Caesarean versus natural birth.

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls :hug:

If you had a choice without obligations what would you choose? I am adding a poll, so you can just vote and be anonymous :hug:

Edited to add: Natural doesn't necessary mean in this case without drugs, just vaginal.

Thank you for your replies :hug::hug::hug:

Vaginal with epidural! I have a head condition that is probably going to dictate a c-section though. I'm not one of those woman who want to go it alone without drugs. And both families (mine and DH's) are pretty gung ho about having epidurals from their experiences with and without it!

Natural, Natural, Natural!!

Providing i could have the birth i wanted, no way do i want the pain of a section again, being an invalid after birth is sooo frustrating!

I'm not entirely sure why anyone would pick a c-section, if they could have a natural...?

Thank you for your replies girls:hug:

Whisper: I think it depends on a c-section. I had planned c-section with my first (due to medical condition) and it was the most wonderful experience ever. I had it at 14.00 on Thursday, at 9.00 next morning I was up and walking, was out in 3 days, didnt have any complications, scar healed perfectly (there is just a tiny little line there now), I was able to breastfeed and we moved house in 2 weeks after the birth.
So for me c-section was wonderful. And I am dreading the prospect of 25 hour labour, tearing, assisted delivery, problems with pelvic floor afterwards and etc. etc. etc.

If I knew that I would have a 5 hour labour, no tearing and no complications I would choose vaginal without a doubt.... But at the moment I am just undecided.... But it is just me:D

I picked natural. No scar and quicker healing.

ETA: Ths is also based on my experience. I had a picture perfect labor and pregnancy. If I thought there would be a risk of complications I would choose a C-section in a heart beat.

Well knowing what I know about my experience...

I had a horrid natural birth. My son was 10lbs, had a 4th degree tear (resulting in surgery to repair colon), and my epidural did not work. Apparently my spine is slightly curved and so they could only get my right leg to not have feeling.

I have to have a c-section and I wanted one last time. If your baby is "normal" weight then it would be much easier!!!

My healing was not quick after natural. My tailbone was severly bruised as well and I still have problems with it if I sit on the floor for more then 20 minutes. Not very condusive to having children!!

Natural, had both and C/S was ok for me no bad complications but natural just suits me better.

I chose natural, although i may have to have a c- section do to medical reasons.

I choose vaginal! To be honest, the whole child birth thing terrifies me whether vaginal or c-section! I really and truly don't want a c-section, though can't quite explain why. I have a family history of big children - I was the smallest at 8lb 12oz and my brother is the biggest at 10lb 15oz, all of which have been vaginal (and forceps) births.

With my brother though my mum was badly torn and damaged and I remember him being about 3 mths old and she still grimaced when she sneezed. With my hubby being 6'6" I am terrfied of having a monster baby so maybe I will be forced into a section due to size? Ultimately I will do whatever is best for the baby and not me.

if you had asked me before luisa was born or wen i was 4cm dilated and dealing with a failed epidural i would have said c sec all the way!!! in fact i was praying id need one as i was so scared of natural!

but after they sorted my epidural natural was brill! i must say i was lucky i didnt feel a thing once epidural was working prop! i even had to be told wen to push!

i did have to have stitches.. they cut me i didnt tear but now thts healing its ok...

i was lucky though she was only 6lbs 14 lol

I choose vaginal! To be honest, the whole child birth thing terrifies me whether vaginal or c-section! I really and truly don't want a c-section, though can't quite explain why. I have a family history of big children - I was the smallest at 8lb 12oz and my brother is the biggest at 10lb 15oz, all of which have been vaginal (and forceps) births.

With my brother though my mum was badly torn and damaged and I remember him being about 3 mths old and she still grimaced when she sneezed. With my hubby being 6'6" I am terrfied of having a monster baby so maybe I will be forced into a section due to size? Ultimately I will do whatever is best for the baby and not me.

I understand the big baby thing!!! my husband is also very tall at 6'5'' and he was 12lbs when born. I had 2 additional ultrasounds with my son to make sure he was doing okay becuase he was measuring so big.

As far as doing what is best for baby.... After 23 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing my sons heart rate dropped to 80 BPM and he needed to come out asap. I had the option of c-section or forcepts. I wouldnt decided (hard to concentrate at the moment they told me and I just cried) so they used the forcepts. Baby would be fine either way but I will forever be damaged. I have to take medication for the rest of my life, and because my son was so large he bruised my tailbone. If I have problems after this birth (even though c-section) I still might have to have a portion of my tailbone removed.

I truly hope it doesn't come to that MrsO. Although would it make life easier if it was removed? It sounds horribly horribly painful :hug:

Well knowing what I know about my experience...

I had a horrid natural birth. My son was 10lbs, had a 4th degree tear (resulting in surgery to repair colon), and my epidural did not work. Apparently my spine is slightly curved and so they could only get my right leg to not have feeling.

I have to have a c-section and I wanted one last time. If your baby is "normal" weight then it would be much easier!!!

My healing was not quick after natural. My tailbone was severly bruised as well and I still have problems with it if I sit on the floor for more then 20 minutes. Not very condusive to having children!!

oh. my. god. this is my worst fear. I need to stop reading these. My darn baby is measuring big too - crap!

TBH I think it's insane for someone to WANT a c-section! My experience with mine was AWFUL, it's major abdominal surgery and the recovery is rough!!

TBH I think it's insane for someone to WANT a c-section! My experience with mine was AWFUL, it's major abdominal surgery and the recovery is rough!!

Couldnt have said it better xx :hugs:

I said natural - but to be honest I am dreading it. I was my sister's birthing partner and she did it without an epidural but with pethidine and gas and air and towards the end neither of those two things helped her much in the pain relief department. I want an epidural - but I am very scared it will a) not work on me b) I'll be one of the ones that has horrible side effects from it c) they'll inject it in the wrong place and paralyse me forever. Oh I also have the fear of ripping/tearing down below....

The reason I don't want C section is because of the recovery time and also have had some relatives who have had really really bad experiences with it - although I know rationally that everyone is different and not all C sections are complicated.

My husband's side of the family have a history or big babies - and that scares me too.

In fact the whole child birth side of pregnancy is making me brick it!

Ive had 3 emergency c-sections and will be having a 4th the recovery gets easier after each one as you know what to expect, with my last dd they left me to labour a bit but then rushed me down to theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->