Caesarean versus natural birth.

Thank you girls for your replies:hugs:

Althought I do think that when somebody says it is insane or crazy to have one thing or another is a bit unthoughtful. Because let's say I had a wonderful c-section experience with very quick recovery and some other ladies had very traumatic vaginal birth. Or vice versa.

:hug::hug::hug:

I'd have a c-section if I had a choice

Althought I do think that when somebody says it is insane or crazy to have one thing or another is a bit unthoughtful. Because let's say I had a wonderful c-section experience with very quick recovery and some other ladies had very traumatic vaginal birth. Or vice versa.

There is always going to be a situation when 1 birth type is better for one person and not another, but overall if a woman knows that she can give birth successfully naturally.....why choose a c-section?

Of course you can never really know how your birth is going to pan out so this is all hypothetical.

Thats what i meant not sure if Tasha did too.

This is my 5th pregnancy. I've had:
1. induced (pitocin) vaginal with epidural (episiotomy). The induction happened because labor wasn't moving along fst enough for my doctors.
2. emergency c-section
3. induced (pitocin) vaginal with epidural and forceps (episiotomy). The induction happened because my water had broken and labor didn't progress fast enough for my doctors.
4. midwife--no drugs--easy labor at home--delivered within 1 hour of being in the hospital. Not one single tear or stitch necessary.

I choose a drug free natural birth all the way!!!!! The experience was peaceful, the pain manageable because I was prepared and the baby was so alert. My recovery was quicker.

There is always going to be a situation when 1 birth type is better for one person and not another, but overall if a woman knows that she can give birth successfully naturally.....why choose a c-section?

Of course you can never really know how your birth is going to pan out so this is all hypothetical.

Thats what i meant not sure if Tasha did too.

Thank you this is what I meant, sorry. After my experience with my c-section, I wish I could have a VBAC, but my OBGYN told me it's not an option unless I have a smaller baby, and Elyse was only 6lbs 1oz.. so you know?

Def natural again! Terrified of being cut open.

I have a question, can they tell how big the baby is going to be before it is born? Then if they think it is going to be 'too big' would they plan a c-section?

I would rather have a planned c-section if they knew there were likely to be problems, rather than attempt a natural delivery then have loads of drama if there are complications.... but otherwise I'd prefer natural.

If only you knew how it was going to go in advance...

I have a question, can they tell how big the baby is going to be before it is born? Then if they think it is going to be 'too big' would they plan a c-section?

I would rather have a planned c-section if they knew there were likely to be problems, rather than attempt a natural delivery then have loads of drama if there are complications.... but otherwise I'd prefer natural.

They usually can guess whether or not your baby is going to be large or small. In my case, I had no internal exams throughout my pregnancy.. and they predicted a small baby. Elyse was 6lbs 1oz, but my pelvis was still too small to deliver her vaginally.

I really recommend bringing it up at an appointment in 3rd trimester, being 19, I figured I would have no problems and so did my doctor. I've known a lot of petite people who have delivered vaginally without any problems so I thought I would be okay.. but everyone is different:)

I'd lovelovelove a natural birth simply because I want that experience.
However, I have a low lying placenta and a small pelvis and my baby's size is being monitored throughout. My Midwife said at the moment providing the placenta moves up I can have my natural birth as Caitlyn is still on the small size...however, Liam was a 10lber so it could all change...lets hope not eh ladies?

Overall, if I end up having a C-Section then I'll go in prepared as my midwife has made me aware of the situation I'm facing since my 20 week scan. At least if I do have to go down this route I'll know the date my daughters coming.

Saying that I could end up having my natural birth for things to not progress and end up having a C-Section, midwife says there's no way to tell.

I was petrified of a c-section and I was going on about it whilst drugged up and in labour :rofl:

The thought just really scares me, I mean its a major operation... but obviously the baby and your own health comes first :)

Yes they can measure your baby and have a general idea that the baby is large. When I was 5 months my son was already measuring big. I had 2 additional ultrasounds in 3rd tri just to make sure everything was ok.

I told them I did not want to have a forcept delivery and would rather have a c-section. My doctor said we will induce and see how labor progress and go from there. I was in labor for 23 hours and pushed for 3. At that point I was so exhausted I couldnt concentrate on anything... then the doc said you have to have a forcept delivery or c-section. I just started to cry hystirically becuase I wanted to do it naturally. I had came so far that they used the forcepts. Knowing what I know now I would choose c-section in my instance because my son was 10lbs.

They claim that they can tell, but the growth scans are notoriously inaccurate. A lot of women are having c-sections because they've been told that the baby is huge, only for it to be about 8lb. The only way they can tell if your pelvis is too small is to do an x-ray, and even that can't say for sure because of the effect the hormone Relaxin has on the joints. I, personally, would not choose a c-section just because they said that the baby was big, I know of loads of women that have naturally had 10lb+ babies no problem.

I'd LOVE a natural birth after having 2 c-sections,
My experience with them isnt nice..so this time i am pushing for a VBA2C.

Thanks girls for your replies:hug:

I had an obstetrician appointment yesterday and was told that I will be able to choose what I want birth I want to have (providing all is well in later pregnancy).

I just wish I could know what my labour will be like. I really don't fancy one of the 24 hours ones ending up with tearing or c-section anyways...

the thought of a cesarean scares me, so god help me if i have to have an emergancy one! im going to try and go for natral as much as i can with gas and air, i dont even want an eppidural because that scares me too! haha

defiantly a natural birth if possible xx

mine have all been 'natural'-(apart from my 1st labour,all the others have been induced, and the last 3 were with no pain relief. I am fully prepared tho this time for the possiblity that due to the severity of my spd i might have to have a section-i dont want one if it can be avoided,but if the consultant says its the best option then i will go with their decision!

After having an amazing c-section experience, I would choose c-section again. It was planned, everything went smoothly, and I'm just past the 2 week mark and I'm feeling great! Had no problems with breast feeding, no major issues with pain, minus a few days being a little harder than others.
But knowing when, not knowing how long it's going to take, etc.. why wouldn't I want one after having such a great experience?

:) I voted vaginal birth :) I had one both labours. I was in labour with my 1st daughter for 13 and half hrs... diamorphine and gas and air. No tears etc

I was in labour 3 and half hrs with my 2nd daughter. gas and air in the last half hr. no tears again etc

I am hoping to have vaginal birth this time round too and hopefully with just gas and air once again if needed :)

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->