Caffeine

jenneunc

Reaction score
I typically have one cup of coffee a day - since the mc in early June, I have tried to reduce my caffeine intake. Currently I'm doing half caf/half decaf in my morning java..my bigger issue; however, is migraines. I was told several years ago by a neurologist - I can try to stop drinking coffee/taking in caffeine, but it could trigger migraines. At the time, I thought - 1 cup of coffee or.. mirgraine. Easy enough. I'd rather 1 cup of coffee than the meds required w/ a migraine. Now I feel like it's a double edged sword...I'm trying to reduce the caffeine intake - I'm a bit groggy...but wondering if in the end it will really matter...:coffee:

Any thoughts out there on caffeine while ttc? I'm on cd10...We are going to go for it this month since I had a normal cycle and am feeling better - but, the caffeine question is nagging me.

Thanks in advance Girls!
Jenn

in my planning for a heathy pregnancy book it says 300mg a day max

300mg of caffiene is usually one serving of regular coffee, bold coffee usually has more. Since you MC, I would stick to the half/half. I was doing decaf while TTC before my MC, and after I completely cut it out to eliminate as many negative factors as possible. As long as your migraines are kept at bay, you'll get use to less caffiene.

Thanks CharmedKirsty & dietrad! I thought half & half may be sufficient..I haven't ready anything about TTC & caffeine really - just about pregnancy. I even read 200mg was enough. I guess gradual reduction will work ;)

Definitely take it in moderation. I'm not allowed any caffeine....and I'm going nuts without it. But, in the long run, it's probably healthier. Since I've had 2 m/c's and there is no known cause, my dr. is being precautious and wants me to avoid all caffeine. Check with your OB to see what they recommend for you, as everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->