Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
My birth story:
Caitlin Ruth
Born 2nd December 2007
11.20pm
7lb 0

I was lying on the sofa watchiing TV (Billy Elliot) getting very close to going to bed (not much before midnight) - I was shattered! All of a sudden I felt 'something' I was quite puzzled & can only describe it as a pop! Then I felt like I'd trickled again I was confused but lay silent since I'd had the sneeze and pee thing going on haha ... but I hadn't sneeezed :confused: lol! Within seconds I found my leaping off the couch & my waters gushed I just stood giggling my OH stood glaring at me in shock I just laughed "I better not be pissing myself" :blush: OH ran and got towels ... we had none left in the end! I couldn't move for laughing (I was nervous now) adventurely grabbed the phone ran upstairs with a towel between my legs & rang Tam to confirm I'd not piddled myself :rofl: She told me to sit on the toilet as I was still leaking although I already was lol Got off the phone & rang labour ward they asked had I felt baby move and to call back in hour with an update but to go in if I wanted monitored for peace of mind too. We used the doppler as I'd not felt her but started to after that. We were faffing about getting things ready & I got a shower then the contractions started and were getting closer so we decided that we would stay calm not rush but go in with us being totally new to this it felt like the best idea so I finished getting ready & we rang the taxi.We left between 2.30am/3am I was so worried incase I leaked any more in the guys taxi but he was nice & said "oh don't worry about that lets just get you there" the bumps were fun esspecially as the contractions were painful... Had to go through A&E I was so embarasssed incase I lost anymore water on our way through.

Our first MW wasn't too friendly we thought - it was quite a relief that she soon went off! They monitored Caitlins HB for a couple of hours then we moved rooms as it was bigger and more comfortable for me & Stu and they knew I'd be in there for the day also they started having difficulties finding Caitlins HB due to how I was lying and the elastic belts kept coming off so this room had a better heart monitor which was capable of scanning her HB internally through me (this is like a stick thing with a hook on the end :shock: attached to her head).

It was a longgggggg day few naps between.

Around early evening I was placed on a drip because my contractions were coming but weren't strong enough.

Getting closer to the birth of Caitlin I was crossing my eyes lol I swore they turned my gas off :rofl: Once I was 10 cm diulateding they were preparing to start the birth & the next thing I was being told to push (I had the gas taken off me lol ) I was pushing for about half an hour and they brought another MW in (is it sister MW?) who realised my contractions had stopped (well they were mild) all I recall at this point is my legs being thrown onto some foot things & being told "just one more push" "just one more" .................... Well I was getting annoyed as she sat to my right I turned to Stu on my left gritting my teeth "if she says just one more push one more fucking time..."! :lol: ... I had to be cut for the final pushes of Caitlin then although I do not remember I did know something made me put all my energy into that last push and on asking OH when I got home thats when I found out about the contractions stopping (well very low).

Caitlin arrived at 11.20pm exactly 2nd Decemeber 2007 ~ I remember seeing her first couple of seconds entering the world before the cord was cut - I heard her cry & through my exhaustion remember that second of relief. We had been up for over 36 hours & I'd been in labour for 23 hours so by this point I was stressed, Caitlin was stressed (I read in my notes) & she would not latch on to my breast for a feed. I had a big blood loss, my womb did not contract and so I was placed on a drip & cafiter (sp) then transfered to Lawson Tate the postnatal unit - they helped me clean up & we both agreed (MW & me) that at this point I needed rest & Caitlin needed a bottle feed & she took Caitlin off for a feed, Stu left exhausted & I fell asleep.

I woke up after 3-4 hours sleep and found myself just glaring into her crib amazed by my whole experience & the outcome ... my beautiful baby girl! After everything we have been through (If you have ever read my TTC journal) I felt over whelmed. I swore I'd never be a Mummy yet we made it, she made it. :cloud9:

Every little worry, every little pain, aches, pains, sleepless nights ..... WORTH IT! We're doing it one more time :happydance:

Although I have posted these pictures in the photo section I wanted to add them to my birth story:

Nice picture of me lol But hey the beauty nurse wasn't free HA

Just born 02/12/07 11.20pm
https://www.babyandbump.com/imagehosting/4475c6c00e2c02.jpg

In the crib:
https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/Caitlin/caitlin4.jpg

