Bump sizes

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
I'm on baby number 3 and I assumed i would just get bigger each time.. I was pretty big with my boys once I popped gaining 3-4 stone each time.
I just wondered if anyone had experienced actually being smaller with a second/third etc baby...
im 22 weeks and i've gained about 1.5 stone so far.

Have you gone back down to the same pre baby weight with each pregnancy? With my first I was very skinny, probably even considered underweighth. I gained 56lbs!! I ended up losIng almost all of it but my body hung onto some and I was a healthy weight. In the years since I have started working out and gained more in muscle mass. My doctor told me I'll probably gain much less with this one because my body won't need to stock up as much to sustain a baby.

Yes all pregnancies have started off at the same weight.. around 58-59kg.
My second was 10lb born too so really im just hoping if i feel and look smaller hopefully this means he'll be the only 10lb baby I have!

Definitely! I'm on baby number 3 and bump is much smaller. My first was 10lb 3oz and second 9lb 10oz so I'm hoping that this one will be a bit smaller! Apparently I'm expecting a girl which I've heard can be smaller? Do you know what you're having yet? X

No I don't - we've kept it as a surprise! Baby did look dinky on the 20 week scan.
Im very nervous about having another big baby, im consultant led this time.
Were both your boys ok deliveries?

Not necessarily. My first baby was by far my largest so far and the most difficult to deliver. After that it was like my body said "nope... never again!" I was honestly scared to become pregnant again, fearing what size baby I'd have to push out, however with my last two pregnancies I went into labor as soon as my babies weighed about 8 lbs no matter what gestational week I was at. Literally my DS was born 7lbs14oz (which is practically 8 lbs.) at 37 weeks and DD2 was born 8 lbs even at 39 weeks. This baby is measuring large, just like they did, so I'm expecting an early arrival for him too.

This is my 4th pregnancy and I'm the smallest and lightest of any of them. It's weird to me. I feel like I should be huge

I have a feeling I'm going to have a growth spurt soon as I do feel like I've grown slightly overnight!

I'm consultant led too- not that they've ever said anything g to e . Had my first a appointment a few weeks ago and haven't got to go back until I'm 37 weeks for a growth scan, plus glucose intolerance test which was fine last time. Both deliveries were fine with no complications. Only down side is I had to be induced on both due to me being 13 days overdue. Try not to worry I'm sure you will be fine x

I'm consultant led too- not that they've ever said anything g to e . Had my first a appointment a few weeks ago and haven't got to go back until I'm 37 weeks for a growth scan, plus glucose intolerance test which was fine last time. Both deliveries were fine with no complications. Only down side is I had to be induced on both due to me being 13 days overdue. Try not to worry I'm sure you will be fine x

i feel like ive grown over the weekend!
I've had two assisted deliveries so we are deciding at 36 weeks how we avoid that!
My scan photos are in the gender prediction thread if you fancy a guess!

I know most say the same but I really do think that every baby and pregnancy is different. My first had iugr so probably not a fair comparison but she weighed 6lb 1oz, #2 jumped up to 8lb 6.5oz, I expected number 3 to be roughly the same if not bigger but throughout I carried sammler and she was born at 7lb 9oz, both born at the same gestation and all three the same gender.
I've gone on to have another two and they've both stayed pretty much the same as dd3. #2 was definitely the biggest weight wise and carrying wise :)

My friend said her third bump was waaaay smaller than the first two. Her first two were girls and the third a boy so she swears it's because boys hang lo and wobble to and fro

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->