C-section was cancelled:((

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by sugarjules, Nov 12, 2011.

1. sugarjules

sugarjules Mummy to 2 & Expecting

As some of you may know I was bkd in to have my section yesterday 11.11.11 !!

And I was paranoid that it would be cancelled and guess what:(

The hospital would you believe has a power cut and kept me dangling all day saying later today, lunchtime then afternoon , even though power was back on at lunchtime they still wouldn't have me in.

They then tried to book me in for weds but I flipped out and they then agreed for monday morning.

Was a long and tearful day and was very upset:) my older children go to Florida with the grandparents on Monday morning so they will now miss the birth of their sister :(

When the section was originally bkd I asked them what would happen if cancelled as the kids were going away and they said not to worry as it would then be on the sat, ie today, but guess what they refused to do it over the weekend saying they didn't have a qualified enough surgeon in over the wkd!!!!

Feel sorry for any emergencies that go in over the wkd!!!

Anyway now trying to be positive and look forward to meeting my little girl on Monday !!

2. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

im sorry your plans were upset and that your kids will miss out

3. purechaos109

purechaos109 Mom to a Perfect Pair

I'm sorry I can totally relate my 11-11c-section got canceled too! :(

4. franny_k

franny_k Mummy to Grace and Jude

Poor you - I've got a section booked for 22nd Nov and I would freak out if I didn't have it on that day. Hope you're OK and that Monday goes more smoothly. What a terrible policy, like you say, for those requiring emergency treatment with a not qualified enough surgeon. Shocking!

5. sugarjules

That's what I thought was bloody disgraceful they way they handled it!!! I cant blame them for the power cut but the rest of the organisation was dreadful :(

6. luckyno2

luckyno2 Well-Known Member

O my hat and now you wont have such a special date Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7. SaraAbi

SaraAbi Mum to Abi

Are you from Worthing? My LO's paediatrician apt was cancelled yesterday due to a power cut... And that's where I am having the next one.

8. sailorgirl1

sailorgirl1 Well-Known Member

How annoying! Hope Monday goes ok xx

9. sugarjules

Hi yes, Worthing!!! Have had very positive feelings about Worthing till yesterday and now not so happy!!!

10. SaraAbi

SaraAbi Mum to Abi

I had an emergency c section there last year and couldn't fault it at all, was just annoyed at being stuck in there for 8 days with pre-e x

11. Emleexx

Emleexx Well-Known Member

Omg, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a cancellation, my c-section is booked for the 23rd of December & my OB goes away on the 24th so if mine gets cancelled I will be very upset.

All the best for Monday xx

12. ashlee23

ashlee23 Well-Known Member

aw poor u hunni, good luck for mon. as for the emergencys theyll have an on call surgeon ready, they just wont bring them in unless absolutely necessary as it costs them a hell of a lot more. thats the nhs 4 u :-( xxx