• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Business Idea : Wedding Vows & Speech Coach

toffee2010

Reaction score
Wedding Vows & Speech Service
Just wondering what people think about my very recent idea ........ i trained at drama school four years ago and since then , i have done a few acting jobs and done a bit of coaching . Now that i have my daughter , i'm unable to commit fully to the acting world and have been looking for a job that is in keeping with my acting skills .

First , i thought of offering public speaking workshops/sessions but went onto gumtree and saw quite a few people offering this . So i thought about wedding speeches and how people get their poor knickers in a twist over giving one . Plus , a lot of wedding speeches i've heard have been quite robotic , leaving the speaker feeling a tad unsatisfied . I want to help get behind the words , the meaning and then catapult every letter off the page ... in a non theatrical but engaging way . I know it wont earn me mega bucks but it's more about the nature of it than the money ... yup thats my acting head talking lol

I would mobile and from home . Also, I can help them write vows / speeches too , so they don't feel lost . Just drawing up ideas at the moment on how to expand it . I want to make it fun not daunting !

Well what do you think ? If you were a shaky bride to be or groom .. Would you consider getting some help with your vows/speech?

I personally wouldn't, because it is another expense when weddings already cost so much, however I am sure some would.

That is a cool idea, but really our officiant helped with our vows tremendously by giving us examples and so on. Our maid of honor/best man were good friends from childhood, so it was pretty easy for them to find things to talk about. I'm sure that you would find some business out there, but it may be slow going.

Awesome for you for taking the initiative! It takes guts to start your own business, Im impressed :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->