Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Not sure what you mean by "active" but due to Mogster having strep on him we were treated automatically as if Jack would too....it meant having the canula fitted and antibiotics every four hours during labour with the need for at least two doses to go in before we started pushing to ensure he got enough to avoid 48 hours of them after the birth...we also had to have monitoring during labour...we avoided the head probe luckily but we were able to have an active labour and despite him getting stuck (shoulder dystocia) we had a very natural labour just with a mass of people at the end :dohh:

If you ask them what implications the canula and monitoring will have you may find they can adapt them to a way that suits both them AND you...after all a happymother makes for a better and easier labour for baby, mother and MW. Monitoring could be as easy as a trace every so many hours and agreeing to come to the hospital sooner...they wont know if you were stuck in traffic or chilling at home a little longer :winkwink:

Stand your ground and make sure D backs you 110% and you will hopefully get the birth you want :hugs:

:cake: Happy Birthday to Claire, hope you have had fun with your gang :kiss:

Happy Birthday to Lil Miss P too...hope SS has been!

Evening ladies,

We have had a busy week, but I thought I'd come on here and say :hi:

So our little sunshine has been 2 for over a week now. :shock: We had a lovely birthday weekend: Friday we went to the zoo, Saturday our Secret Birthday presents arrived :happydance: and Sunday we had some family over.

We'd like to say a huge thanks to our Secret Birthday Swapper. Great choices, S loves the fishies and he has already started repeating phrases from the book. :thumbup:

Here are a few pictures of the weekend:

At the zoo:
https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040612.jpg

Playing with the fishies:
https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040689.jpg

Reading his book:
https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040698.jpg

Cakies:
https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040716.jpg

Enjoying some cake:
https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040741.jpg

:haha:
https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/th_00104.jpg

He loved this so much and always smiles when he sees it. :cloud9:

So what's new with you, ladies? P&F, not long now until the arrival of your little bundle. Are you all set? Any ideas yet on names?

F&C and MrsMils, how are you? Any plans for the babies' birthdays?

Moggy, hope your dad is doing okay. How is your project going?

Yas, hope you are okay and not too busy?

Claire, not sure if you will see it, but Happy Belated Birthday to Ana! :cake:

And two more of our cheeky little monkey from the other day:

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040751.jpg

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1040753.jpg

Pip I just love pics of S such a happy boy :)))) and looks like a brilliant birthday :) nice and settled yet?

No SS gifty here yet but D's still singing happy birthday on a daily basis lol!

I'm good, been up and down to hospital the past week or so, first suspected cholestasis as mega itchy. Still mega itchy but half of my bloods results were okay so they're saying not cholestasis but going to do a liver scan instead soon.

They did find tho I have low fluid so I'm in twice a week for monitoring atm on top of weekly blood tests - FUN!

Pleased I'm not having to be induced for cholestasis but feeling a bit in limbo lol!

Other than that feeling great, D is good and hubs starts at school Monday argh! We had a nice day at Chester zoo recently and just trying to get in lots of quality time together.

How is everyone? Xxx

Oh Pip, he's just so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I'm so pleased he had a good birthday weekend. Is he a bit more settled now?

Lia, uggh to itching but yey to not having to be induced. Hope you are not too uncomfortable. Shame your SS pressie hasn't arrived yet. I know Harry's Christmas one was very late as it came from Canada so maybe that's the cause?? xx

nothing here yet either :nope: so presume they will all come in time, I think post must be quicker from here to overseas as both S and P have had theirs...

Hoping the itching eases soon for you Lia, and hopefully without them having to induce you :hugs: Are you feeling ready?

Ann when do you fly? Saw on FB youre off to Spain :shock: Whereabouts are you going?

Not much happening here out of the ordinary, we went to the fair yesterday - Jack is obsessed with "Hook A Duck" :haha: It was one of the old steam ones so lots of old skool roundabouts, was fun for them, Mogster even went on the dodgems with his cousin (and a Dad each) Project coming along nicely Pip :winkwink:

Cant believe that at christmas there i will be so many new babies :happydance: Any thoughts about another Pip?

How strange that you both haven't received anything :( I had to double check who I had been allocated just incase but I remembered correctly!

Moggy I'm off to Spain on Wednesday for my in-laws 40th birthday celebrations. It has been a bit of a sore subject in honesty for so many reasons. I was upset they chose Harry's birthday weekend when their anniversary was weeks ago, especially when we have to pay for Harry when he's 2, and also upset that we were expected to shell out so much money when we can't even afford a week in the UK. I think the last straw was when my MIL said that if I couldn't fly then Don and Harry would just have to leave me behind and then made a comment about the fact we should have waited to try a little longer. Grrr.

Aaaaannyway... I've ranted away so am generally feeling a bit happier about it now. I just hope it's not too hot and that we get some space so we can enjoy the holiday as a family.

On a happier note we've had such a lovely weekend. We celebrated Harry's birthday with my side of the family on Saturday and he had cake, presents etc. We can't afford to take anything other than hand luggage on holiday so can't take much in the way of presents. He had such a lovely time! Then today we went to a cottage which my aunt hired for her husband's 50th and there was a pool, games room and lots of lovely food. Harry adores my sister's kids so has had a full weekend of them.

We also moved Harry in to his new room which he loves. Pip, I will take some photos for you when I get round to it :) Since we moved him to the new room he's gone to bed without even a murmur. Bliss!

I am so not ready lol! :-/

Ours could be overseasy ones i figured - no one had mentioned getting two so figure we've not messed up lol! But yeah Dylan is relentless in singing happy birthday so he won't mind lol!!!

I'm already asleep so half a post lol sorry x x

Hi ladies, just a quickie to say I'm away for a week as of tomorrow so apologies for my silence and not acknowledging any SS present that may come for Harry. xxx

Evening ladies Just a quickie - Induction tomorrow thought I'd got away with it but bloods rocketed baby Harness 2 coming soon best finish work i suppose now lol! x x

You made it to 39 weeks then...best thing is to have him out also means you will feel better :hugs: Hope you are all ready, cant wait to see pics :kiss: Enjoy that magic first cuddle and then the extra special one with all your boys together :cloud9:

P&F, how exciting. I can't believe you are 39 weeks already tomorrow and that you are being induced tomorrow. Not long now until you hold your little bundle in your arms. We'll be thinking of you all. Can't wait to hear the news and see some pics.

Happy Birthday, Harry. Hope you are having a great day in Spain.
:cake:

Thanks Pip, Harry had a lovely day. Only 2 days to go here and although it's been lovely I'm longing for some privacy and a night that's not unbearably hot :s

Wow Lia how exciting. Good luck for today. I hope it all goes smoothly. Xxx

nothing here yet :shrug:

No news from Lia yet, last news was a 2nd pessary...hoping she has an easy time and can be back with D soon :hugs:

Umm maybe we should speak up as to who got what so we can work out what went wrong?

Hope Lia is comfortable xx

she seemed ok just missing D....not sure how we fess up iykwim? Did anyone get two?

How is Spain Ann?

Well, I start. I know that ours has been received from the info given on here. :blush:

And we have received one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->