buying progestrone in uk?

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
anyone know where can buy progestrone in uk? i was told if take progestrone after ovulation then can increase chances if i get pregnant it will stick....

anyone used this and helped? or using this to help?

i've been wondering this too, hope you get an answer. I would imagine you would need to get it imported from the US but I could be wrong

Having said that, I did google 'too much progesterone in pregnancy' today and it seems there are down sides to having more prog than you need. If you're self-medicating, may be worth bearing in mind x

Hi hun.

I bought my cream from this website.

https://uk.store.progesterone.co.uk/

I dont know if it is working as no BFP yet... but they were good with delivery and it works out about 20 pound incl shipping.

Good luck chick!x

i have low progestrone due to sever pcos so some wouldn;t hurt me lol might sort me out.

cool x at least you know either way, I'm playing a bit of a guessing game!

yeah sorry to hear you don't know, do they know reasons for your losses?

anyone know where you can get progestrone pests?

Hi
I think you need a prescription if you want the pessaries. I had to get mine from my hospital on prescription (and I only got them coz of having IVF). You might need to have a word with your doc, see if they'll prescribe you some . . .but I may be wrong
Good luck!
xxx

thanks hun will see whats what... not seeing my RE again until we get issued with IUI so not sure if the GP would deal with it.

Hi
I got mine from my gp on prescription. It was called ProJuven.
I told him it was for PMT as it is also given to pre menopausal women! I didn't feel the need to start arguing about LP defect with him!! LOL!!

HTH?

how did u get it for PMT? what is PMT???not sure i would get it for that lol..... i might get it for low progestrone due to PCOS?

I did progesterone suppositories and cream with my last pregnancy but didn't start until after the positive test. The reproductive endocrinologist I just saw said it's too late to start progesterone after a positive test and recommended starting 3-4 DPO. I read a warning that the topical progesterone cream can get stuck in fat cells and put off AF if you're not pregnant, which would be bad. The article advised applying the cream to non-fatty tissue, where it can be readily absorbed.
I'm interested to discover how the progesterone works for you. I'm planning to try it after ovulation from now on and hoping it helps with implantation. Good luck!

im just trying to get ahold of some atm lol

Premenstrual tension/syndrome = PMT/S.

A lot of forward thinking GP's will prescribe it to regulate cycles. I was told to take it on cd13 until cd28 then stop to allow af to happen. Always test for pregnancy before withdrawal however.

It says to rub onto inner arms and thighs trying not to use your hands too much! That bit was fun trying to figure out!!!:wacko:

It definately stopped my cramping and spotting days before af which was a bonus!!:thumbup:

oh so it was just the cream you got not pest or pills?

Yeah it was the cream. I believe it is harder to get pessaries unless you have a "diagnosed" problem with early loss or something?:shrug:

Just getting the cream on prescription was difficult as its not an approved drug in the UK.

I don't know if you can purchase the pessaries online or if you can, they are what they say they are....if you know what I mean?!:thumbup:

yeah not going to chance buying it online unless its an approved company was just looking into it will just have to keep testing and maybe talk to you GP about my losses and say the RE believes some of my losses were due to low progestrone and see if they suggest anything, i used to take Wild yam as it apparently promotes Natrual progestrone and has been used for centures but not sure if it helped or just stop me being as fertile...

I did progesterone suppositories and cream with my last pregnancy but didn't start until after the positive test. The reproductive endocrinologist I just saw said it's too late to start progesterone after a positive test and recommended starting 3-4 DPO. I read a warning that the topical progesterone cream can get stuck in fat cells and put off AF if you're not pregnant, which would be bad. The article advised applying the cream to non-fatty tissue, where it can be readily absorbed.
I'm interested to discover how the progesterone works for you. I'm planning to try it after ovulation from now on and hoping it helps with implantation. Good luck!

That's frightening about it getting stuck in fat and putting off AF...has anyone heard of this happening? Where did you read this?

I have some cream but I'm scared to take it!

Lynne, my doctor here in the US told me to start taking it 3-4 days after I have ovulated. If you take it too soon it can interfere with ovulation so waiting until then you have enough hgh temps to know for sure you have ovulated. I do not have anything wrong with my progesterone levels (at least the things they have tested for) But she said it doesn't hurt to take it, I take the suppositories which deliver it localized to the uterus. She told me it is the best way to get it into the system.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"