Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Lovely bump pics, Ann.

How are you feeling? Did you get anywhere with the supportive midwife?

Thanks Pip.

No she didn't call back but I have an appointment with her today. Actually it was meant to be at 10.50 but I had it down as an hour later so I hope she still sees me. I'm in the waiting room now.

Good luck. Hope you will get the answers you are hoping for.

My mw was amazing.

She checked my notes and the other mw hasn't written anything to contradict what was previously agreed, so the hospital will still go with the original plan made between me and the SOM.

She said that neither myself nor the baby will die as a result of this and that although what the mw said is true - in the sense that it's best to be monitored and have a canula - that it is more for the very rare case that something will go wrong and just to speed things up. She said there's all sorts of signs before the scar ruptures and that the hospital will just make up for the lack of constant monitoring in other ways. She said what was previously agreed with the SOM made a lot of sense and was a good route to take.

She also suggested alternatives such as a different location for the canula which was really useful.

Feel so relieved!

That's great news, Ann. I bet and I can sense that you are relieved and feel like a weight has been lifted. :hugs:

Nice pics :) Bump looks longer this time, still round but not so pertly round more and elongated round....could this mean he llies differently?

Excellent news from the mw :happydance: Not sure where they intended to place a canula but with Pickle I had one in the back of my hand for the antibiotics to be put in via, they put it in but it didnt hamper movement at all :shrug: One in the arm would be quite obtrusive but in my hand wasnt in the way at all just had to remember it was there so didnt catch it....I did manage that a few times but again it wasnt too great an issue.

So excited for you, at 34+2 we were on labour signs watch as Mogster was a 35 weeker....Pickle showed everyone though it was possible to be fashionably late :dohh: Cant wait for you to have your three boys in your arms - one big, one small and one new :cloud9:

I had it in the back of my hand last time and it was a nightmare. It got knocked out twice and the 3rd time my whole hand was tapped up to stop it coming out again. I also couldn't move my wrist much.

She suggested putting it in the side above the wrist so it's out of the way.

Yep, Pip, I am sooooo relieved!!

Ann what great news :)))

my cannula was a nightmare to get in so had to go wherever lol. After 4 attempts they got an anaesthetist to do it lol so ended up in my hand but didn't stop me getting up and about to start with so am sure you'll be fine wherever it ends up :))))

sounds like the best solution is that they allocate the most experienced and positive MW to you and they get a person who has a good 1st attempt success rate with the canula as between the two of them and D as your main supporter and champ of your rights, you will be able to focus on you and bump and getting to have your baby in the way that works best for you and him (and D and H or course) :hugs:

Hi ladies! How are you all?

Ann - thats awesome news, I'm so pleased the mw was positive about it all, I really hope its helped you feel like you can achieve the experience you want. What a relief. I had a cannula in each hand unfortunately, but one of mine was so swollen and bruised from so much fluid going in that it was the most distracting pain of the section/in recovery - ridiculous! Hopefully the wrist will help you ignore it if that happened last time, presumably you haven't got to be hooked up to anything unless necessary? They put lots of soft bandage over my other one, that really helped me forget it and it couldn't catch on anything iyswim?

Thanks Lydia. They want to put it in from the word go as if there are any problems with the scar and it ruptures my body will go in to shock and close down my veins making a canula very difficult to put in place. However there are so many signs before a scar ruptures that it's just being overly cautious really. If I need a c section again for another reason other than the scar opening, then it can just be put it at that point, like last time.

Still, if it won't cause me any problems then I don't mind having it so we'll see... xx

If I'm honest I'm not sure as it was really tricky for their birthdays with lots of presents being late etc. If everyone wants to, then I'm happy to join in though. xx

we are still minus Jacks but up for christmas if everyone else is :)

EDIT: all arrived :)

Happy birthday Pip!!

No sign of baby Phipps part deux here. Feeling very uncomfortable but he apparently isn't. Little monkey.

xx

Late babies behave better in my experience...:shrug: Keep positive, he will be here soon :hugs:

Sorry I missed birthday pip!

Where is baby Phipps!

Toby finally confirmed as tongue tied causing probs feeding - due to be snipped next Saturday, hope I can pull back some milk supply and that it helps him!

Hope my lovely ladies are good we had a couple weeks of poorly Dyl so been v quiet! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->