Buying Treatment Drugs?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I don't know if i've just become confused with the US, but how does purchasing IVF drugs work in the UK?

Do we get told what we need and then are given to opportunity to shop around or are we just told what we are having and given a bill?

I just remember seeing IVF drug pricings and my husbands family own a chain a pharmacies and i wondered if i'd be able to get them at trade price, if that's possible?

I haven't spoke to my FIL about it because we aren't very far into it and he might think i'm asking for a freebe.

Hi Louise, we have always got our medication via health care at home, our fertility clinic use them. It can be expensive so if you have contacts I would ask them to find out if they can do it for cheaper. On our last cycle DH left the fridge door open and we were worried about the HCG amp being spoilt, we told our clinic who gave us a free private prescription for the HCG injection, we went to TESCO as we needed it asap and TESCO charged us £8 rather than £13 we had originally. TESCO did not have it in stock but they contacted their supplier who delivered it within a couple of hours.

Wishing you all the best x

Oh good question Hun

I always wondered if I could source my own meds for my next cycle, as our next cycle is self funded:-(
I read an article about adds wallmart group in uk doing ivf drugs at trade price.
I don't know if these private clinics advise to use there suppliers or if it's compulsory!!
Surely they must make money on drugs.
I am going to do some research on it so will keep you updated
:)

Thanks for the replies.

That would be great Nat. Your avatar pic is adorable btw, sorry for your losses xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->