C section

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
Does anyone feel robbed of the birth experience? I had my baby 12 days ago and in my baby blues postpartum I have been feeling robbed. I didn't get to push at all since I didn't make it past 7 cm. I am sad I never got the experience of pushing. Does anyone else feel this way?

I am happy baby is here healthy but I am feeling this way in my postpartum mindset.

Anyone else?

I think it is totally normal to feel like this. I had my emcs almost 2.5years ago and I clearly remember being so annoyed at wasting a lot of time at birthing classes and not getting to use any of the information or make any of the choices regarding labour, drugs etc. I laboured until 6cm and then was taken to theatre as DS was breech, so I didn't get to experience pushing either. I didn't feel robbed as such, but I was a little deflated and shocked that I didn't have the experience I thought I would.

I've just had a vbac so did experience the full works this time around, and you might be able too invthe future if you are planning more LO's? Having had both a cs and natural birth I can tell you that both are difficult and have their positives and drawbacks.

Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and hopefully you will feel much more positive about your experience as time goes by.

Oh and congrats on the safe arrival of your LO!

Totally normal I felt that way after my emcs with my first baby. I was in labour 30+ hours and spent 2 hours pushing, a further 15 mins in theatre with forceps and then an emcs. I lost a litre of blood and felt so ill, couldn't breastfeed due to the blood loss I didn't get any milk.

I felt totally robbed and like a complete failure.

But you do get over it I promise xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->