Buying baby bits before BFP!

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
My DH and i have been TTc for 6 months and we have bought a few bit and pieces to get us started!! Im currantly out of work and my DH feels that this is the best way forwards as we won't be able to buy everything in 9mths. We haven't bought major stuff like the cot or clothing etc just bedding bits, bath, steamer on the mother care range he loves :haha: before they change it. Does anyone else do this? I'm not sold but he say's if it does'nt happen we can give it away or sell it. Does anyone else buy bits or think this is a mad idea?:wacko:

Oh yes! I have the travel system; cot; Moses basket; some clothes; some toys and a Groegg :blush: A lot of the reason is to spread the costs and we will buy if we see a real bargain.

My DH also says if we never get a LO then we can resell the stuff.

I have a friend who was TTC (she will no longer discuss it with me) and when she knew in 2009 that we were TTC she said I was putting a jinx on myself buying baby stuff and whilst I respect her view I don't think I am so I will buy little bits here and there.

I want to make a birth sampler but I won't buy one and start stitching it till I'm at least 6 months pregnant but that's about the only thing I won't buy before a BFP :)

So if it is a mad idea you're not alone :hugs:

Nope your not alone, i have a few things, not much, just some outfits, my dh and i love sports, so we have a Chicago White Sox onsie, a little pants and sweatshirt for the Chicago Bears, and teeny tiny socks for the Chicago Blackhawks. Honestly after 3 1/2 years i have thought about getting rid of them, a friend of mine is pg and due in August, and i thought why not give them to her, at least someone can use them, but i dont know, something keeps telling me to hang on to them. I did find the crib i absolutly love, but i wont buy something like that until its a for sure thing, the clothes i can hide away on a bad day, the crib not so much. My sister bought a bottle cover that was a Disney thing, and she was not even married, it took years but she did have my niece, so i thought well it worked for her :haha: I say have fun, and one day your little one will come along to fill all those things you bought.

Don't give away your Chicago things! I pray you will get your own LO to fill them :hugs:

I haven't bought anything but DH and I were recently going through stuff and trying to get rid of things. We found that when I moved in to his place, trying to live in under 900 sq feet, we had way too much stuff! So while putting together a garage sale I contemplated selling a couple of baby dolls I'd held on to from when I was little. DH said I shouldn't, that one day I'll have that LO to give them to. Here's hoping!

I started a baby registry :blush: Everyday I am looking online at baby stuff..........there is some seriously cute stuff out there!! :thumbup:

Don't give away your Chicago things! I pray you will get your own LO to fill them :hugs:

:hugs: Awwww thanks honey, and i am praying for you LO too!!! We can and will do this!!! And your right, i am not going to give them away, it was so weird, i was going to give them to my friend, and then the more i thought about it the more i could not do it, so your right, they will just stay tucked away, until my little one, or little ones arrive!!

I haven't bought anything but DH and I were recently going through stuff and trying to get rid of things. We found that when I moved in to his place, trying to live in under 900 sq feet, we had way too much stuff! So while putting together a garage sale I contemplated selling a couple of baby dolls I'd held on to from when I was little. DH said I shouldn't, that one day I'll have that LO to give them to. Here's hoping!

I agree with your DH and I pray that you get your BFP soon :hugs:

I started a baby registry :blush: Everyday I am looking online at baby stuff..........there is some seriously cute stuff out there!! :thumbup:

I did that too, it was after one of my IUI's the bad thing with it was that after i lost that little one they kept sending me emails. They finally stopped, the weird thing, we just got a coupon book in the mail for a baby store here, its been over a year since i have gotten anything, hmmmmm a sign you think? I have to say though omg there are so many cute things out there, i absolutly adore the Britax car seat and stroller in CowMooflage, its a cow pattern, he he he. I have just got to have a little one so i can get that stroller and car seat :haha:

Isn't there just :) I can oh and ah over baby stuff all day :)

But DH knows that if we get lucky enough to tell people we're expecting his family are to be told NO Disney Winnie the Pooh stuff! My ex-husband used to buy me loads of Disney Tiggers and Winnie the Pooh so know if I see it I shudder. But I know both my SILs love it.

