Bump growing up not out

sarah2211

Reaction score
I'm 17 weeks pregnant, first time mum and most days I look completely normal. No bump unless I've had a big dinner. I'm 5'9 and a normal weight for my height.

At my midwife appointment at 14 weeks, my uterus was measuring just below my belly button (apparently 18-20 weeks). I'm now 17 weeks and I can feel my uterus 2-3 fingers above my belly button.

I feel like the baby is growing up not out.

Anyone else? Hopefully I'll pop soon!

Your uterus is supposed to grow upwards. It starts off right down in your pelvis and ends up right under your ribcage, so it's completely normal. You're quite tall so your 'bump' will probably come when baby is bigger and fills out your torso more.

I'm 5'9" as well and with my first I didn't look pregnant until 23/24 weeks. Don't worry, you will eventually pop and bump will grow out! It just takes longer because you're tall :)

With my second, I had a bump from 9 or 10 weeks on...In subsequent pregnancies you will probably show sooner since your uterus has already stretched out once before.

Even being short-with my first I didn't look pregnant until the last two months- but I had a small baby- it just depends on what our bodies want to do and the strength of your muscles.

Thanks ladies. I just really want a bump haha. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that my uterus is so high for where I am in the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->