Busy 18 month old climbs out of sleep area.What should I invest in for her to sleep?

Danie1stbaby

Reaction score
Hi,I have browsed others threads but decided to post my own.My daughter shared a bed with me for sometime and then I got a thin mattress for her pack and play so it could be her bed.She sleeps good in it and at my sisters home she naps good in the crib with her 11 month old cousin.That crib is a crib to toddler bed set on the lowest setting.Makes me cry when I think about it.So disturbing my child and I are struggling financially.Yet things are looking up now.Anyhoo,my busy 18 mth old climbs out the pack n play.

My question is : what should I invest in now.She just turned 18 months a few days ago.She is a climber lol my mom will be keeping her and while she will have freedom,what's another alternative for baby while mom cooks and cleans? She is a busy body! She even knows how to go in the fridge and open containers lol

I am a first time mom and single.This site has saved me since the day I found out I was pregnant lol please help,thanks moms ❤️

Honestly I baby gate my child into a room when I need to do other stuff. We call it her playroom. We have a metal gate with vertical bars so she can't climb it. This is our gate. We only paid about $65 but I can't remember where.

The only other alternative I can think of is a play yard. You might be able to find this used. I know that people sell them around here when they are done with them.

A toddler bed, but if finances are tight, a mattress on the floor. If shes climbing out, it sounds like its time to train for a bed. Not easy, but your lo will not be safe in a crib or pen.

At 18m, cant really keep them too contained, maybe babygates depending on your home. That was a fun age of no and dont touch! Lol

Personally I'd go for a single bed, skip the toddler bed stage they are a waste of money and need a different sized bedding etc.
Or as someone else said mattress on the floor.

Thank you ladies �� I have a lot to think about.I have different opinions around me too.I personally don't think she is ready for a bed but then again she would definitely adjust.i watched her again today at my sister's house,using my niece's crib and she slept longer and seemed well rested.She cries to go back in,strange lol so I am really trying to decide and soon.She loves sleeping in the bed with me,but I don't want to start that.I am also worried about her getting out of the bed in the middle of the night and getting hurt.She knows how to take the safety plugs out of sockets,loves to climb up onto the kitchen counter and so much more.A busy child lol Her climbing is what scares me with cribs but the kind my sister has,she enjoys and I never witnessed her climbing it. I just want to make sure she is safe and comfy �� Your advice has helped,thank you so much

I would also get a single bed, I know it probably feels too early but if she is climbing out of her crib then she's going to go on a wander anyway, right? Put a stair gate on her door and then she will only be able to cause destruction in her own room :)

That's certainly the best option financially....I mean she has to get used to a bed sooner or later right? I have a cot bed and I found that it wasn't big enough for my daughter once she turned 2. She fit in it lengthwise but there wasn't enough room for her to sprawl out!

I personally would buy a crib/cot she is 18 months you may only get a few months out of it before she climbs it too, DS climbed his at 23 mths.

Go for a low single bed and as pp said stair gate on her door or at the top of the stairs.

Ds would settle great in the cot but never STTN, once he moved to a bed he was a nightmare to settle but started STTN.

Both my kids were in beds way before 18months. Anything else is a waste of money at this stage in my opinion. If you really need to stop her getting places then use baby gates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->