Bumped stomach hard?

sweetbliss89

Reaction score
I hit the top of my stomach pretty hard on the table last night out to dinner when I was trying to scoot my chair in. It knocked the wind out of me. I've felt baby girl move since then but this morning that area of my stomach feels sore and the space I can feel between my diaphragm and the uterus feels bruised/tender. Should I go ahead and call the OB or is it fine?

I think you should always call your OB if you're concerned but babies are so protected in there. You can totally get bruised and baby is absolutely fine. It's a personal choice. I think you're fine but hearing it from a professional is always nicer.
I was rear ended, stuck the edge of the crib in my belly, and my brothers dog jumped on my stomach. Baby never felt a thing in all three incidences. :)

I would get checked all ways get checked if your worried.

Hope all is well

I agree that it's always safe to call just to be safe and ease your worries! When I was pregnant with DD I hit my belly ALL the time! Most often when getting out of the car because I would shut the door behind me and not be out of the way yet! Hahaha Dr always said that the baby is well protected.

In What To Expect it says normally the only way a baby gets hurt in utero is if you got hurt enough that you're hospitalized for it. But you could see your OB to calm your nerves.

This happened to me last wk, almost same exact thing ..... When I called the dr the next morning he said go to the hospital to get on the monitor.... When i got to the hospital they told me I should have came in immediately after it happened , never wait when there is possible trauma , then I felt like the worst worst mother:( thank god he was ok!!!! Their protocol is to monitor baby 4 hrs after any trauma to the stomach.... since i waited til morning they only did 2.5...It was a bit acary though , baby was nonreactive, they were switching my positions and pushing on my stomach and givig me loads of juice, i was terrified , turns out he was just beingg lazy i guess..... eventually he started moving around ....since then i have been having insane contractions back to back since then , they are small so not doing much besides causing horrid cramps n vomiting :/
I say def call your dr, better safe than sorry, god forbid.... When they told me that at the hospital I felt like such an ass for waiting so long:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->