Buying for male teachers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizzle

Reaction score
LO has two male teachers and I want to buy them each something nice but I really don't know what! anykne have any ideas? :flower:

Socks and chocs?

A nice manly notepad

A Xmas decoration for their tree

I would encourage the same sentiment as for female teachers (I'm a teacher myself) go for something they can eat or drink. As special as our children are to us, your child's teacher will not want to hang a bauble on their tree that was lovingly handcrafted by your child. Save your money, get a bottle of wine, chocolates or a gift card is a great idea...step away from the nick-nacks people (notepads, key rings, worlds best teacher mug) xx

another teacher opinion - slightly different

homemade food is always nice chutney perhaps or some biscuits

makes it a little more special that a box of chocs / wine

me and the kids have made some crystal bead decorations for their teachers (all female)

BTW, I'm a teacher too...I love a good notepad (hence my suggestion) and I've been given Xmas tree decorations that are shop/ crafty type shop bought that proudly hang on my tree!

But home made biscuits are always a bit of a let down for me!

So OP, I think you can conclude us teachers aren't all that helpful after all as we've all contradicted each other :haha: :haha: :haha:

(PS I don't mean to offend anyone's suggestions or opinions, I just find it funny we all had different views :)

Depending on age / budget I'd suggest iTunes, Cinema or Google Play giftcards. That takes the guessing element away. Alternatively a good book. I find non-fiction choices go down well with men - sport bios, cookery books, history etc. I'm always amazed that books aren't suggested more as presents on here!

Oh is a teacher, I like it when he gets wine because he hates it so it's all mine :rofl: usually get a few bottles each year!

He likes it when he's given chocolates/sweets, beer, notepads (he uses lots of notepads and post it's).

He's not a fan of homemade things like cakes and biscuits especially if the children have helped.

I've just bought them chocolates each, quality street/roses etc are only £2 in tesco which is ideal as there are at least 4 teachers in my sons class lol

Homemade goodies I think depend on your school district whether the teacher would trust them. My SIL works in a pretty bad school district, and says any homemade good she receives go straight in the trash when she gets home, as she's had to do plenty of home visits for her job and doesn't trust eating anything from them. My school distric is pretty nice, though, so I don't think our teachers would throw out goods unless it was something they just genuinely didn't care for. I sent in chocolate covered pretzels with gourmet sprinkles on them, with target gift cards for my son's preschool teachers.

I think a gift card with something small, like cookies, chocolates, etc is a good safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"