C-section was cancelled:((

sugarjules

Mummy to 2 & Expecting
Reaction score
As some of you may know I was bkd in to have my section yesterday 11.11.11 !!

And I was paranoid that it would be cancelled and guess what:(

The hospital would you believe has a power cut and kept me dangling all day saying later today, lunchtime then afternoon , even though power was back on at lunchtime they still wouldn't have me in.

They then tried to book me in for weds but I flipped out and they then agreed for monday morning.

Was a long and tearful day and was very upset:) my older children go to Florida with the grandparents on Monday morning so they will now miss the birth of their sister :(

When the section was originally bkd I asked them what would happen if cancelled as the kids were going away and they said not to worry as it would then be on the sat, ie today, but guess what they refused to do it over the weekend saying they didn't have a qualified enough surgeon in over the wkd!!!!

Feel sorry for any emergencies that go in over the wkd!!!

Anyway now trying to be positive and look forward to meeting my little girl on Monday !!

im sorry your plans were upset and that your kids will miss out

I'm sorry I can totally relate my 11-11c-section got canceled too! :(

Poor you - I've got a section booked for 22nd Nov and I would freak out if I didn't have it on that day. Hope you're OK and that Monday goes more smoothly. What a terrible policy, like you say, for those requiring emergency treatment with a not qualified enough surgeon. Shocking!

That's what I thought was bloody disgraceful they way they handled it!!! I cant blame them for the power cut but the rest of the organisation was dreadful :(

O my hat and now you wont have such a special date Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Are you from Worthing? My LO's paediatrician apt was cancelled yesterday due to a power cut... And that's where I am having the next one.

Hi yes, Worthing!!! Have had very positive feelings about Worthing till yesterday and now not so happy!!!

I had an emergency c section there last year and couldn't fault it at all, was just annoyed at being stuck in there for 8 days with pre-e x

Omg, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a cancellation, my c-section is booked for the 23rd of December & my OB goes away on the 24th so if mine gets cancelled I will be very upset.

All the best for Monday xx

aw poor u hunni, good luck for mon. as for the emergencys theyll have an on call surgeon ready, they just wont bring them in unless absolutely necessary as it costs them a hell of a lot more. thats the nhs 4 u :-( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->