two pregnancies announced at work in the last two days, best friend and another friend is preg, cousin just had a baby... I don't get excited about it because I have this fear that it won't ever happen for us. It drives me crazy...

my husband is so uber positive, it's hard to talk about these feelings. He keeps up with the mantra of "when it's right it will happen" and I keep feeling like I'm broken and not good enough.

My husband is the same. I don't think he has come to the realisation it won't be as easy as he thinks if we don't try at it and that it affects me on an emotional level.

We've only (I say only) been trying for six months and on this site for just over a month but the one thing I've learnt very quickly is it doesn't matter how much you think you are on your own and no one understands there is always someone that feels the same and has been through it. If you post it, someone will respond and help you feel like you are not crazy. The women here are fantastic a real inspiration. The thing I like most is that women that do get pregnant don't just up and leave they stay to offer support and tell their stories and for that you feel genuinely happy when they make an announcement.

Anyway welcome to the site and good luck with ttc. :hugs:

You are not insane, I saw a pregnant lady the other day at a wedding and my dad and DH caught me rolling my eyes, I am just so fed up with waiting! hahaah And I also tried to fig. out how far along she was, but only b.c DH asked me, lol.

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me popping over. I just wanted to say that what you are feeling is totally normal. I honestly got really depressed seeing pregnancy bumps everywhere before I got pregnant. And they were EVERYWHERE! As exciting as it was for the pregnant ladies, I couldn't help feeling unreasonably annoyed that it wasn't me. Now I'm in first tri (which by the way is still full of bump envy :) ) I get a little bit annoyed that I'm not showing yet and still don't feel like a member of their club yet. I feel like shouting 'offer me a seat, I'm pregnant too!' on the train. :D Your time will come soon. Just keep positive and remember that our bodies take their times to get ready, and sometimes they just need a bit of help to get there. :dust:

I am so happy this thread exists! I am sooo bump envy! I have only been a part of this site for a bit now, but have found it so comforting. I also feel like everyone in the world is preggos but me. I can't wait for the maternity close and the (hopefully) extra attention from the hubby. Good luck to all.

Massive bump envy here...my boss is pregnant which is making it even worse!!!

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me popping over. I just wanted to say that what you are feeling is totally normal. I honestly got really depressed seeing pregnancy bumps everywhere before I got pregnant. And they were EVERYWHERE! As exciting as it was for the pregnant ladies, I couldn't help feeling unreasonably annoyed that it wasn't me. Now I'm in first tri (which by the way is still full of bump envy :) ) I get a little bit annoyed that I'm not showing yet and still don't feel like a member of their club yet. I feel like shouting 'offer me a seat, I'm pregnant too!' on the train. :D Your time will come soon. Just keep positive and remember that our bodies take their times to get ready, and sometimes they just need a bit of help to get there. :dust:

Hello and of course you are welcome. Congrats soon you won't be able to see your feet it won't be long and then we can be envious (but also very happy for you).

Good luck witht he rest of your pg and enjoy every minute.

Thank you. To be honest the boobies gets so big in the first tri, that you stop seeing your feet way before any bump appears! :) A baby bump feels a million miles away atm. Without a bump I'm a member of the club and feel like I'm still waiting for my membership card to come through. ;)

Lots of :dust: to everyone.

I am still in the early days of ttc, but I feel exactly the same, see pregnant women everywhere, find myself in the baby section of shops, and browsing the net for baby things! It's like an obsession! glad I am not the only one. Has anyone got a baby buys yet??

I do try to feel genuinely happy or pleased for them, but in all honestly I can't.
I can hardly visit my Facebook without seeing swarms of baby pictures or baby bumps and feeling little 'pangs' of jealousy and saddness.
It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me that so many young ladies I know can get pregnant by accident and we can't, even though we're actively trying. The both of us.
*sigh* :cry:

I do try to feel genuinely happy or pleased for them, but in all honestly I can't.
I can hardly visit my Facebook without seeing swarms of baby pictures or baby bumps and feeling little 'pangs' of jealousy and saddness.
It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me that so many young ladies I know can get pregnant by accident and we can't, even though we're actively trying. The both of us.

:hugs: and lots of :dust:

Your time will come and it will mean so much more to you because you want it so much.

:hugs: and lots of :dust:

Your time will come and it will mean so much more to you because you want it so much.

Aw, thank you :blush:

Good luck to you to
:dust:

I can relate with all you wonderful women. A coworker I work with 8 hours a day 5 days a week is due in December. Her and her DH get pregnant the very first cycle trying. I am genuinely very happy for her, but cannot stand to hear about any more pregnancy stuff. I know that is so selfish of me, but to see and hear it every day all day can be very daunting.

I have a hard time even talking to my own sister-in-law, because she is pregnant. I want to be happy for her and my brother...but I can't help but be Jealous. My first cousin is 22 weeks and my sister-in-law is 17 weeks. They are both going to have a baby shower together and everyone is all excited. My grandma was telling me all about it yesterday. I just was really quite and kept a smile on my face, even though it hurt. Then my grandpa stepped in and said, " Well when C gets pregnant I will through her the biggest baby shower ever." I love my grandpa! Of all people to understand what I am going through. :)
I have been trying so hard for 1 1/2 years and they both only took 2 months. My cousin didn't even try..UGG! I know the feeling! It's hard! Baby Dust your way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->