Buying glasses from a different opticians?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I usually go to Specsavers where I have a contact lens subscription and just buy glasses now and again. I would like to get a pair of Ray Ban prescription glasses but they don't do them, vision express do. I don't want to get another eye test as I only had one done last year, can I ask Specsavers what my prescription is and just tell vision express....I feel like I am cheating on Specsavers not that it really matters as they are a chain!!!

They normally give me my prescription to take away on a little slip, but if you don't have it then yes you can ask for it again. I always feel guilty too no idea why! They get enough of me for my contacts.

Yep you can ask for it. I get my glasses at Specsavers and my contacts at Asda, when I went to Asda to get tested for lenses they just phoned Specsavers and got them to fax the prescription over.

They're legally obliged to give you a copy of your prescription.You don't have to buy glasses from them just because you had your eyes tested there.

I have a friend who goes to the optician, gets her eyes tested, takes the prescription then buys glasses online somewhere cheaper. Doesn't your contacts paperwork have your prescription on anyway?

I have a friend who goes to the optician, gets her eyes tested, takes the prescription then buys glasses online somewhere cheaper. Doesn't your contacts paperwork have your prescription on anyway?

Prescriptions for contacts are different to glasses I think I've been told before.

Thanks, will ring Specsavers tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->