c section date - advice needed

T

tinytoes

Ok, so my due date is 20 july. the doc has suggested 4 July as my c section date. I'll be 37 weeks and 5 days. Is it OK? He cant do it a week later apparently as he's not available.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing..i just need some reassurance.

Would I be a bad mother by chosing that date??is it too early??

Aslong as you + your baby are healthy am sure everything will go great (them doctors know what there doing these days haha) he wouldnt have adivced it other wise do you think? xxx

has he said the 4th (like in your post) or the 14th (like on your signature)??

he said 4th. i hoepd for 14th but apparently its not possible

That's fine hun. They do it at 37 weeks for most twins which are generally smaller. So for one it should be absolutely no problem.

I would expect the doc knows what he's doing but I'd ask for a second opinion and talk to the midwife about it as well - get all the medical opinions you can.

I'd see it as a positive where you can - I mean you'll know when you're going in so hopefully can make sure everything is the way you want.

Whatever happens I hope you and your baby is healthy and all goes well!

I would go for it as your doc wouldnt suggest it if he had any worries at all!

As elles said... I dont think he would have suggested it if it wasn't safe. 37 weeks is term, so I don't think there should be a problem.

Good luck :)

xxx

I had mine at 39 week, and you'd only be 9 days before that, so I would have thought it was fine hun.

Look at it this way... if he can't do it at 39 weeks, when could he? You may risk going into labour naturally if you leave it any longer.

Aren't babies considered full-term at 37 weeks? I think it'd be fine tinytones, doubt your doctor would recommend it if he thought there would be problems :hugs:

You'd be two days shy of 38 weeks. With planned C-sections here, they deliver at 38 weeks. My son was over 8 lbs. when he was delivered at 38 weeks and was very healthy.

Also, it's best to not make it so close to your due date as the chance of labour happening is higher.

I'd say make your date for July 4th.

:hugs:

thanks ladies!
I think we're going to go for it and confirm. I'll put my trust in the doctor.

Looks like we'll be having american themed birthday parties in years to come - I can see lots of little boys in cowboy outfits dashing about the garden! OH will love it!!

i had my section at 36 wks hun and jessica was fine. if u are bit worried just tlk to your consultant. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->