But DH knows that if we get lucky enough to tell people we're expecting his family are to be told NO Disney Winnie the Pooh stuff! My ex-husband used to buy me loads of Disney Tiggers and Winnie the Pooh so know if I see it I shudder. But I know both my SILs love it.

LOL, my favorite is Eeyore, i can see why you would have a problem with that lol, if anybody gives you something, just return it to the store, i am sure you would not have a problem, also i would just flat out tell them, they should understand lol. See i am thinking positive for you, one day very soon you will be looking at baby stuff for your LO.

I don´t even buy things when I´m pregnant and I won´t until I´m about 7 months, way too superstitious, also it is too hard having to see the things when the beans don´t stick. I have stuff in the garage a friend passed me when her two girls grew out of them but i haven´t looked in the boxes. Shows she has more faith that I will be a mum than I do.

LOL, my favorite is Eeyore, i can see why you would have a problem with that lol, if anybody gives you something, just return it to the store, i am sure you would not have a problem, also i would just flat out tell them, they should understand lol. See i am thinking positive for you, one day very soon you will be looking at baby stuff for your LO.

I love the Winnie the Pooh book and Eeyore is a particular fav of mine it's just the Disney stuff :)

I really don't know what the theme is going to be as I change my mind on a daily basis :)

I don´t even buy things when I´m pregnant and I won´t until I´m about 7 months, way too superstitious, also it is too hard having to see the things when the beans don´t stick. I have stuff in the garage a friend passed me when her two girls grew out of them but i haven´t looked in the boxes. Shows she has more faith that I will be a mum than I do.

:hugs: I pray that your sticky BFP is with you soon and you can enjoy looking through those boxes :hugs:

I love the Winnie the Pooh book and Eeyore is a particular fav of mine it's just the Disney stuff :)

I really don't know what the theme is going to be as I change my mind on a daily basis :)

LOL, you and me both i have gone from ocean blue walls with fish and turtles and what not, to sage green with trees and monkeys and safari animals, to light yellow with trees and birds and colorful bugs. With the way i am maybe i should just do each wall in a theme lol :haha:

I just can't buy anything even now. I bought a little m&s teddy bear for £5 reduced from £20 12 months ago and a bundle of maternity clothes off ebay just last week for £22. I'll buy more maternity clothes when I need them but nothing for the baby until about 6 months plus we'll probably get a lot of stuff for christmas as my EDD is mid January.

love your avatar onmymind. I actually said on another thread about 3 months ago, just after a chemical, that if there was a golden egg in there I was going to find it lol

Onmymind - OMG I have gone through exactly the same themes :D I can definitely see me doing all the walls a different theme :laugh2:

I'm loving this thread and learning who is and isn't buying things :thumbup:

And to all expecting I am wishing happy and healthy pregnancies with really sticky beans x

And to all still waiting on their BFPs loads and loads of :dust: and praying no-one has to wait too much longer for their BFP :hugs:

love your avatar onmymind. I actually said on another thread about 3 months ago, just after a chemical, that if there was a golden egg in there I was going to find it lol

LOL, thanks, i just know there has to be one golden one left!!!!! Congrats to you, i am loving being on these boards, seems like there is a lot of baby dust and luck in here!!

Onmymind - OMG I have gone through exactly the same themes :D I can definitely see me doing all the walls a different theme :laugh2:

I'm loving this thread and learning who is and isn't buying things :thumbup:

And to all expecting I am wishing happy and healthy pregnancies with really sticky beans x

And to all still waiting on their BFPs loads and loads of :dust: and praying no-one has to wait too much longer for their BFP :hugs:

LOL, well then honey we will definatly get knocked up so we can have our multi themed walls lol. Too funny that we think alike!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->