Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Good question Lia ;)

Yikes that took a while to diagnose his tongue tie but at least it will be sorted soon x

makes me realise how lucky we were the dentist spotted Mogsters aged 5!!!! Least for T it should be a quick snip....do they just do it or do they knock him out?

Sadly not Ann - Nhs remarked on it the same way they would a freckle. Now he's not gaining weight so well I went to see a lactation consultant for help with latch and she pointed out the blatant. It's blown my mind - I looked at Ash's tongue and couldn't believe my previously normal tongue was actually not!!!!

£65 lactation consultant session (well worth it, have some good tips too in the meantime) and then £190 for snip and breastfeeding support session for post-snip feeding. Not to mention the cranial osteopathy which is all kind of linked really. Still - offset against what we've not spent on formula eh :-/

George did you have mogsters done at that age? D has one too you see...never picked up on, though I imagine a lot of the problems (much more minor) with D were because of that.

For Toby they don't knock em out just snip and done, I'm a pumping maniac ATM trying to keep my supply up and pump for top ups for Toby.

It's opened up a can of worms with my mum - she now knows why my brother failed massively to thrive and why bf-ing us was so painful and didn't work out. My nan also lost her milk supply and we are now able to trace it back having never even known about it before lol.

I never realised, as it looked normal to me. Because I bloody have one haha. My mum had her tongue and lip tie cut last year for dentures, and we've all got em!!!

That's crazy Lia. It's incredibly common and I know soo many people who only found out their kids had tongue tie at a late stage. It must have been terrible for your Mum and Nan's generations.

All 3 of my sister's kids have had it so I'm relatively clued up on it. Her first they found her tongue tie and sorted it but she never latched on. Years later the younger two were found to have a different type of tongue tie and my sister now suspects that Ella had that too.

I really do count my blessings that I didn't have latch problems with Harry and I am hoping T will be the same. Still at least my sister is a breast feeding support worker so I have lots of help on my doorstep.

Mogster was a slow feeder but we were told it was due to his being 5 weeks premature and that he would develop the skills and speed up, in hindsight he did speed up but more due to the fact he developed his own way of feeding, it also explains why I had mastitis so much with Mogster and yet with Pickle only a few times.

Mogster was picked up earlier this year by the dentist, it was quite apparent and we asked the gp to refer us - we blatantly said it was for cosmetic reasons such asbeing able to stick out his tongue at school, welater found out from the consultant that this is the perfect thing to say for a small child who speaks and has a TT. They had no argument as there is no other solution than to snip it, apparently it could be deemed something he could be bullied for :shock: From the dentist saying it to the appt with the consultant was a few weeks and the op was a few weeks later (I rang the hospital to check they had received the referral from the consultant and she said they had had a cancellation so we couldcome in a few days later) He was knocked out and snipped but he was fine, the only trauma was for me and for the canula to go into his hand, in the end they knocled him out with gas and inserted it then. He was a star and the difference in his speech was immediately noticeable.

Frustrating for you to have to pay the cost but I reckon much better to pay and it be resolved as you may now go forward with Tobes. Might be why D sleptpoorly as TT can make it hard to feed thoroughly and as they tire it gets harder. Bugs me that BF clinics dont spot it iykwim but I guess they do what they can with the resources and support they get. Interesting to know there are different kinds of TT though Ann...tell me more :)

I think some can restrict the forward and back movement and some the lateral movement and also some are obvious and some are at the back so quite well hidden.

Just had a sweep and am at 2cm dilated so things are progressing!

Lovely name, F&C. How long ago did you decide on the name? Have you told anyone else (family) yet?

Great news on the dilation too. Baby F&C is on his way. :happydance:

Sorry, I haven't got anything to add to the TT discussion, but am glad that all the TT LO's already have or will be sorted soon.

About 3 weeks ago maybe? Just my NCT friends know as it's hard to keep secrets from them. Our families don't know yet. x

he obviously heard me this morning :rofl: Sending easy and progressing labour vibes your way :hugs:

Exciting. Crazy how cramps can make you feel happy under the circumstances...

:happydance: He is coming on tuesday :yipee: a minute after midnight is fine....

I am assuming Ann is busy pushing T out...

Can't wait for to hear of his arrival and see pics. :coffee:

They turned in to mild period pains over night and then by morning I was only getting a few. They've kicked off again but not as intense as they were this time yesterday. I've started to time them so we'll see. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->