Buying things already...

C

cherryglitter

Im on ebay and im desperate to buy some of the baby gros :(
Is it bad luck?!
I figured if something were going to happen, it would happen anyway.
I've had a scan and baby had a heartbeat and looked very active, but I don't want to tempt fate!! xx

Depends on whether you belive in tempting fate its entirely up to you when yo buy things for baby, im desperate to but we're moving in 2 months so wouldnt be a good idea lol

We have got a couple of things - one was free from someone and the other we're buying from a friend of a friend. I think there's no harm in it, I'm not one for believing in 'tempting fate'. If something is going to happen I believe it will be meant to be. It also helps to spread the cost by buying early.

We're going to be moving in a few months too!
I just wanna buy a babygro :( They're so cute!
And cheap!! xx

ive bought loads of bundles of ebay the way i see it hun is if something bad god forbid was going to hapen it would if u bought something or not ive had many early misscaraiges but once i saw my babies hb on a scan i couldnt hel buying something but once i started couldnt stop,
do whatever feels right to you hunny

Thanks hunny. The bundles on ebay are just too good to miss out on! I have no problem with second hand stuff, at all! Think it's brill haha! xxxx

I've ordered my pushchair, car seat and all singing all dancing sterilizer from mothercare on the Baby Plan. Once i have my 12 week scan then i shall go mad :happydance:

I haven't bought anything yet, but I think I will wait until my scan before we do - not because I believe in bad luck because I don't, it's just that I want to just get past that mark before we start buying xx

im being really good cause i bought odd unisex stuff for lilly then found out i was having a girl and bough girly girly stuff and when born the unisex stuff never got worn all still with tags on lol.... im going to find out this time too so i will just wait till i no what i am having xxxx

I'm not buying until we hear the heart beat on the doppler at the drs office. not becuz i think it will tempt fate but becuz we aren't having another baby after this no matter what happens. since the chance of mc goes down alot after you cna hear it on the doppler then i think it will be better to buy stuff. if something bad happens i don't want to have tons of baby stuff around to remind me not to mention all the money i would have spent and finding a home for all of it

I have 3 boxes of things my best friend gave me when I was still ttc because she's moving, but I haven't bought anything yet. I almost bought a stroller and carseat today when I was getting a Christmas present for my nephew because it was on sale but when I called my dh he laughed at me and said it was way to early to be buying the big stuff lol.

I'm really afraid of buying things for two reasons... 1 it's bad luck before 12 weeks and i'm annoyingly superstitious, and 2 if god forbid I was to mc then i'd hate to have to return clothes etc.

BUT THAT SAID do what feels right for you!!! I've already warned the FOB to start saving his pennies cos on the day we go for our 12 week scan, assuming everything is good and well i've demanded he takes me STRAIGHT to Next to buy the unisex babygros i've been oogling :D

Honey I don't believe in tempting fate, what will be will be.

Happy Shopping babe :happydance::hugs:

I am waiting until I am further along, proably until I am showing, I will buy some maternity clothes technically that is for the baby :p .

I can't wait to buy a car seat!

Buying bits and pieces for bubs isn't going to cause you to have a miscarriage (sorry if that sounds blunt, just the best way I could put it!!!) :) Whatever will be will be and if something's going to happen it will, whether to splash a little on some bits and pieces or not!

Personally I just bought a few bits and pieces from on here (literally when I was like 5/6 weeks or something...) to get me started (only got to see them for the first time when I arrived in the UK on Tuesday!! Like an early Christmas!! :thumbup::lol:) including some bundles of newborn stuff, some outfits I really liked and some cloth nappies. Oh...and a couple of toys!! :lol:

The way I see it, apart from whatever will be will be, we're planning on having kids anyway, so if something happens with this baby (please stay put Bubs though!!!) we can always use this stuff in future...and because it was cheaper and second hand, we can just sell it on otherwise.

We're waiting to get bigger stuff though, but mainly because DH is building the furniture and we just spent a LOT on flights to the UK.

xx

iv bought a tigger suit from asda a lill fleecy all in one,just couldnt resit it...:(

some of the things are so cute at this time of year! need to remember that it will be a summer baby so it's not going to want all in one big fluffy things haha!!
bless her or him!
cant wait to find out what im having! xxx

some of the things are so cute at this time of year! need to remember that it will be a summer baby so it's not going to want all in one big fluffy things haha!!
bless her or him!
cant wait to find out what im having! xxx

true lol! ddnt think of that.
i should of bought bigger size maybe(6-12mnths)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->