02/12/07
https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/Caitlin/caitlin1.jpg

On way home:
https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/Caitlin/caitlin2.jpg

Home 3/12/07
https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/Caitlin/caitlin5.jpg

https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/Caitlin/caitlin6.jpg

04/12/2007
https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/wobble_wobble/Caitlin/caitlin7.jpg

ITS NICE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR EXPERIENCE WAS LIKE WOBBLES CAUSE THATS WHERE I WILL BE HAVING MY LITTLE ONE.
GLAD YOU AND BABY ARE BOTH DOING WELL :hugs::hugs:

aaww what beautiful story so when is this next one due hehhe

Not quite yet ... We want to enjoy Caitlin first. Year plus :D

aawwww that will be nice i how u enjoy every min and good luck for the furture hunni xx

That is a beautiful and inspirational story Wobs :hugs: Everything you and Stu went through, how you were strong enough to keep going and now you have the most beautiful daughter to show for it. You guys truly are an inspiration to the rest of us.

I look forward to hearing updates and seeing photos of Caitlin!

Thankyou for sharing your birth story :)

Congrats!! I've been waiting to read your birth story!! She is just gorgeous, cutest face!!

Awww she's beautiful! I dream of a day where I'll be posting my own birth story! Congrats!

i love reading the birth stories! your daughter is gorgeous so im sure it was def worth it! i can totally relate to you laughing when your waters broke...when i have extreme fear or nerves i have a laughing fit...its either that or cry or freak out so laughing is the best choice i guess:rofl:

i dont know how women manage to go through such long labours i really dont think id have the energy for it...i bet it burns a lot of calories though:rofl:

Im so happy for you and Stu. Your story has brought tears to my eyes. Both from laughing because I can picture you getting angry at the MW and thinking you peed your self and mostly because I am so so so happy for you and Stu. Caitlin is so cute. She is perfect in every way. I cant wait to see her grow and hear all the stories you will share with us.

Your story gives me hope. I know that no mater how long it takes I too will be a mom. And just like you and Stu I will never give up hope. Love you guys and again Congrats on Caitlin's Arrivial into your lives. She is beautiful.

Great birth story, sounds like you worked really hard but like you say, shes worth it in the end :D

Hope you feeling better now and are on the mend from the whole thing.

So chuffed for you both, Caitlin is wonderful :D

x

Ive been waiting to read your birth story. Truely Amazing!!

You must be so proud of your beautiful daughter. Im so happy for you both.

Xx :hugs:

reading your story just made me cry xxxx

huge congrats again xx

congratulations!! shes beautiful!

lol hope so Carolina! It wasn't so bad I guess the bit that bite me/us was the fact it all began at midnight when we would have been heading to bed but I did say it would start in middle of night (nr enough) to do my OHs head in. I chuckled at the thought of that happening in bed :lol:

Im terrible for laughing - I laugh when people hurt themselves! Kind of laugh that I have to stop or Ill wet myself :blush: lol

Thanks girls :hugs: (didnt realise there was a page 2 then/half asleep).

Suz indeed! My little journey started long before I knew it only on realising what was going on (sort of knowing) did I realise that it all went back further than what was bearable (sp) to think of.

Every little heart ache, tear, every let down is soothed by Caitlin being here. Never thought it & I hope my history helps give more than you girls (FJL/Suz) hope for the future.

Sorry for making anyone teary lol :D

I should say thank you to alot of you girls here too - without many of you from previous forums to the BabyandBump today I'd never have got through it! Things were tough and together (OH & me) it was a test on us that often hit rock bottom because we dealt with emotions so differently (he acted like there was no worries, barriers and hard faced me I just wanted & did often break down into nothing) & my hope story was RachieH who helped me with lots of info and reassurances, thanks again :hugs: x

:cry::cry: I really shouldnt have read this at work with my hormoans lol. What an amazing journey u have all been on, im so so so happy for u all.
Such an lovely story and u did so well wobs!!
:hugs:xx

Oh and Caitlin is just beautiful!
x

Wow an amazing story Wobbles.. She's so perfect..

How are you finding being a new mummy?

Lovely story, you must be on cloud 9 at the moment! Huge congrats once again to you and stu! Caitlin is just perfect you must be sooo proud!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->